Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Update NEWP. Going to the Athens Numismatic Museum tomorrow but in the meantime this happened

2»

Comments

• Options
    CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd stash away a few of the local coins. Apparently any Greek money is pretty rare these days. image

Congrats on getting married!
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,703 ✭✭✭✭✭
    congrats on the marriage. all the best image
  • Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats!

I laughed at your caption to the photo in the op.

Santorini should be great! and no demonstrating crowds (I hope!)
  • Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,767 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on the wedding. Well done, sir.
  • Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you guys get wet when the water cannons dispersed that crowd? Congrats. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall, coinsarefun, MichaelDixon

• Options
    1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭✭✭

Doing great. Happy anniversary and cool coin.

"May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • Options
    erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats on 5 years! Nice owl!!

• Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow! How time has flown by.
    Great looking Owl.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy Anniversary Mark and a great 'gift'... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    SmEagle1795SmEagle1795 Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats on your owl! That earlier style is far nicer than the usual common emissions. The Athens Numismatic Museum is an incredible place to visit even if you aren't interested in ancient coins.

Want to display both sides of an extremely rare coin when you only have one? No problem! Build a custom rotating holder which accommodates the die alignment:

And my obligatory white whale owl contribution: one of two gold diobols in private hands, minted from the gold of seven melted down statues of Nike which resided on the Akropolis to raise funds for Athens to build a navy in the Peloponnesian war against Sparta. (The Athens Museum has one of these on display as well)

Learn about our world's shared history told through the first millennium of coinage: Colosseo Collection
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 20, 2020 1:58PM

congrats... here's hoping that you both share in the finest that life has to offer. And cheer up there will be future Legend Auctions...

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 9,067 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, Five years already. Time flies when you're having fun. Congrats!!

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file