Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Fast Regular Submission and two new Trueviews

BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,877 ✭✭✭✭✭
Dropped off at the ANA, grades back last night leveraging the new Secure trueview deal:

1842 10c down crossed from N58 to P55 as expected

1842 $1 down crossed from N53 to P50 as expected

Comments

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the look of those 2!
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yes, those two are mighty nice!
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    Wonder if there is a chance for a gold bean on either as both were CAC'd at their previous grade. I've only had that happen once.
  • Options
    mercurydimeguymercurydimeguy Posts: 4,625 ✭✭✭✭
    I went from every CAC coin crossing at grade to PCGS about a year ago, to not a single CAC coin crossing at grade, and later only getting a green bean...no gold. It's as if green on NGC means nice for NGC, and green on PCGS is nice for PCGS. On one coin I took about a $1.4k hit. Lesson learned.

PS. Learning this lesson, I stopped sending back in to CAC hoping for a gold bean, and on the last two coins I cracked out of their PCGS holder and resubmitted, both came back one grade level higher ... back to their previous NGC grades. At that point I sent them in to CAC with the NGC cert for restickering. So my advice, if you feel they are under graded send back to PCGS for regrading a couple times, hold on to the NGC cert, and when you are ready, send the PCGS coin in its final tomb to CAC with the NGC label and ask for restickering.

Edited: My avatar failed to cross at PCGS on first attempt at the assigned MS64 grade. I then sent to CAC as it was obviously a superb coin and it got a green stickered. Sent back to PCGS and on the second attempt it crossed to 64. It is in transit back to me, once I receive it I'll send it back to CAC for restickering. Essentially on CAC NGC coins its minimum 2-3 grading fees at PCGS plus shipping costs, insurance, etc., so becomes very expensive.
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Wonder if there is a chance for a gold bean on either as both were CAC'd at their previous grade. I've only had that happen once. >>

53 to 50, probably not. 58 to 55 should be a good chance.
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options
    For me there is no financial incentive to upgrade the coins again at PCGS. I would have just cracked them but it was too much effort at the show.

I agree with Ankur. Slim to no chance on the dollar as it is not a shot 55, better chance on the dime. Not expecting a gold bean but you never know.

I did get a gold bean down crossing this 1846 $5 Small Date from N58 CAC to P55 CAC but the quality of this coin is phenomenal and it is quite scarce at 6o or so estimated extant.

• Options
    MonsterCoinzMonsterCoinz Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, love the natural color on that dollar.
    www.MonsterCoinz.com | My Toned Showcase

Check out my iPhone app SlabReader!
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,789 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Wonder if there is a chance for a gold bean on either as both were CAC'd at their previous grade. I've only had that happen once. >>

Nice coins. I have never had that happen (though logically you think it should).
  • Options
    stevebensteveben Posts: 4,596 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>
    image >>

leave that one just like it is please! image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>
    image >>

leave that one just like it is please! image >>

No worries. Your name is affixed to the back in case I croke. It says trade straight up for Steven's 1859 $5.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

leave that one just like it is please! image >>

No worries. Your name is affixed to the back in case I croke. It says trade straight up for Steven's 1859 $5. >>

HA!

i guess that's the next best thing to having it in my collection...although i don't like the idea of you having to croak first before i get it! can't we work out a time share or something? image

nice seated coins, btw.
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why bother having them re-stickered as do you guys loose sleep unless JA still likes the coins image
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options

<< <i>Why bother having them re-stickered as do you guys loose sleep unless JA still likes the coins image >>

i don't...but if you go to sell, it helps having the sticker on there as most collectors take his opinion over mine.
  • Options
    AuroraBorealisAuroraBorealis Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    winkywinky Posts: 1,671
    Love seated coins.
  • Options
    CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Wonder if there is a chance for a gold bean on either as both were CAC'd at their previous grade. >>

If not, maybe you could crack them and resubmit to PCGS. They might come back at a lower grade,
    which would then theoretically increase the chances of a gold bean. Plus you'd be supporting the
    US Postal Service, PCGS, and CAC. Everybody wins!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file