Home Precious Metals

Remote Transactions Parity Act

derrybderryb Posts: 36,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
Ebay has provided a simple way for sellers to let their elected officials know that they strongly disagree with the proposed "Remote Transaction Parity Act," another attempt to require very cumbersome and expensive tax collecting by internet sellers. Even if you are not an ebay member you can use their link to send a strong message to your officials.

The big retailers will be supporting this legislation. It will put a nail in the coffin of much of their on-line competition. Lack of competition is a major factor in higher prices. Reason why not just on-line sellers but all consumers should use the link and fight this. Share it with everyone you know.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

Comments

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Ebay has provided a simple way for all to let their elected officials know that they strongly disagree with the proposed "Remote Transaction Parity Act," another attempt to require very cumbersome and expensive tax collecting by internet sellers. Even if you are not an ebay member you can use their link to send a strong message to your officials. >>

I can't imagine being a small mail order merchant and collecting sales taxes and remitting them to the various taxing authorities. Considering all the states, cities, counties, and other municipalities that have sales taxes, it must be a book keeping nightmare for the merchant.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I can't imagine being a small mail order merchant and collecting sales taxes and remitting them to the various taxing authorities. Considering all the states, cities, counties, and other municipalities that have sales taxes, it must be a book keeping nightmare for the merchant. >>

Per ebay there are "more than 9,600 tax jurisdictions, thereby subjecting small businesses to audits and enforcement by far-away state tax enforcement agencies."

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Letter sent. Though I don't know exactly where it went to. image
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • RyansRustRyansRust Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
    Wow. Never knew. Thanks.
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    letter sent..."Big brother is watching"
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."