Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

The Hog Wild John Hannah Thread - scarce pre-rookie landed!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Haven't had any updates to this thread in a while. I have 5 Hannah items at PSA right now, but waiting on poppage. In the meantime, picked up this dime.

Pretty annoyed that I can't change the title of this thread. Keep getting an error message.
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice one! Isn't that Tippett's rookie year?
  • Options
    Yes it is. Got the Tippett RC in a 9. Guess I could pursue the team set, but not real motivated to do so.
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice. I love your player collection posts.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    wow..just found this thread...awesome dedication....really enjoyed reading the entire thread and your future posts.....

congrats on the playing deck find...all that work really paid off...keep going!
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options
    Really wish I could change the goddamn title of this goddamn thread. Great software update.

I got some great poppage lately on a small sub. Only 3 cards, but very happy with the grades. This was the only football card in the sub. My first ever self-subbed 10!! Also the first and only copy graded by PSA so far.

The other 2 cards in the sub were low pop Yaz items, posted in that thread.
  • Options
    Latest 2 additions to my Hannah registry:

The '76 was the earliest card I still needed for the basic set. PSA 9 is as good as it gets; there are no PSA 10's yet.

Always loved this set of "black beauties." One of the tricky things about the Patriots cards is that sometimes the red is more orange in hue. Really love the color of this one!
  • Options
    Some cards from a recent sub. Generally disappointed, as every card graded about a point or 2 lower than I expected. Still, I can live with all of them except the PSA 6 foil sticker. That one will definitely be upgraded in the future. Each sticker is the first copy ever graded of that sticker.

Pop 1, 3 higher

Pop 1, 4 higher

First copy ever graded

First copy ever graded

First copy ever graded, but a crappy grade.
  • Options
    Haven't updated this thread in a while. Honestly, given how dead CU has been. I wasn't planning to work on this thread anymore. But I'm very excited about today's arrival! 1977 Topps Mexican is a tough perforated issue, for those who don't know it. I like the fact that it's in Spanish. "Nueva Inglaterra."

imageimage

This is one of the 3 most important Hannah cards there are and there are none graded higher than this PSA 8. Given the significance, scarcity and grade, it becomes the cornerstone of my Hannah collection. In terms of registry points, it's the #1 card in my master set and will remain that way.

Here are some of the other ones I've added since my last update:

imageimage

That's the first copy ever graded of the police Hannah, and the only one so far.