Home Precious Metals
Options

Silver Eagles?

BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
Is the Mint out of them again? Capacity limits or blank shortage?

Several big vendors are on delayed shipment.

Comments

• Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    This time of year I would think 2016 are soon to be minted. I heard several dealers at the past 2 shows complaining of not being able to get any green monster boxes.
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options

<< <i>This time of year I would think 2016 are soon to be minted. I heard several dealers at the past 2 shows complaining of not being able to get any green monster boxes. >>

Makes one wonder if the APs are just sitting on them hoping for a big jump in spot. At $2 over, they are sitting in a pretty good spot. APMEX is at $4.30 over for 500 coins. They aren't very dealer friendly anymore.
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    This time of year I would think 2016 are soon to be minted. I heard several dealers at the past 2 shows complaining of not being able to get any green monster boxes. >>

Makes one wonder if the APs are just sitting on them hoping for a big jump in spot. At $2 over, they are sitting in a pretty good spot. APMEX is at $4.30 over for 500 coins. They aren't very dealer friendly anymore

Being able to get them and being able to pay a reasonable premium to get them is 2 different things. I see and hear of many available...at unrealistic premiums.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    I agree that the premiums are very high on the ASE's. I have some up for sale on the BST with a pretty nice premium on them and Im still lower than anyone out there by nearly $20 a roll. Crazy.
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MCM has a sale that ends tonight: 5 ASE's for $96.96 with free s&h..That's about the average price now...almost $5 over spot, but free s&h.

MCM on eBay
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

<< <i>This time of year I would think 2016 are soon to be minted. I heard several dealers at the past 2 shows complaining of not being able to get any green monster boxes. >>

Makes one wonder if the APs are just sitting on them hoping for a big jump in spot. At $2 over, they are sitting in a pretty good spot. APMEX is at $4.30 over for 500 coins. They aren't very dealer friendly anymore

Being able to get them and being able to pay a reasonable premium to get them is 2 different things. I see and hear of many available...at unrealistic premiums. >>

Do you have any idea of what kinds of premiums the various authorized purchasers are charging? Perhaps they are charging higher than normal premiums which in turn results in higher prices to subsequent buyers.
  • Options
    Oh didnt know. So I have been $20 but now just $10 better than any roll including the MCM sale.

Very annoying how high the premiums on ASE's have risen.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,298 ✭✭✭✭✭
    But, are you selling them at your prices? Guaranteed that the big sellers ARE selling them at their prices.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    Ive sold several but I have rec'd several offers much lower than I was comfortable selling. Those buyers had to go pay more at the big dealers or go without. You are correct though, I am not moving any "inventory" like the big boys are selling. Im ok with that though image

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,298 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then, that's all good. If it isn't a "fire sale" for you, and you don't have to sell, then selling some at your price is all good.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,209 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options

<< <i>Inside Look at Silver Shortage With CEO of US Mint's Silver Eagle Blank Provider >>

Interesting discussion. I wonder what % of the mint's ASE blanks are supplied by Sunshine.