Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

US President and Spouse Coin sets

Mick65Mick65 Posts: 722 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know why these sets go so fast on-line? In past years, I would wait until the last one was issued and buy the entire set for the year, instead of paying $5 per card for shipping.

In the past two years they sell out within weeks.

I have been trying to get the complete set, but now I have to pay a premium in the secondary market for 2014-15 cards. I didn't think they were that popular. Wish they had them on subscription.

Just checking it anyone knows the story of the latter years, because I haven't seen anything.

Thanks-

Comments

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
    these come AFTER they go on sale
    general sign up

and the "remind me" for a specific product:
    kennedy set w/ remind me button
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Does anyone know why these sets go so fast on-line? In past years, I would wait until the last one was issued and buy the entire set for the year, instead of paying $5 per card for shipping.

In the past two years they sell out within weeks.

I have been trying to get the complete set, but now I have to pay a premium in the secondary market for 2014-15 cards. I didn't think they were that popular. Wish they had them on subscription.

Just checking it anyone knows the story of the latter years, because I haven't seen anything.

Thanks- >>

If I really wanted these and knew that a sellout was imminent, such as the past 2 years, I'd just pony up the $4.95 instead of dorking around with possibly not getting them.

As for "why"? I have no idea!
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    I collect the series. The mint made only 4500 of the 2014 spouse and presidential sets. I bought them early. I believe the Truman and Eisenhower were depleted at 2500. I did not buy them yet. They will probably make more. I think the Lincoln has a 17K mintage.

They will probably make 20K Kennedy. That one will be popular like the Jackie Gold Spouse with a proposed max mintage at 30K.
  • Options
    Mick65Mick65 Posts: 722 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I collect the series. The mint made only 4500 of the 2014 spouse and presidential sets. I bought them early. I believe the Truman and Eisenhower were depleted at 2500. I did not buy them yet. They will probably make more. I think the Lincoln has a 17K mintage.

They will probably make 20K Kennedy. That one will be popular like the Jackie Gold Spouse with a proposed max mintage at 30K. >>

Thanks for the info. I didn't think they were a big seller, they must have adjusted the supply to meet the demand to reduce their left over inventory. I guess had I known the quantity figures I would have been more tuned in to the release schedule.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can assure you that I did not contribute to the shortage/sellout...image Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file