Home Precious Metals
Options

Nasdaq New Highs, Gold at 5 Year Low

s4nys4ny Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭
Nasdaq at new all time high and gold at new 5 year low today.
What does it mean?

Any predictions where they will be in July 2020?

Comments

• Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Nasdaq at new all time high and gold at new 5 year low today.
    What does it mean?

Any predictions where they will be in July 2020? >>

You mean any wild guesses?
    No.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He means he wants to start a 5 year prediction thread so the topics of conversation can wander all over the world, up and down the political and socioeconomic spectrum, and along the news flow.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭
    Looking at the long term chart silver chart, the cup and handle formation says it's gonna be $50 silver in 5 years if silver holds strong where it's at right now.

Looking at the S&P and DOW charts, it looks top heavy and due for a correction.

Looking at the S&P chart the last 18 years, it looks like the Shemitah cycle is due. Sell now while it's up.

@ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>He means he wants to start a 5 year prediction thread so the topics of conversation can wander all over the world, up and down the political and socioeconomic spectrum, and along the news flow. >>

and eventually be revived by our resident archivist. image

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    Sometimes old threads are revived , to see who called 'em well, and who, well... not image

Understandably, some folks think that's great, and other folks, it kinda bothers.... probably depends on their track record

• Options
    An occasional look back keeps us all honest, lest there be a tendency to claim winning bets after the fact imageimage

One of the reasons for the ever-popular investment choice threads and "perpetual "the world hasn't ended yet" thread"

• Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Sometimes old threads are revived , to see who called 'em well, and who, well... not image

Understandably, some folks think that's great, and other folks, it kinda bothers.... probably depends on their track record >>

Yes, I happened to run into some of those predictions today by some our most illustrious fiat bugs. Those predictions weren't very good....and apparently didn't qualify for "resurrection." But, I brought them up anyways. image

Looking back on the old years....recency bias seems to make us forget all those things said from 2001-2011.
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no cup and handle pattern in the silver chart.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    so the topics of conversation can wander all over

Ok, here we are already drifting.. the OP was about the Nasdaq index versus gold, and here we are at silver chart (what kind of chart is it then, cohodk? Downtrend right at support line?)

and the epithet, "fiat bugs" is thrown out there, though I've never seen one of those around here on the PM forum, all of whom seem to believe in hard assets for a degree of their asset allocations

edit: though of course some degree of exposure puts the extreme gold bugs in hot water, and others out in the cold! image see what i did there image

• Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭

<< <i>There is no cup and handle pattern in the silver chart. >>

Check out this chart
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>There is no cup and handle pattern in the silver chart. >>

Check out this chart >>

Dreams, if they only were reality... Lol....add wishes and hopes and maybes and could be's....
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    hopsinhopsin Posts: 212
    Precious metals were great during the financial crisis and shortly thereafter...since then, they have been a nightmare for portfolios unless you were short.
    Positive BST transactions with Timbuk3, coindeuce, charlottedude.
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Sometimes old threads are revived , to see who called 'em well, and who, well... not image

Understandably, some folks think that's great, and other folks, it kinda bothers.... probably depends on their track record >>

Yes, I happened to run into some of those predictions today by some our most illustrious fiat bugs. Those predictions weren't very good....and apparently didn't qualify for "resurrection." But, I brought them up anyways. image

Looking back on the old years....recency bias seems to make us forget all those things said from 2001-2011. >>

revive-worthy...
  • Options

@s4ny said:
    Nasdaq at new all time high and gold at new 5 year low today.
    What does it mean?

Any predictions where they will be in July 2020?

In August 2018, the nasdaq index is higher, about 8000 now. Gold?
    Around $1200

• Options
    dennis1219dennis1219 Posts: 267 ✭✭✭
    edited August 28, 2018 4:39AM

I am long term Gold and silver. I have never paid over 18 for silver bullion or $1300 for gold. I have no idea what’s happening short term... but I believe ( with nothing to back it up) it will go to $40 silver/$1800 gold sometime in the next 10 years.
    I just purchased a silver Eagle monster box for $8400. For me... I hope my kids enjoy the fruits of my hobby.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting.... thread revivals of predictions et al, are fun..... keeps us all on track - and hopefully clear on the fact that no one has accurate foresight....Cheers, RickO