Home Metal Detecting

5/12/15: Antique 10k Gold Signet ring! AND 9 SILVERS!

pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭✭
Today started pretty slow as I was testing which part of the area I should concentrate on. In the first section, I did get a silver quarter and the sterling catholic religious pendant. Decided to test another area and boy was it full of surprises! Since this was non-grass area I was a bit more adventurous going after signals. Some of these signals were the slightest blip one time, and that was it. Several times I took a few inches off and there the signal was! Toward the end of the hunt I was digging a signal. Honestly, I don't even remember if it was a squeaker, or a solid signal. After getting it out I could see it was a ring. Always wondered what gold would look like coming out...had a few heart stopper brass, but this color was much different. Turns out to be 4.7 grams of 10k gold. Looks vintage too. Not sure if I want to clean it up, or leave it as-found, with some tarnish (remember, 10k gold is less than 42% gold, the rest is other stuff).

Rounded out the day with 8 silver coins, a buffalo nickel, and a sterling pendant. The sterling pendant was like those cookie coins, so much of the silver is gone, unfortunately. The one large, misshapen coin is a merc, probably a railroad coin I'd assume. Can't wait to get back to this spot shortly.

HH all!

Comments