Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

FS: 1972-1977 Topps BB Unopened Boxes (all BBCE LOA) - Updated for Sales

Found some additional card collecting areas that I am interested in pursuing and I have some duplicate
1970s unopened material in my collection that I can spare to help follow those interests (sorry, not parting
with any more of the 1975 mini boxes at this time).

All of these are Topps Baseball boxes that have BBCE LOA. My source of box acquisition is also specified. None
of these are recent acquisitions, though I did have them re-authenticated by BBCE just after the new shrink wrap
was introduced. Front & rear pictures of each box are included below.

All prices are net after any fees (or PP Gift, personal check, certified check, etc.) and include insured shipping.

Thanks for looking.

Item 1) 1972 Topps BB Wax Box Series 5 (Ryan/Rose) & Series 6 (Hi Numbers/Garvey/Carew & Carew IA/"Traded")
Source: BBCE (only owner since coming onto the market)
$10,800

Put away at home in a controlled environment back in the day by a former Topps executive. Certainly amongst
the more desirable series for this year given the possible stars and low pop high numbers. Box is factory fresh
and does not exhibit typical "distribution wear" of being sent out to a retailer and then being passed along over
the past 4 decades. BBCE has sold 2 in the last 9 months at $12,000/box.

Item 2) TWO 1975 Topps BB Regular (not mini) Wax Box
Source: BBCE
$10,400 each or take the pair for $20,250 (take your pick of new wrap or old wrap)

Plenty of mini boxes still out there from the Conlon hoard, and regular cellos are also pretty common given the
Fritsch inventory. It's the 1975 regular issue wax that has been few and far between in recent years. REA just
sold a similar box in their 2015 auction for $11,400 (including the 20% BP)

Item 3) 1975 Topps BB Regular (not mini) Rack Box
$11,250

Also from the former Topps executive stash, including racks with stars & HOFers showing including regular issue, LL
or MVP cards of Garvey, Bench, Jackson, Rose, Brock, Carlton, Schmidt (and others).

Item 4) 1976 Topps BB Wax Box -- SOLD
Source: Huggins & Scott
$5,500

VERY clean 15-cent ("1976 Series" wrappers) box

Item 5) 1977 Topps BB Wax Box
$3,850

From the sealed case break run by BBCE in 2013 (and labeled FASC)

Item 6) 1974 Partial Rack Box (20 racks + display box) - Offered in either a single lot or group break-like format -- SOLD
$9450

Cancelling the break on this one since the only expression of interest during the first 24 hours was from
someone asking for the who box.

This box was another part of the Topps executive "find" and it contains 16 immaculate 1974 racks that
were spared the test of time when he put them away back in the day. Added to that were 4 "retail" racks
found by BBCE (they have price stickers affixed to them) for a total of 20. There are racks with stars/HOFers
showing. The display box is not in great shape (the cover has separated from the rest of the box, but its
still a pretty rare item and can be reserved separately at any time.

TextSOLD

Dave

Comments

• Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭
    Wow! Some serious unopened gold coming to market here. Good luck with the sales.
    Steve
  • Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭
    Holy Saliva Pool!

That's some big boy product there.

All the best with the sales.
    52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options
    moonlightgrahammoonlightgraham Posts: 330 ✭✭✭
    Good luck with the sale. This is quite impressive.

Paul
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That 75 rack box is mighty impressive! Good luck with the sales, David.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    70ToppsFanatic70ToppsFanatic Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Interested as to why the 75 rack box was sealed instead of getting each individual rack sealed ?

Also, PM me if 20,000 would work for the 72 box and the 75 rack box. >>

As to why sealed as a full box and not doing it as individual racks, I was putting together some rack box runs from 1973, 1974, 1975 (still going back and
    forth as to whether to add a 1974 rack box to this sale). Also, the scarcity of a full 1975 rack box versus individual 1975 racks several years ago was very
    significant. Now, although the 1975 racks have increased in scarcity I still think a full rack box is more rare.

Dave
  • Options
    jessherronjessherron Posts: 182 ✭✭
    Awesome Stuff!
    1981 Topps in Process
  • Options
    esquiresportsesquiresports Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭
    Love the 1977 FASC. Wish I could upgrade mine but am in a bit of a sell mode right now.

The 1976 is a special box. The 15 cent box is much more rare than the 10 cent version and contains 40% more cards than the 10 cent counterpart (10 cards per pack versus 7). If you think about wax stains, you actually get 50% more cards. This box should, in my opinion, carry a larger premium. It seems that most people are unaware of the differences between the boxes.

Good luck with the sales! Scott
    Always buying 1971 OPC Baseball packs.
  • Options
    TTT

Dave
  • Options
    TTT for reduced pricing and added box

Dave
  • Options
    DragnetDragnet Posts: 635 ✭✭✭
    Wow, no love for a potential '74 rack break? If we can gather enough support, I would most definitely be interested.