Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

How do you reset the view on HA.com to the way it was?

Does anyone know if this is possible?

I really can see good pictures anymore and just hate the change.

Thanks in advance.
I seldom check PM's but do check emails often jason@seated.org

Buying top quality Seated Dimes in Gem BU and Proof.

Buying great coins - monster eye appeal only.

Comments

• Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn't that be nice. I don't know that it's possible.

Heritage really messed up the enlarged-image view. I thought I'd get used to it and control it better but I was wrong. I dislike it too.
    Lance.
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not too many websites like to maintain two different formats, and you can probably count HA.com as one of them. I found it annoying at first, but have gotten used to it, which probably means they are going to change it again.

"How do you get to the Met(ropolitan Opera)? Practice"
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blame it on mobile users. They've ruined the web.
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if "ruined" is the right word but things are sure changing to accommodate a smaller screen and reconfigured viewing. the web has morphed.
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Change just to be changing is just STUPID!!!
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When the hit counters slow down just maybe they will realize somethings happened.
    If I can't see a clear image I don't buy.

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure what the issue is. I have no trouble with the new site. I liked the way it was before the change that was before this one, but I was never to the point I could not use the site.
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i am with ike on this one. the large view feature is designed to lose them business. the rest, i am forcing myself to get used to. dont like it, at all, but i will have to adapt or not use their site. i give it 50/50.

man that old format was probably in my top 5 of all sites ive visited since i learnded to use the interwebs highway.

if there is a way to switch back, ive yet to figure it out. there may be a way but that link will probably be buried in fine print. lol

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    seateddimeseateddime Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭
    I am sure plenty of smart people had good reasons to change the website design. I just stop going because I made a mistake on coin I didn't see well and figured maybe someone knew if they used a mirror site in the old format. I will guess not and therefore have to get used to what they offer. I don't visit there much so maybe it's just hard to get used to. I find I can't see the images as well and with one error already I need not repeat the error of not looking closer at what's there.
    I seldom check PM's but do check emails often jason@seated.org

Buying top quality Seated Dimes in Gem BU and Proof.

Buying great coins - monster eye appeal only.
  • Options
    stevebensteveben Posts: 4,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i agree that the image viewing on the heritage site is very bad now. it's more difficult to view the coins than before.

also, their customer service the last time i bought a 20K coin from them was horrible.
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have problem with the new format. I recently bought an Edward the Confessor (king from 1042 to 1066) British Penny that was a raw coin in their weekly foreign auction, and it was the same in person as it was in their photo.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    swhuckswhuck Posts: 546 ✭✭✭
    Just wanted to let you know that we're not done tweaking the enlarged view page. There should be some changes coming very soon that should make using the page much easier.

I'd be happy to hear any additional suggestions at stewarth@ha.com.
    Sincerely,

Stewart Huckaby
    mailto:stewarth@HA.com
    ------------------------------------------
    Heritage Auctions
    Heritage Auctions

2801 W. Airport Freeway

Dallas, Texas 75261

Phone: 1-800-US-COINS, x1355
    Heritage Auctions
  • Options
    CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't actually dislike the new site (or image viewing) as much as I did when it first came out.
    I couldn't initially get the image zoom to work, but now I use two finger sliding on my trackpad
    and it's pretty smooth.

One thing that seems much slower is searching the auction archives.
  • Options
    MarkMark Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stewart:

Here is one "feature" I wish you'd change. From the front page, I click on "Rare Coins," and a list drops down. I click on one item on the list, say, half cents. THEN I must click on the "Search" tab before I am taken to half cents. Why not take me immediately to half cents after I click the item I want from the drop-down list?

Thanks in advance if you make the change. Curses on you in advance if you do not make the change.

Mark

• Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then what happens when someone else want to search a couple of different things at once?

• Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Here is one "feature" I wish you'd change. From the front page, I click on "Rare Coins," and a list drops down. I click on one item on the list, say, half cents. THEN I must click on the "Search" tab before I am taken to half cents. Why not take me immediately to half cents after I click the item I want from the drop-down list? >>

I think the idea is you might then want to choose a specific category instead of the default "all". For coins it really doesn't matter.
    Lance.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file