Home Precious Metals
Options

Britannias on sale at JM Bullion for $2.49 over, FREE shipping, any quantity.

guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭
~17.15 each right now.
@ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.

Comments

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2.49 too much.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,421 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>2.49 too much. >>

What should they be charging?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are free to charge whatever they want. But that doesn't mean what they are worth.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I remember they had that great sale on the privy rolls last year for a nominal premium. I haven't had any bullion silver since I owned a few 100 oz. bars as a teen in the late 1980s, but I was going to dip in on a few rolls when they had that deal. But my mind just can't get over the fact that the stuff tarnishes too easily. Most of my world silver crowns (only have a handful) are all toning having been left in a drawer for a few years. I don't understand why there isn't a "bath" that mints can apply during the manufacturing process to keep the coins from tarnishing. >>

All silver will tarnish over time, if left unprotected....that's the nature of the beast...get used to it. You can always dip it to make the toning go away for a while.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>
    All silver will tarnish over time, if left unprotected....that's the nature of the beast...get used to it. You can always dip it to make the toning go away for a while. >>

Understood. This is by far the number one reason why I don't own any. But I still don't get why some chemist can't come up with a solution for this. Are we saying it's an unsolvable problem? I honestly don't know. >>

Clearcoat lacquer spray!
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>
    All silver will tarnish over time, if left unprotected....that's the nature of the beast...get used to it. You can always dip it to make the toning go away for a while. >>

Understood. This is by far the number one reason why I don't own any. But I still don't get why some chemist can't come up with a solution for this. Are we saying it's an unsolvable problem? I honestly don't know. >>

Clearcoat lacquer spray! >>

Or entombed in acrylic image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get smoe styrofoam peanuts, dissolve them in acetone, filter the acetone solution and spray it on the coins.
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, modern Brittanias, one side pretty, one side, not so much.

She's a two-face

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Ah, modern Brittanias, one side pretty, one side, not so much.

She's a two-face >>

If the queen were to be replaced with chuck it would not be an improvementimage
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Charles has been waiting, quite literally, his whole life to be King

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    its like anything else, ya gotta pay for shipping somewhere in there or somewhere along the line. just saying