Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Lost in Mail/Stolen? Coin Alert! PCGS MS63 OGH 3cS 1862/1

ScarsdaleCoinScarsdaleCoin Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
Last month a coin went AWOL via USPS to Miami Florida from Westchester, NY

The package had a tracking number but it just disappeared from the postal system and was not received by the customer.

Please be on the lookout for a three cent silver in a OGH PCGS number 7311235

It is now considered to be either lost or stolen...

Value around $500

Thanks,

Jon
Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com

Comments

• Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel ya Jon - our business had a $200+ trackable package disappear in Houston on July 7. Looks like we may have to start shipping expensive coins in large boxes to make them so conspicuous as to make them hard to disappear "accidentally". image

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have found those small flat rate boxes hard to misplace myself for items of that value.

• Options
    Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Have found those small flat rate boxes hard to misplace myself for items of that value.

image >>

Yes and add signature confirmation. 7 bucks and I have not had one go missing yet.
  • Options
    Unfortunately, the one coindeuce mentioned above has Sig Confirm... It seems to help most of the time, but...
    If you don't ask, you won't know...
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image Good luck!
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure hope you find/recover it.image
  • Options
    morgandollar1878morgandollar1878 Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What was the last known location of the coin?
    Instagram: nomad_numismatics
  • Options
    AMRCAMRC Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please consider that the coins MAY have actually been delivered and that the postal employee just did not scan the item. I just lost a $2,500 shipment that way. The stickler was that the postal carrier reported that she very clearly remembers delivering the package and that she just forgot to scan it. But since this was a sophisticated eBay buyer, and he knew the game, he filed a claim a few weeks later and got away with a free AGE Proof set. And I had to file an insurance claim.
    MLAeBayNumismatics: "The greatest hobby in the world!"
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure hope you find the package..... gives a sick feeling in the stomach to read of these issues... even though the coins are not mine. Would hate to have it happen to one of mine. Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file