Home Metal Detecting
Options

7/26/15 - 17 silvers and 6 Buffalo nickels

pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭✭
In the process of moving, but wanted to hit the ol' silver spot one last time. Now, doesn't mean I won't be back there, but it's a longer drive now and won't be able to go as frequently. The day started off really slow and I had wondered if I picked this place out pretty well. Wheat cents were popping out in areas I hit before, so there was hope. Barely any obvious signals here, but still a lot of targets if you listen and aren't afraid to dig. Guess this place is still producing! The sterling rings were about 2 feet apart and were consecutive signals. Quite the surprise. One is marked "10k Gold Filled & Sterling ESPO". The one round pendant has "Sea Air Land USA" which isn't anything I've seen before.

Wish I could go back this weekend, but it will have to wait. HH all!

Comments

• Options
    GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭✭
    More great stuff as usual....must be nice to have a site like this to play on.

What kind of site is this? An old dump site or what? Don't want you divulging location, just background info on the site itself.
    imageimage

• Options
    PRECIOUSMENTALPRECIOUSMENTAL Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree, general description of this site?
    An old Church-Religious school?
    You have done well, I enjoy reading your posts and seeing your finds.
    Oh, HH!
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You sure do find a lot of religious medals.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    More great scores! Are you moving closer to me? I could use the luck imageimage
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a fantastic site.... just keeps producing. I agree with the others, if you have some history (without divulging location) of this site, it would sure be interesting. I assume you found it through some research....Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure that where ever you move to the silver will follow you.image
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice score pcgs .
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭✭
    It's actually a beach area, and most of the finds have come in the low-tide areas. Surprisingly, it's not affiliated with any church, even though most of the pendants are religious. Surprising how many there are.

Finally got around to counting the change...

23 wheat cents and a '42 Canada cent (out of 35 cents)
    6 buffs and a 1939 nickel out of 15 nickels
    15 dimes total, 11 were silver
    5 clad quarters
    1 SBA

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beach area makes sense.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of pendants get lost at beaches.... people tend not to notice they are missing until later....Cheers, RickO