Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Questions

1, Has anyone received any ebay bucks offers lately? 3X, 4X, 5X etc. I haven't seen one in at least 2 weeks. They were coming frequently.

2. I assume it is not a good time to send in a sub. They will all be at the National next week and when they return they will have a ton of subs to deal with. Would it be best to send in the next few days or wait 2 or 3 weeks?

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They don't usually offer ebay bucks promos within 30 days of quarterly payout. You should see them resume in August.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭
    For number 1, I can't say for sure but this is my hunch...

You'll never/rarely see Bucks offers in the first 6 weeks if a Quarter, as all accrued Bucks from previous Quarter are now spendable. As Quarter hits midpoint you'll tend to see 2X or the raising multiple for higher priced items.

By end of Quarter, they start tossing out the 4X and 5X.

My thoughts are that the offers are governed by Analytics software and determined by how the Quarter is looking.

These are solely opinions though.
    52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that PayPal and EBAY are separate companies it will be interesting to see if there are any changes to these programs.
  • Options
    skrezyna23skrezyna23 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭
    Regarding the 2x, 3x, 4x bucks.. I know you acquire eBucks when purchasing items. But I have never received emails stating when a certain promotion (2x, 3x, etc) is starting. And you only get a month to use them? Or does it just so happen August starts a new quarter?
  • Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭
    Usually ebay bucks expire in about 2 days

Have not seen a 5X in a while
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭
    Jim (vintagefun) and Tim (grote15) are correct. The timing of these bonus promos usually increases to an occurrence of about once a week the last month of the quarter (so save up for September and December). Before then it is more sporafic. I would bet Aug sees the return of some promos and by Sep they are nearly weekly again. If you are an auction-style seller around these times I would try to end my items on a Tue or Wed as I feel those are by far the most frequent days that the promos are active. If you are a BIN seller I would list things on even numbers around the $50 increment levels (e.g. $50 instead of $49.95 or $100 vs. $99.95) as eBay often tiers their % tiers 2x, 3x, 4x, etc. around $50 increments.
    Steve
  • Options
    esquiresportsesquiresports Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Jim (vintagefun) and Tim (grote15) are correct. The timing of these bonus promos usually increases to an occurrence of about once a week the last month of the quarter (so save up for September and December). Before then it is more sporafic. I would bet Aug sees the return of some promos and by Sep they are nearly weekly again. If you are an auction-style seller around these times I would try to end my items on a Tue or Wed as I feel those are by far the most frequent days that the promos are active. If you are a BIN seller I would list things on even numbers around the $50 increment levels (e.g. $50 instead of $49.95 or $100 vs. $99.95) as eBay often tiers their % tiers 2x, 3x, 4x, etc. around $50 increments. >>

This is really good advice. I too have never seen eBay bucks enhancements cover Friday-Sunday, and I am not sure about Thursday.
    Always buying 1971 OPC Baseball packs.
  • Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭
    Slum - great advice to listers. I once had to contact a seller and ask him to raise his price by a penny so my bucks could kick in.
    52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options
    I dont know why, but I haven't got an eBay Bucks promotion in months (April-ish)... and yes, I've checked my spam, trash, and ebay messages. I used to get them all the time, but havent in the longest time. My ebay buying habits have not changed and I'd say I spend a healthy amount on their site so I'm not sure why I've been excluded from the promotions as of lately.
    Current T206 Needs: (Updated 9/11/17)

LaJoie Portrait 3+, Cy Young Bare Hand 3+

Ty Cobb Bat Off 4+, ANY Red & Green Portrait

• Options
    dberk12dberk12 Posts: 399 ✭✭

<< <i>I dont know why, but I haven't got an eBay Bucks promotion in months (April-ish)... and yes, I've checked my spam, trash, and ebay messages. I used to get them all the time, but havent in the longest time. My ebay buying habits have not changed and I'd say I spend a healthy amount on their site so I'm not sure why I've been excluded from the promotions as of lately. >>

eBay customer service told me that they have a random computer generated system to select who will get the promotions. I am not sure if this is random every quarter or once you are selected you consistently receive promotions. The representative told me they can't see who gets the promotions and didn't really offer any further explanation.

Baseball, it is said, is only a game. True. And the Grand Canyon is only a hole in Arizona.

-George F. Will
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bucks can also be pivotal in the world of consignments. I try to defer chopping block items until the last month of a quarter to increase my chances of catching a multiplier day when the clock strikes zero. I've been lucky a few times in the past and I'm here to tell you that there's absolutely nothing better than Brent's cult following on a 3, 4 or 5 times day.
  • Options
    DJJazzBassDJJazzBass Posts: 129 ✭✭✭
    Same here. I haven't received any since I started going crazy with card collecting again a few months ago. I used to get them all the time.

<< <i>I dont know why, but I haven't got an eBay Bucks promotion in months (April-ish)... and yes, I've checked my spam, trash, and ebay messages. I used to get them all the time, but havent in the longest time. My ebay buying habits have not changed and I'd say I spend a healthy amount on their site so I'm not sure why I've been excluded from the promotions as of lately. >>

Hey Moose! Rocco! Help the Judge find his checkbook, will ya!