Home Precious Metals

Apmex order arrived today $25 postage due

georgiacop50georgiacop50 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭✭
It was supposedly "free shipping"

Is this an honest mistake or are they being tricksee?

I refused the package.

Comments

• VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they advertised free shipping it sounds like an honest mistake. Give them a call.
  • rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭
    1 new employee, 2 check your written check amount...
    keceph `anah
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    free shipping for all sales above $99....Sounds like some one scre_ed up. They mail out thousands on a daily basis. I would have accepted the parcel, take a photo of the postage due, contact APMEX requesting an explanation and refund and be done with it.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Weather11amWeather11am Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭
    I would have definitely accepted the package and would be shocked if APMEX did not make things right.
  • piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    I would have definitely accepted the package and would be shocked if APMEX did not make things right.

yeah, prolly by giving credit rather than cash back. They have more of the shiny stuff than the green stuff, hence why they have to give stuff away to keep the cash register ringing.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have the right of refusal. Good to see you exercising it.
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You have the right of refusal. Good to see you exercising it. >>

True....but what has he accomplished. Now he has to wait for the package to be returned to APMEX before they either refund his money or re mail the items. Another wasted waiting period.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • LowBudgetLowBudget Posts: 383 ✭✭
    free shipping for THEM......
    "I'm dropping my standards so that I can buy more"
  • georgiacop50georgiacop50 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭✭
    To their credit APMEX has apologized for the mistake and the inconvenience and says they are working with stamps.com to find the cause of the error.

I don't mind waiting. The stuff would just be sitting in a bank vault anyway...
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,977 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>You have the right of refusal. Good to see you exercising it. >>

True....but what has he accomplished. Now he has to wait for the package to be returned to APMEX before they either refund his money or re mail the items. Another wasted waiting period. >>

Twould have been wiser to ask the carrier to hold it for a day or 2 until the issue got resolved.