Home U.S. Coin Forum

Numismatic Reference: “Common Areas of (Strike) Weakness on 1921 Peace Dollars” - Roger W. Burdette

StuartStuart Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 13, 2019 5:28PM in U.S. Coin Forum
I reincarnated this post of Roger Burdette's (RogerB) "Common Areas of Weakness on 1921 Peace Dollars" 2009 reference article, that he's granted permission for us to post on this forum for educational purposes.

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

"Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity"

Comments

• morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent reference, thanks for posting it Stuart.
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a good read.

Too bad RWB isn't allowed on these forums. It's a loss for this community still being felt today. image
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great information!

It's amazing to see what some people consider to be well-struck. Most of them that get posted are just a little above average.

As for RWB being here, it's not hard to imagine why things went south. His sense of humor does not always translate well into written form and is offensive at times. Despite that, his contributions ATS are always interesting and I appreciate the actual research that he does. His Peace dollar books are well-written.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great article, as are all of Roger's contributions. Thanks for posting... Cheers, RickO
  • Peace_dollar88Peace_dollar88 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice reference!

• CyndieChildressCyndieChildress Posts: 429 ✭✭✭

Good post, thanks!

• BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

Roger........great stuff! Thanks for posting it, Stuart.

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

This short article was prepared to aid collectors in evaluating 1921 Peace dollars.

(PS: If the reverse rays are traced to their origin, they don't meet at the same point, or even define a solar orb. They were evidently placed for visual appeal, only.)

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice reference.... I am looking for a 1921 Peace.... one that meets my aesthetics... I think I will go check the antique shops this week... sometimes there are 'treasures' to be found - though usually, overpriced. Cheers, RickO

• northcoinnorthcoin Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Peace_dollar88 said:
    Nice reference!

Thanks for reviving this old thread. Like others, I missed it the first time.

• LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,279 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is anyone able to repost the content in the OP??

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

I cannot.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file