Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

So-Called Dollar Fellowship Medal Idea

ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,863 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 7, 2020 12:43AM in U.S. Coin Forum
How many people here have attended a So-Called Dollar Fellowship? I haven't yet but was wondering if it would be fun or too out there to wear medals like at the expos and coin events of the past, such as the following. For next year's So-Called Fellowship, would it be cool to turn some of the medals into wearables? Other clubs could have their own too. Recent SCD Fellowship medal below.

Comments

• Options
    THOMAS655THOMAS655 Posts: 65 ✭✭✭

My wife and I went to the gathering in Colorado along with the ANA show. Had a great time and got to meet many people that I had only heard of. John Raymond was probably the highlight person that I met there. Took most of my top pops, no one knew me except Jeff Shevlin until then, I think I got their attention with the medals that I took. Of course met Dan Carr since gathering was at his location. You should see his Chevy El Camino collection!!! WOW!!! I look forward to going again but not this year unfortunately.

• Options
    dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jeff Shevlin has not commissioned any "Gathering" medals the last two years. I made them for the first four years.

None were manufactured as a wearable item. But it would be possible to do something like that. I made an assortment of wearable medals a few years ago for Comic-Con. They were not very good sellers, however. Here is a complete grouping:

moonlightmint.com/dc_wearables_list.htm

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,863 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought your medals were nice Dan. It would be to have a gathering to wear them.

I agree wearables are not very popular now, though I thought it would be interesting here because Jeff's medals have places to engrave names.

Interesting that Jeff hasn't commissioned any recently. I wonder if a gathering was held last year.

• Options

@Zoins said:
    I thought your medals were nice Dan. It would be to have a gathering to wear them.

I agree wearables are not very popular now, though I thought it would be interesting here because Jeff's medals have places to engrave names.

Interesting that Jeff hasn't commissioned any recently. I wonder if a gathering was held last year.

Yes, there was a "gathering" last year and there will be one this year.
    So I guess he just decided not to do the gathering medals any more.
    That is not a problem because I have a lot of other things to do.

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those wearables you made Dan are very nice. I figure I would have gotten a few if I had had the opportunity. What do you think about doing one for the KotCT this year?

• Options

@Kudbegud said:
    Those wearables you made Dan are very nice. I figure I would have gotten a few if I had had the opportunity. What do you think about doing one for the KotCT this year?

Maybe. I'll have to see how the design comes out first.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Since I collect challenge coins, I like the idea of medals for special activities or groups.... I am thinking of having some made with my name/design to give out to friends....Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file