Home Sports Talk
Options

2015 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

Comments

• Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    Huge loss with Edelman though. Hope this is not season ending.
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great game, best this year!

Hoping Edelman will heal quickly. Gotta have that guy!!
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A great game for sure and as I expected it was right down to the wire although I sincerely thought they were going to lose this game. Ofcourse we took a huge hit though by losing Edelman, Id trade that Win for Edelmans injury not happening but hopefully he will be back on the field for the playoffs.
  • Options
    Hey Paul...DO NOT look at the weather in the Rockies !!!

Coming soon to a theatre near you! image(
  • Options
    According to the latest, Edelman should be back before the start of the playoffs. I supposed that's good, but I don't know how effectively he'll be as I'm sure he'll be a bit rusty and his foot will still be sore.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,460 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Brian48
    According to the latest, Edelman should be back before the start of the playoffs. I supposed that's good, but I don't know how effectively he'll be as I'm sure he'll be a bit rusty and his foot will still be sore.

he can be rusty for the first game of the playoffs, but not for the second and third.
  • Options
    Tougher game than I thought against the Bills but a good victory none the less. Im starting to stress about these injuries piling up, hopefully Amendola's knee will be ok going forward.
  • Options
    Booger9989Booger9989 Posts: 404 ✭✭✭
    As a die hard eagles fan I am PRAYING the pats put up 100+ on my "culture" team aka the pigeons! I will watch as my man chip looks on in shame and embarr*****ment!
    Positive BST Deals as a seller : Wondercoin, Chumlee, Jerster, Perry Hall , DMarks, MWK, drewsef, SoCalBigMark, Lakesammman, Nurmaler
  • Options
    Originally posted by: Booger9989
    As a die hard eagles fan I am PRAYING the pats put up 100+ on my "culture" team aka the pigeons! I will watch as my man chip looks on in shame and embarr*****ment!

Im just hoping for 2 things, a Victory and NO MORE INJURIES

Honestly the no injury thing is almost more important at this point
  • Options
    Weather in Denver at game time...low 20s, wind chill upper teens...light snow showers.

Geez Paul, kinda sounds like Salisbury in February. image

Enjoy the game, I might have to sip some Jack to stay warm for this one.

I wish Amendola and Edleman were in the game...we don't need anymore injuries!!

Al
  • Options
    Hi AL! Im not that concerned about Denver tonight, I expect a tough game even without Manning in there. Again my main goal with this game is to avoid any injuries and hopefully pull out a W

And yep Winter is coming Al
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worst possible outcome
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    Loss not important. Do hope early report that knee is not severely damaged is accurate
  • Options
    Looked like a couple of "iffy" calls at key times...like the sack of O, and the Gronk interference call.

But, it is what it is, hopefully we get Gronk and Amendola back this week...then Edeleman for the playoffs.

Gotta hand it to the Denver QB, he made some nice throws against a pretty good defensive team.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: MCMLVTopps
    Looked like a couple of "iffy" calls at key times...like the sack of O, and the Gronk interference call.

But, it is what it is, hopefully we get Gronk and Amendola back this week...then Edeleman for the playoffs.

Gotta hand it to the Denver QB, he made some nice throws against a pretty good defensive team.

Agreed, the Pats got the worst of calls but in reality they lost because Denver was always in it. I was terified about the Gronk injury but definately feeling better about the reports of him not even missing a game, HOPEFULLY these reports are accurate for sure.
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From my own point of view, the Denver victory was the best possible outcome.

It was a very competitive game, with the Patriots having the upper hand for most of the game, but Denver was still in the game. The Denver QB showed poise and good decision making, particularly in the 4th quarter and in overtime.

I would not mind seeing Manning sit out for a few more games to see how well his backup does. If he continues to play well maybe Peyton should be placed on injured reserve for the remainder of the season and announce his retirement.

I would like to see Denver and New England play again in the playoffs.
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amazing what a single turnover can do sometimes. The Pats were in complete control until that muffed punt, then it was as if they changed uniforms.

