Home Precious Metals

Help me recommend a PM supplier to a friend

Have been approached by a friend who's looking to put a portion of their portfolio into PMs.

I'm comfortable with schooling them on the pros & cons, risk, and various forms. They'll probably be looking at $10-$20k purchases, and will likely go with rolls of AGEs.

(Not looking to get into a discussion here about numismatics vs. bullion, slabbed vs raw, etc.).

Who are some reliable suppliers they should consider? APMEX? Gainesville? Others? They're in the greater Houston area, if that matters.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any local coin shops in your area?
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• StaircoinsStaircoins Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Any local coin shops in your area? >>

I'm in a different part of the country.

The only coin dealer I know of who's near them is one I wouldn't send my worst enemy to (Brett Bogus - search these forums if you're unfamiliar with him).

There may be others, but none I am comfortable recommending. Also, I believe they may want to make their purchases via mail for security reasons.
  • gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    PM sent for a suggestionimage
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a start.

compare gold prices
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    BST or APMEX. I would also recommend them to keep up with APMEX sales on ebay. They havent happened a lot recently but they could get a decent deal on some ASE's when it does eventually happen.
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • StaircoinsStaircoins Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭
    Thanks all!

• BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've used Apmex

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry