Home U.S. Coin Forum

Found my 2nd 1936 D 3 1/2 Leg Buff Today

Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭✭✭
Is been a great year for me cherry picking. Here are the three Buffalos this year so far. Its a shame about the 2nd 36 having been shot in the hind leg though.
Still looking for the 18/7 and 16/16. There are still nice coins out there and hope to put a keep adding to my sets.

My first 1936 D 3 1/2 Leg Graded PCGS Fine 12

My First 1937 D 3 Leg. Found last week.

My 2nd 1936 3 1/2 Leg. Found Today.

Comments

• OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    Stories on how you found em?

Thanks for sharing with pics, congrats on the cool finds!
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first 36 D was found in an old album with just the common dates filled. I think Ive had it for a few years and was piecing it apart and just by chance looked at the Rev.

The 2nd two Im less proud of but still happy to have the coins. They came out of a bag lot from dealers which ones I dont know since I put them in the same bucket. The 36 with the damaged rev was part of a damaged/corroded lot.

On a side note. How are these images working out? Im using a new photo editor the size them down a bit before uploading. My monitor is a small TV for gaming so gauging the size is kind of tough.
  • BustHalfBrianBustHalfBrian Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭
    Those were some great 'picks there, and your pics (I mean photos) are also quite nice. The 3-leg looks nearly AU!
    Lurking and learning since 2010. Full-time professional numismatist.
  • nwcoastnwcoast Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet finds!!!
    Congratulations.
    The 37-d 3-legger is especially nice.
    I had to go to Heritage to get one!

Happy, humble, honored and proud recipient of the “You Suck” award 10/22/2014

• Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whats funny is I still cant find a 1995 DDO. Grandfather got me hooked on finding that coin, I refuse to buy one.
  • koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice 'pick! Congrats!
  • lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,885 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTG. Impressive finds!

And since you asked, I find the image size to be perfect. Sometimes I'm on a laptop, sometimes a 27" desktop, sometimes a tablet. The size you posted (around 500x500) is ideal for all. I dislike huge pics.
    Lance.
  • SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Way to go.
    You're an inspiration!
  • lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    huge congrats
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done, congrats!
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, nice scores, congratulations !!!
    Timbuk3
  • TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭
    That's 2 more than me image
  • DCWDCW Posts: 6,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great cherrypicks!
    Those 3 1/2 leggers are rare as hens teeth. But, I can't believe the 37d wasn't spotted by the dealers that sold you the nickels! Very popular, well known variety.
    Congrats

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great finds, and excellent pictures... Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file