Home Metal Detecting

found a frankie

got to dig at a house demo. the house was built in the late 1840's. my friend who got the permission got an 1827 large cent.

Comments

• pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭✭
    some nice big silver Demo! Seems like Franklins are pretty hard to come by. That's a pretty old house by any standards, but for the west coast, that sounds super old, no?
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow... big silver... very nice... Cheers, RickO
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thats wicked cool to find demo. ive found a few a few of the thru the years and its just as exciting finding the next one as it was the last. best wishes.
  • mr1931Smr1931S Posts: 5,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    big silver is always fun to find...I'm still hunting for my first silver dollar...

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.-Albert Einstein

• demodiggerdemodigger Posts: 1,012
    I've dug 3 morgan dollars. this was the 3rd, dug in 2013. it was from a friends permission. I gave it to my friend shortly after digging it.

<< <i>I've dug 3 morgan dollars. this was the 3rd, dug in 2013. it was from a friends permission. I gave it to my friend shortly after digging it.
    image >>

way cool image
  • pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭✭
    3 silver dollars! Many detectorists hope to only find one, including this guy.
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That eagle button looks Civil War era.

What's the bitten-off looking silver colored piece at the left?

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

<< <i>3 silver dollars! Many detectorists hope to only find one, including this guy. >>

20 years here of detecting and still none. the hunt still goes on though image
  • luckybucksluckybucks Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭
    Some very nice finds there !! Don't overlook the Lincolns, back in the day 1909S / S VDB, and 1914D's were merely pocket change.

Though copper doesn't fair too well in the ground, one of those better dates should still have significant value if the opportunity presents its self.
  • demodiggerdemodigger Posts: 1,012
    I've a few of the 1909 s cents and only one 1914d cent. in fact, I dug a 1914 s and d wheat cent in the same week. have never dug a 1914 cent ever again. living in California, I'd say 98% of my coins dug are "S" mints.

the chewie item is a dreaded presidents game token. I absolutely hate digging them.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every time I MD a cellar hole, stone wall or old house, I am hoping to find a Morgan Dollar... no luck so far. Cheers, RickO