Home Metal Detecting

May 18, 2015: 15 more silvers! Update, it's actually 17

pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭✭
May 19th: Going through the other change, found two more silver dimes - one merc and one Roosevelt! Makes the total 17.

Planned to relax yesterday and clean a bit as I just took a new job and needed to get some things in order. But that spot was calling my name and it wouldn't let up. What harm will another 7 hours of detecting do? You can always clean later! Got back out there and decided to concentrate on the "other" area of this place. This area's items are more difficult to find (deeper), but are generally in better shape than the other section.

Started out with a silver Roosevelt within 15 minutes. Then slowly but surely they kept coming. Some were good signals, others were merely blips that were investigated further. Check out how well the Buffalo nickels were preserved! This area is kind of the opposite on coins... nickels and clad are in great shape, but silver gets toasty. Ended the day at the other section, and right as I wanted to leave, BAM, another silver dime. Stuck around a few more minutes but had to go because it was getting dark. This place just keeps spitting out the silvers. This makes 57 silvers out of 5 trips from this place. The unfortunate thing is I will be at least temporarily relocating, so who knows when I can get back to this spot. Kind of stinks.

One of the religious pendants, probably copper, has the date of 1933 on it. So that's pretty neat being able to perfectly date a piece of jewelry.

Ended with:

3 Sterling finger rings - one has two stones in it (one fell out during cleaning, might try gluing it back), another is a simple band with a small design, and the other looks to be some sort of military with the top missing
1 Sterling toe ring
2 Silver Washingtons
9 Silver dimes

I don't think any of those religious pendants are silver. Two might be copper, one looks to be aluminum, and the other is a goldish color, so maybe it was some kind of plated brass?

HH all!

Comments

• Bayard1908Bayard1908 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭✭
    Those Buffalo nickels are nicer than any nickel I've ever seen dug out of the ground, excepting war nickels and recent drops.
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice scores, i specially like the silvers image
  • mvs7mvs7 Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice couple of days, pcgs69!
  • pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You may need to change your avatar to pcgs69-silver king image Those finds are just fantastic. If I detected 15 hours in two days my hamstrings would be totally dead and probably wouldn't be able to walk for a week. How are your knees doing?
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amazing silver quantities..... too bad you are relocating (for a good reason I hope)... unless the new territory has some great potential. Good luck, Cheers, RickO