Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Sharing my cards

2»

Comments

• Options
    DM23HOFDM23HOF Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sam, great cards-- especially the Mantle. And rest assured it may very well be a 10. Many 9s could be 10s on another day, at another time, and certainly vice versa. The system certainly knows when it is minting a special, expensive 10, and it also knows that 9 might tempt many a man to spend again on review or re-subs. The system is cagey that way; the TPG system is, after all, both a business and a highly subjective, inexact "science" image
  • Options
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Curious on why you only subbed 3 cards? >>

I don't understand the question. What is curious about 3 cards? >>

Nothing just wondering why you didn't submit a Koufax , Banks, Rose, Aaron rookie or that 57 Clemente.
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    mbz430embz430e Posts: 237 ✭✭
    Sam,
    Great sub! Do not be disappointed with a 9 by todays PSA standards. Had you subbed that card a couple years back it could very well have landed in a 10 slab. I have seen many over graded cards and unfortunately with photo shop and all the other photo enhancement software I've been hung with a few myself. That is one sweet card and you can rest easy knowing it's a 9 all day long and not an unwarranted gift.
    Oh yeah and by the way I see many duplicates of the 53 Satchel Paige and I want you to know there's a home here for one if you get in the mood to flip one.

Great job and welcome aboard!
    JDRF saves lives, let not another child walk down the path of juvenile diabetes alone. Consider giving either time or money, it will come back to you. $15,800 and counting....
  • Options
    Welcome back Sean! Where did you find all these cards? Invest in baseball indeed!
  • Options
    belzbelz Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭
    Sean? The dealer Sean? Ok..you came across as a newbie...far from it.
    "Wots Uh The Deal" by Pink Floyd
  • Options
    Why would someone who is trying to establish themselves as a legitimate and respected dealer come on the boards under a false identity and pose as a newcomer?
  • Options
    mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
    Nice cards.