Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Paypal's doing there thing! :(

amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have a buying account and a selling account. Just noticed paypal hit my selling account with recent purchases on my buying account after I paid! Hit my paypal balance instead of my credit card. image The War begins. How can they do this?

Edit to add: My buying account is in my wife's name with a different email!

Comments

• Options
    commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,078 ✭✭✭
    I'm guessing you were logged in to the selling account without realizing it, and then paid for some items. I have a hard time believing it was their error, sorry.

-Paul
    Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com
  • Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,873 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it possible you made a mistake and were signed in to the other account when making a purchase> This too me is the most logical explanation.
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whenever I make a purchase through Paypal, it defaults to Paypal Credit. I have to make the effort to slow down and change this to another form of payment; Paypal Balance, Bank Account, etc... Kinda sneaky.
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suppose the suggestions are possible. The funny thing about it is I use IE for buying and Google Chrome for selling. I just don't see how it jumped browsers!
  • Options
    shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are certain merchants where I have been unable to change the default, now if that happens I just cancel the transaction. If it's something I really want, I guess I would order and pay directly, but so far it's just talked me out of buying stuff.
    ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,856 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pay Pal loves you and wants you and your wife to share the burden equally.
  • Options
    drwstr123drwstr123 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Pay Pal loves you and wants you and your wife to share the burden equally. >>

They're doing their thing over there on eBay.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,856 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Pay Pal loves you and wants you and your wife to share the burden equally. >>

They're doing their thing over there on eBay. >>

I wanted to say something like that, but didn't want to be obtrusive or offensive. image
  • Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    A year or more ago I was messing around with opening a eBay store. Some how my Paypal account got changed to a business account. I'm sure I did something to cause this~"probably"lolimage

After 3 months of trying to change it back I gave up!image Life is to short to stay on hold 30 minutes then try to communicate with whom ever they were that answered the phone.

Now if anyone has a phone number I can call Paypal and talk to an American, I will try again. Has anyone used Paypal customer service since the eBay split?
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the new version of Windows blurred the lines trying to link everything.
    I know I use one email were I'm prone to pick up spam and another on my eBay.
    But sometimes PayPal get my old address & old email that no longer usable by me at all.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file