Home U.S. Coin Forum

I cannot believe how much this Barber sold for!

BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,841 ✭✭✭✭✭
I was watching this coin in a Spanish auction and bid what I thought was a sizable amount. To my surprise this coin sold for €6000+juice! 63/64 money...thought I might get a steal but I guess not. Looks VERY nice!

Comments

• amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't surprise me as 01-O's are tough. That looks like a gamble to me. Appears to have damage between the last 2 leaves on the upper side of the wreath. If that is what I think it is I doubt our hosts would grade it.
  • BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,841 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. My bid was limited based on the risk you cite.
  • rheddenrhedden Posts: 6,567 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I think someone overestimated its grade and/or value, and perhaps it was more than someone. I agree that the pock mark in the leaves might be damage; it also might be a little stain, but I'm not going to bid 6000 Euros to find out...
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beautiful coin if not for that spot you both cited.

<< <i>Yeah, I think someone overestimated its grade and/or value, and perhaps it was more than someone. I agree that the pock mark in the leaves might be damage; it also might be a little stain, but I'm not going to bid 6000 Euros to find out... >>

$7800 with juice
  • rheddenrhedden Posts: 6,567 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Double ouch.

• DeepCoinDeepCoin Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭
    That is high 64 money, I wonder what it would grade by our hosts
    Retired United States Mint guy, now working on an Everyman Type Set.
  • Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

Spanish or not, I wonder why that is not in a holder. Second, spending 64+ money on a raw expensive no luster coin is foolish. (It might even be AU if not damaged or other problems under that toning.)
  • vplitevplite Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Spanish or not, I wonder why that is not in a holder. Second, spending 64+ money on a raw expensive no luster coin is foolish. (It might even be AU if not damaged or other problems under that toning.) >>

Good points.
    The Golden Rule: Those with the gold make the rules.
  • CoinRaritiesOnlineCoinRaritiesOnline Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭✭
    Did you see it in hand?

<< <i>Did you see it in hand? >>

I did not.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file