Home Sports Talk
Options

2015 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

13»

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Pats certainly disappointed me yesterday, hopefully they are all disgusted with themselves too because they did not put on a good show yesterday. I blame the game plan more than anything else, they were running the ball way to much almost like they wanted to just get out of there quick as possible. Thankfully Brady didn't get hurt by that dirt bag thug Suh. Either way I'm not feeling Super Bowl this year .
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A pathetic performance. Losing home field advantage was huge. Lucky for me I wasn't able to watch the game because of living in Atlanta, I get choked with Falcons stuff...another pathetic loss for the birds, though they seem happy with a 8-8 season.

No SB for the Pats this year, turn the page...Dandy Don, que it up...Turn out the lights, the party's ovah.
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

That was a mess . I'm starting to think Bill has lost his mind. They only threw 5 times in the first half , when I see that I figure they don't care if they win or lose. At the same time if you didn't are if you won why not sit Brady and Gronk? Jimmy G can hand the ball off 15 times can't he?

Now Brady has an ankle injury and we lost the top seed also , exactly what was the goal there?
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    Might as well get it over with in week 2 of the playoffs if they are going to keep playing like that.
  • Options
    That game is still annoying me, more so now that it has sunk in. They played like they didn't care if they won or lost, I'm not sure if they feel they didn't want the week off and didn't want to expose their bag of tricks and show the league what they want to do in the playoffs so they basically just ran the ball into a loss. It makes no sense to me but if they lose the first game then at least it's quick and painless.
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

I blame this whole mess on Bill. It goes back to the stupidity that was the Philadelphia game . He took that team lightly that was arrogant and I feel like he took Miami lightly also. I wish someone could also explain to me why they have been kneeling down at the ends of every second quarter with time on the clock and time outs in our pocket and not using our QB to try and get points.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,460 ✭✭✭✭✭
    all that matters now is their first playoff game. The rest is water under the bridge.
  • Options
    Lets get as many of these guys healthy and rested. Im over the loss and patiently waiting for them to play some "Playoff style" Football.

GO PATS!!!
  • Options
    Nice Win yesterday, I figured they would abandon the run and throw the ball nearly every play. Two things that matter most is the Win and hoping Jones and Collins dong have serious injuries, our D can't afford to lose those guys. Kudos to the Pats OL for allowing zero sacks!
  • Options
    Go Pats!!!
  • Options
    Hoping Collins and Jones are going to be ready for this game!
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: bronco2078

I blame this whole mess on Bill. It goes back to the stupidity that was the Philadelphia game . He took that team lightly that was arrogant and I feel like he took Miami lightly also. I wish someone could also explain to me why they have been kneeling down at the ends of every second quarter with time on the clock and time outs in our pocket and not using our QB to try and get points.

Don't want to risk a momentum swing going into the second half.

On another note, I am not impressed with their defense this season. I am concerned Denver will do exceptionally well running the ball, as they did at the end of their last meetup.

• Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: MULLINS5

On another note, I am not impressed with their defense this season. I am concerned Denver will do exceptionally well running the ball, as they did at the end of their last meetup.

I'm not concerned about the Broncos running game, and here's why. For one, Jamie Collins didn't play in that game, and Hightower got hurt midway through. They are both playing this week. Also, Manning is QB this week, and since they won't have to defend more than 20 yards downfield, the safeties can play a little closer to the line of scrimmage. I don't think the Broncos will have nearly the success this time around.
  • Options
    Brady, Edelman, Gronkowski, Amendola, LaFell, Gostkowski.

Game over.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: MCMLVTopps
    Hey Paul...better get the snowblower in shape, won't be long now. image

Al

Only getting 2 inches AL, looks like we are missing a big storm!
  • Options
    Hey Paul,

Atlanta is in full panic mode, with schools closed and not a flake has fallen here yet. In the north Georgia area things are bad with freezing rain and predictions of 2-5"++ of snow close to the North Carolina line.

