Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

If you were to sell your entire collection and buy just one coin, what would it be?

2»

Comments

• Options
    ARCOARCO Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Never.

Waaaaaaay less risk to own numerous super eye appealing coins, plus way more liquid. >>

Truth is, this is my thinking too. I would rather own 1,000, or 10,000 beautiful and original coins, hand selected over decades of collecting with the price range $250-$1500 generally. How can you go wrong with that strategy?

Tyler
  • Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be all over the finest 1792 Half disme.

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I would rather own 1,000, or 10,000 beautiful and original coins, hand selected over decades of collecting with the price range $250-$1500 generally. How can you go wrong with that strategy? >>

Unfortunately, stamp collectors found out that "diversification" within a single class of collectibles wasn't nearly as safe as they had hoped. I can always tell when I'm buying coins from a dealer who also sold stamps. My packages arrive with little bits of his philatelic inventory stuck to the outside of the envelope.
  • Options
    HandHHandH Posts: 438 ✭✭✭
    Pogue 1822 $5. But I cheated, I would need to sell my collection, and run a lemonade stand for a few years as well. Without a doubt, in my opinion, the great gold coin to own.

US Civil War coinage
    Historical Medals

• Options
    NVUNVU Posts: 284 ✭✭✭
    1796 no stars or 1808 quarter eagle
  • Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd never sell my entire collection but, if money were no object; I'd pick up a 19-D and/or a 1921-S half in MS 65.

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file