Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Picked up some rolls...

Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
image




The Quarter's are 1964-P's Just under a half roll of Type "B"


image
image



Hoard the keys.

Comments

  • Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,492 ✭✭✭
    wow
    congrats on a sweet lil score
    those look every bit of gem quality too

    good chance at a "YOU SUCK" in the making right here at price guide quoting $700 in ms66
    most of those look lock at 66 or aboveimage

    update us after you work the magic with this sweet lot
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see


  • Options
    BustHalfBrianBustHalfBrian Posts: 4,200 ✭✭✭✭
    The 1964 quarter is a tough date to find with the Type B Reverse. I think it is second only to 1956. And your coins look very 'fresh' (by that I mean they have un-molested surfaces), as if they were bought from the bank yesterday. I haven't seen the obverses, but if they're anything like the reverses, I think you have some 66's in there.

    It's too bad they aren't 64-D with a Type C reverse. I'd guess a half-roll of those in gem BU would fetch $5000+.
  • Options
    CuKevinCuKevin Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭✭
    How can you tell from so far away that those are Type B's?

    What I know to look for is the wide separation of E and S and the arrow heads overlapping the leaf of the wreath. Is there something more obvious I am missing?
    Zircon Cases - Protect Your Vintage Slabs www.ZirconCases.com
    Former CoFounder of Choice Numismatics

    All of my collection is in a safe deposit box!
  • Options
    BustHalfBrianBustHalfBrian Posts: 4,200 ✭✭✭✭


    << <i>How can you tell from so far away that those are Type B's?

    What I know to look for is the wide separation of E and S and the arrow heads overlapping the leaf of the wreath. Is there something more obvious I am missing? >>



    A boldly-attached leaf to the A in DOLLAR. That's the key diagnostic.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Picked up 'some' rolls"????? The understatement of the day... image Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    CuKevinCuKevin Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭✭


    << <i>

    << <i>How can you tell from so far away that those are Type B's?

    What I know to look for is the wide separation of E and S and the arrow heads overlapping the leaf of the wreath. Is there something more obvious I am missing? >>



    A boldly-attached leaf to the A in DOLLAR. That's the key diagnostic. >>



    Thank you image
    Zircon Cases - Protect Your Vintage Slabs www.ZirconCases.com
    Former CoFounder of Choice Numismatics

    All of my collection is in a safe deposit box!
  • Options
    BodinBodin Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭
    what a SWEEEEEEET score! Was this a flea market dig? Police auction?
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>what a SWEEEEEEET score! Was this a flea market dig? Police auction? >>

    B/M


    Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 34,266 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice coin image
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 24,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file