Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Starting over-Newps

When I sold my coin collection 5 years ago, it was with much regret.

Now I seek to start over and it is with much anticipation and eagerness.

The fellowship of the Forum was missed from the first to the last and I look forward to re-engaging.

300+ countries the first time, what to do now...

France and its colonies with special attention to the French kings eventually won out (no surprise).
But before I could get my first French King (got one coming from NEN thanks to the immortal LordM) I scratched my itch violently
and have been fondling the following large pieces:

The images show how rusty my coin photography is and eBay positively scares me to death.
It seems like everything in a slab is too much and everything with any age out of a slab would never slab.
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato

Comments

• Options
    skingspanskingspan Posts: 519 ✭✭
    Nice Start....Love the big silver.
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    I've always been a fan of the Hercules depiction. I have the "small A" variety in my OFEC set.

Welcome back to the boards! Not that I can offer much of a welcome, since I'm not nearly as active as in past years, but it's good to see you again image
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    ShadyDaveShadyDave Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love that Indo-China Franc! Beautiful details and nice album toning, those are one of my favorite world silver coins!
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back Laurent. I'm surprised by your willingness to start over. How do did you overall do when you sold your previous collection?

I too love the nice toning of the Indo-Chine piastre.
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    Welcome back Laurent. I'm surprised by your willingness to start over. How do did you overall do when you sold your previous collection?

I was very fortunate to achieve 10x on what I spent, largely due to about 15% of the collection achieving some eye-popping numbers.
    No certified coins (I still have a bias against plastic but it's lessening), just honest ungraded stuff.

Here's one I'd like to have back...
    1898 San Marino-had the full type set

The Piastre de Commerce is one of my favorites as well-thanks to clarkbar04 for selling it to me!

Great to talk to everyone!

By the way D, I'm watching events unfold in Greece with my heart in my mouth. I'm hoping that chaos will not reign.
  • Options
    nicholasz219nicholasz219 Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭
    Wow, a true Yeti returns! Welcome back, Laurentyvan, you were missed.
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    HussuloHussulo Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭
    Wow Laurent, a blast from the past! Welcome back nice to see you back on the boards and collecting again.
  • Options
    laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    You guys have no idea how welcome your good wishes are.image

I feel like I've recaptured a part of my life I thought was gone after spending years wrapped in a cocoon of illness.

I look forward to hearing from everybody after awhile and wallowing in the joy that coins bring me. I've missed the history
    of coins, the feel of coins, the art of engraving, the details and the wear on coins; most of all the fellowship of other coin collectors!

And if I act like a total newbie occasionally, please forgive me-I'm liable to get excited about almost anything numismatic at this stage.
  • Options
    PatARPatAR Posts: 347 ✭✭✭
    I've only been on these boards for a couple years, but I heartily welcome a fellow darksider back!

I also appreciate and share in your enthusiasm!