As an aside, the ambiguity of NFL rules sure does spice things up, doesn't it? Determining what constitutes a catch and what doesn't nowadays is akin to asking the SC&M forum how a raw card will grade out; just forget about complete unanimity cuz you're not gonna get it. Always makes for solid television when Jim Nantz tosses it to Mike Carey who adamantly opines, then seconds later the officiating crew opts for a different interpretation.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recall having a high opinion of Carey as a ref, but he is downright awful on the air compared to Pereira.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: SanctionII
    From my own point of view, the Denver victory was the best possible outcome.

It was a very competitive game, with the Patriots having the upper hand for most of the game, but Denver was still in the game. The Denver QB showed poise and good decision making, particularly in the 4th quarter and in overtime.

I would not mind seeing Manning sit out for a few more games to see how well his backup does. If he continues to play well maybe Peyton should be placed on injured reserve for the remainder of the season and announce his retirement.

I would like to see Denver and New England play again in the playoffs.

I don't like to see the Pats lose to Denver , I think that if Manning was in there they wouldn't have. Ostweiller made some mistakes but he made some great throws that Peyton would not have .

I don't see many Denver games so I'm wondering 2 things ,

, is Emmanuel Sanders always that great ?

and conversely is Thomas always that soft? Logan Ryan is just not that good that was embarr*****ing

• Options
    I am shocked they lost this game, I thought Chip had "lost" his team and boom they hang 35 on my beloved Pats. Obviously missing some key personell but still should have played far better.

• Options
    LeeBoneLeeBone Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Eagles couldn`t beat the Dolphins, Bucs, or Lions. They go to NE and win. image
  • Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭
    'twas bizarre.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think we took the eagles lightly in the first half and it cost us.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: LeeBone
    My Eagles couldn`t beat the Dolphins, Bucs, or Lions. They go to NE and win. image

Classic NFL ofcourse, what should happen doesnt and what shouldnt happen does.

• Options
    maybe we will get to see an earlier playoff game now?
  • Options
    The Panthers/Saints game was broadcast to the Atlanta market...I must admit, an exciting game, but the "score ticker" was surprising me with Pats scores...or lack thereof.

The Pats will do ok...just need to get Gronk and Edelman back on the field.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: Barndog
    maybe we will get to see an earlier playoff game now?

Im really hoping we can get that first round bye!

• Options
    The Panthers/Saints game was broadcast to the Atlanta market...I must admit, an exciting game, but the "score ticker" was surprising me with Pats scores...or lack thereof.

The Pats will do ok...just need to get Gronk and Edelman back on the field.

They SHOULD be fine looking at the schedule but if any game looked like a sure win it was the Eagles so who knows.
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    Getting closer to Red Sox time. Too many injuries to even talk about the Pat's chances right now.
  • Options
    bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭
    If they run the table they will get a first round bye.

Because Cincinnati still must play Denver, one of them must lose.
    Capecards
  • Options
    Originally posted by: bxb
    If they run the table they will get a first round bye.

Because Cincinnati still must play Denver, one of them must lose.

I like the positive spin!

• Options
    back to number one seed. Gronk returns. Nice game. TOO MANY INJURIES again!
  • Options
    I solid victory, now that we are back to reality it was getting annoying listening to all the stupid nonsense about how much of a tough game we were in for last night. Gotta love Denver AND Cincy losing
  • Options
    Hopefully Blount and Mcourty are not hurt too bad, these injuries need to stop!
  • Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    Now you know how the Packers feel Perk ;-)

Injuries are nutz.
  • Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭✭
    Well you guys may know that while my Bostonian wife is BoSox first, we do traditionally have ourselves a nice SB party whenever her Patriots make the big game image Do we know yet what all special they got planned for the big Super Bowl 50? Perhaps a gold Vince Lombardi trophy for example? And is that coffee table SI just released to commemorate the SB's 50th anniversary any good?
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options
    Originally posted by: FavreFan1971

Injuries are nutz.