Many don't respect freezing rain and ice, as they buzz along like no big deal...most end up in a wreck. Several pics already of flipped cars. Schools of course closed there yesterday and today. I wouldn't want my kid in a school bus on icy roads, here or back in Lowell. Ice, as you know is a bear to deal with.

I live a bit south of I-20 and 80 miles east of Atlanta...predicting snow flurries here later this afternoon. I'll be glad to see snow, not an accumulation, but it'll bring back nice memories. Right now it's in the low 40s with a wind chill just above freezing and light rain. Nice to be snug at home with the fireplace going. Time to crack open a Stuart Woods book.

Looks like you dodged a big one.

Stay warm pal...enjoy the games!!

Al
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    Sunny and 50's here today. I can see the snow on the mtns which is close enough for me. Stuart Woods book sounds good to me!
  • Options
    Huge game today guys!!! Let's hope they can go into Denver and pull it out, I expect a very tough game. A lot tougher than some are thinking. GO PATS!!!
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    That entire O line needs to be friggin' fired. Where the hell did we get these scrubs?
  • Options
    A loss hard to swallow. What are the odds Gostkowski misses? Like a zillion to one??

Offensive line was dismal and didn't protect Brady. Was surprised Edelman and La Fell didn't figure more prominently into the game.

Manning looked pretty humble at the end of the game...class act.

Congrats to Denver.
  • Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭✭
    You can't let Miller and Ware go one on one the entire game. That game plan would have failed no matter who the O line was. Denver's D was just better than the Pats O.

This was a lost season once the injuries started piling up so making AFC Championship game was a heck of an accomplishment for the Pats. Would have liked to see them get to overtime but sadly the better team won today. We will see if Pats can ever get a deep threat again at wide receiver.

Robb
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coaching ??. Why would you not kick a field goal on 4th down the way things were going. Not once but twice. Just like the coin flip call in the OT game
  • Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great game to watch, not having a horse in the race.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭✭
    Kicking the field goal would have meant driving the entire field for the go ahead TD. Given how thoroughly the Denver D had dominated I think it was the right call. The Pats had to make two 4th down conversions to score and that was starting the drive at the 50.

I do chuckle at folks that question Belichick's coaching decisions. He is the most successful coach in the history of the NFL, I think he knows a little more about his team and in game decisions than the rest of us.

Robb
  • Options
    Tough loss, we certainly had our chance but ended up with the fat L, good season either way. Obviously I'm not happy but I really don't think Carolina is beatable anyways, good luck to Denver.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brady is one tuff dude

mark
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats to the Patriots for a great season and great game today.

I am of course glad that Denver won today and is going back to the Superbowl. Denver's defense carried the day. I just hope that the Superbowl will be competitive and not another blowout loss by my favorite team. I am hoping for a repeat of the 1998 Superbowl when Denver surprised a heavily favored Greenbay team. If Denver does win and Manning retires after the Superbowl, Denver will be qble to say that it is the only team that has has not one (Elway) but two (Elway and Manning) retire after winning the Superbowl. I do not think anyone has done that except Elway.
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    when Denver surprised a heavily favored Greenbay team.

uh, Green Bay.

As for yesterday's game, it seems that Belichick doesn't know his Team or remember anything about the way Patriot games that are close tend to end, with a late comeback that typically includes some kind of deep shot into the endzone. The game was lost when they went for the first down instead of kicking the field goal.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: keets
    when Denver surprised a heavily favored Greenbay team.

uh, Green Bay.

As for yesterday's game, it seems that Belichick doesn't know his Team or remember anything about the way Patriot games that are close tend to end, with a late comeback that typically includes some kind of deep shot into the endzone. The game was lost when they went for the first down instead of kicking the field goal.

Totally agree they should have kicked the FG, but in hindsight had they made the 1st down and scored everyone would have said THAT was the correct call.

We got beat fair and square and thats that.