Home Precious Metals
Options

Former Attorney General goes back to work for his old firm

roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
The revolving door at Covington and Burling is giving Goldmen Sacks a run for its money

Yet another strong ally for the TBTJ Banks. Cash for "justice." It's all good. image

All in the family

Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold

Comments

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "My mommy told me to play nice on the internet."

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭
    Lol, just a routine day with more posts over baseball's head...

Pm's???? Gold? Silver? Who knows, who cares, I ain't doin any research...
    keceph `anah
  • Options

<< <i>This is not a political or banking forum. There are many in the world. Please find one. >>

But this is also an economic forum (precious metals and economic news/predictions). And the treatment of TBTF banks, derivatives, trading crimes, SEC/CFTC regulations, futures/options, etc. is all part of today's economy. In fact those things are integral to the operation of the "free" paper precious metals markets. Holder's law firm is sending one of their own into the SEC.

The thread that started it all....for those that can't seem to remember what this forum is all about.

It's a full time job doing research for Baseball. image

• Options
    MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,673 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You guys are too good to me...sniff...sniff. Brings a tear to my eye. Group hug everyone. >>

image It's nice to see some thick skin around here. image
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mickey Mantle was probably the greatest baseball player ever. I'll give the Yankees that much.image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Mickey Mantle was probably the greatest baseball player ever. I'll give the Yankees that much.image >>

image >>

As great as he was, imagine how much better he would have been had he not torn up his knee on an exposed drain pipe in the '51 World Series trying to get out of DiMaggio's way..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Mickey Mantle was probably the greatest baseball player ever. I'll give the Yankees that much.image >>

He was better at quarters...
    keceph `anah
  • Options

<< <i>

Ruth & Williams are light years ahead of the Mick. image >>

I'm totally with you there! Babe Ruth is the baseball god he is for a reason. He was the greatest of all time.

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ruth & Williams are light years ahead of the Mick. image

Ruth was a better pitcher and home run hitter (although not by much), and Williams may have been a more consistent hitter but Mantle had it all - hitting, fielding, running.

I stopped in Commerce, Oklahoma just to see his childhood home. It's a very small 4 or 5 room 1 story house, not really maintained. There's a garage with old tin siding and a plaque that talks about how his dad would come home and toss him pitches that he would hit with the garage as a backstop. A great remnant of Americana.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Johnny Unitas was da man.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Class is in session.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A truly unique mixture here.. finance, conspiracy, sports figures... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    92vette92vette Posts: 528 ✭✭✭
    Mantle was a wonder. Blistering speed, wonderful coordination, and the ability to hit the ball harder and further than even the roided-up behemoths of today. That last one truly is a head-scratcher.
  • Options
    I was sort of hoping that Holder would become an exec in Major League Baseball. That will have to wait.