Yea the Pats are taking their lumps this season but in the same breath we got VERY lucky with Gronk, Edelman and Amendola. Blount will be missed but a RB can be found to fill the gap, the Pats are pass first but have always done their best with a back that can play smashmouth.

Im hoping the injuries will at least slow down now!

• Options
    Was there a sting afoot in the game Sunday?

It has been reported that the NFL tested the PSI of footballs before, during and after the game.

Perhaps Goodell was praying for a "gotcha" moment at Gillette stadium yesterday. No results of the air-worthiness of the pigskins were offered.
  • Options
    Was there a sting afoot in the game Sunday?

It has been reported that the NFL tested the PSI of footballs before, during and after the game.
    Perhaps Goodell was praying for a "gotcha" moment at Gillette stadium yesterday. No results of the air-worthiness of the pigskins were offered.

seems the entire NFL (corporate) is doing its best to work against NE this year.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: perkdog
    Originally posted by: FavreFan1971

Injuries are nutz.

Yea the Pats are taking their lumps this season but in the same breath we got VERY lucky with Gronk, Edelman and Amendola. Blount will be missed but a RB can be found to fill the gap, the Pats are pass first but have always done their best with a back that can play smashmouth.

Im hoping the injuries will at least slow down now!

The unproven new RB did well. Not surprised anymore. Plus now almost any Rb can be plugged in for another. Although I have a feeling these injuries are going to finally catch up to them.

BTW, the surprise air pressure tests were negative. So far.
  • Options
    First round bye is locked up so now we need to hope for 2 more things...home field and no more injuries!
  • Options
    To veer off topic a bit. Did anyone notice that Brady PSA 10 2000 SP Auth that just sold for $8100? Wow. Just when you thought this card had topped out, it just keeps going and going.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: Brian48
    To veer off topic a bit. Did anyone notice that Brady PSA 10 2000 SP Auth that just sold for $8100? Wow. Just when you thought this card had topped out, it just keeps going and going.

Talk about a good investment back in the day!
  • Options
    That one hurt a bit but great game nonetheless. Good job by the Jets they were ready to play, all we can do now is smash the fish next week.
  • Options
    s4nys4ny Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭
    Don't play chess with Bill B, he is thinking 4 moves ahead:

1) Lose to Jets and essentially eliminate Steelers, a team many had picked to go all the way.

2) Beat Dolphins and get #1 seed and home field all the way.

3) Likely face Broncos, Jets, Chiefs, or Texans in first playoff game in New England.

4) Likely face Bengals in AFC Championship in New England.

Could you imagine Bill trying to remain stone faced if he faces the Jets again?

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: s4ny

1) Lose to Jets and essentially eliminate Steelers, a team many had picked to go all the way.
    3) Likely face Broncos, Jets, Chiefs, or Texans in first playoff game in New England.

5)If you make an idiotic decision like electing to kickoff in OT, your fans will still think you're a genius.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: Darin

5)If you make an idiotic decision like electing to kickoff in OT, your fans will still think you're a genius.

I wondered after that decision if it was a mistake or a "get rid of Pittsburgh" mistake
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Barndog

Originally posted by: Darin

I wondered after that decision if it was a mistake or a "get rid of Pittsburgh" mistake

I think Bill thought that kicking off, getting a stop and kicking a FG on a shorter field was his best bet plain and simple. With the mounting injuries especially at left tackle and the fact that NE didn't move the ball that well all game played into that decision. I think he may have thought that if NE received the kick in OT and went three and out he would be in trouble. I also think he didn't want to get Brady killed with a new LT picked up on waivers last week from the juggernaut LIONS who is actually a RT. Bill played conservative all day. It was to survive. Lose the battle and win the war. JMHO

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    Patriots 12-3
    Broncos 11-4
    Bengals 11-4

Yes!
  • Options
    Happy New Year to all my fellow Pats fans!