Home Precious Metals
Options

1916 silver revisited in gold in 2016.

MesquiteMesquite Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭
Great idea. I wonder if there will be a redo of the V nickel scam attempted with these. No doubt there will be.

2016 gold
There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.
–John Adams, 1826

Comments

• Options
    mhammermanmhammerman Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭
    Got to have some of those slq's. That coin would look stunning in 24K...say YUM. The merc. maybe not so much and same with the wlh, I like the silver ones.

Edited to add: Thanks for posting!
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neat idea. I like the slq best also but thats also my favorite design so I'm a little biased.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    2ltdjorn2ltdjorn Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭
    I would buy that set
    WTB... errors, New Orleans gold, and circulated 20th key date coins!
  • Options
    CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭
    The survey i filled out last was asking about these same coins if i was going to buy them if they are made in Platinum. But Gold is much better i would think.image
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The WLH will be in my pirate chest at the very least.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    message deleted.
  • Options
    trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Already planning for 2016 special gold issues when they still haven't released the 2015 high relief gold issue? image
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The WLH is awesome.... did not expect it to look that good in gold.... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    MesquiteMesquite Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The WLH is awesome.... did not expect it to look that good in gold.... Cheers, RickO >>

Kinda like a silver WLH that toned! You'll come around yet RickO! image
    There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.
    –John Adams, 1826
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that I'll like them.image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The WLH is awesome.... did not expect it to look that good in gold.... Cheers, RickO >>

I don't think any have been struck yet. The photos may be gold-tinted images of superior uncirculated specimens. Non-proof modern commems tend to have much less attractive luster than classic circulation strikes (or sometimes none at all).

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    The 2016 gold Walking Liberty half will contain 1/2 ounce of gold. The 2014 gold Kennedy half contained 3/4 ounce of gold. I assume that the diameter for both coins is the same. Was the Kennedy thicker than standard halves, or will the Walking Liberty be thinner?

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Kinda like a silver WLH that toned! You'll come around yet RickO! >>

I do not think so.. gold looks far different than tarnished silver..... and gold coins are my favorite...Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Has it been a century since we had a beautiful design on a circulating coin? Hardly something to celebrate

• Options

<< <i>Has it been a century since we had a beautiful design on a circulating coin? >>

Some of the state/ATB quarters have attractive designs, as do some of the Native American dollars.

• Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These in dcam would be awesome.

I may have to increase my CC limitsimage
    Have a nice day
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uh oh, they were talking about multiple finishes.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

<< <i>Uh oh, they were talking about multiple finishes. >>

It would be awesome if they could duplicate the high-luster finish created when these designs were struck for circulation!

• Options
    s4nys4ny Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭
    I like and plan to get some.
  • Options
    These coins look awesome!
    Suri
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Has it been a century since we had a beautiful design on a circulating coin? Hardly something to celebrate

image >>

Not quite that long; these designs were minted until 1945, 1930, and 1947, respectively, and circulated for decades after.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Has it been a century since we had a beautiful design on a circulating coin? Hardly something to celebrate

image >>

Not quite that long; these designs were minted until 1945, 1930, and 1947, respectively, and circulated for decades after. >>

Celebrating the last great designs from a century ago is also calling attention to the fact that its been a long dismal century of inoffensive bland and boring designs ever since.

Baley put in a word for us with your pal Hari Seldon tell him to start building his foundations . Tell him we needed them done about 50 years agoimage
  • Options
    topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CCAC ?????
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,444 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>CCAC ????? >>

Citizen Coins Advisory Committee

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.