Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1917 Doubled Die Obverse?

BroweBrowe Posts: 236 ✭✭✭
I came across this listing on eBay recently, and saw something interesting going on with this 1917 Buffalo Nickel. Below are the seller's pictures, as I'm waiting to receive this coin in the mail. Notice the second feather (the longest feather). There appears to be some separation towards the lower right portion. I looked at all of the resources that I have available, but couldn't find anything regarding this. I'd love your thoughts on this piece, and will add additional photos once I have the coin in hand. Thanks! Here's a link to the eBay auction.

image
image
image

Comments

  • Options
    CoinZipCoinZip Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭
    Its impossible for me to tell from those images...

    I do see PMD on the reverse.
  • Options
    BroweBrowe Posts: 236 ✭✭✭


    << <i>Its impossible for me to tell from those images...

    I do see PMD on the reverse. >>



    Yeah I should receive the coin early next week and will add some better photos. The PMD was stated in the listing as being from a coin counting wheel.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The same variant of the feather is obvious on the 1916 nickel as well (check pg 604 in Deluxe Redbook)... not doubling. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 34,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    domt see it here.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file