Home Precious Metals
Options

Classic

rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭
Iiterally just stepped out of my bank, Chase, or maybe I was thrown out...
Banked at this location for over 20 years, they would not allow me to make a cash deposit into my account, cause I had no ID....

A sign of Armageddon ???!!!...
keceph `anah

Comments

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    banks no longer want money, only fees.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    Never heard of such a thing... Over 10K ?
    Support your local Coin Shop
    LM-ANA3242-CSNS308-MSNS226-ICTA
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,415 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Iiterally just stepped out of my bank, Chase, or maybe I was thrown out...
    Banked at this location for over 20 years, they would not allow me to make a cash deposit into my account, cause I had no ID....

A sign of Armageddon ???!!!... >>

They just wanted to be sure you weren't putting cash into someone else's account without their knowledge and permission. Banks can't be too careful these days.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    Same thing here at my Chase. They say it's a way for them to track drug money. I looked at the teller as high as I possibly could fake and said "that's a bummer dude".
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Same thing here at my Chase. They say it's a way for them to track drug money. I looked at the teller as high as I possibly could fake and said "that's a bummer dude". >>

imageimage
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>A sign of Armageddon ???!!!... >>

Yes.

And you should go set a liquor store on fire.

Mark
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>A sign of Armageddon ???!!!... >>

Yes.

And you should go set a liquor store on fire.

Mark >>

ROFL!!!

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options

<< <i>Iiterally just stepped out of my bank, Chase, or maybe I was thrown out...

SO why dont you have ID? Are you trying to hide from yourself?

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    my former credit union started doing that and it was told me it for my own protection. i told the teller that i was banking here for 27 years and now you dont know who i am? i no longer bank there
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they dont know you the proper way to handle it is "Sure you can make a deposit but without proper ID we cant give you a receipt"

What I find weird is you say you have done bussiness at this location for over 20 years and NOBODY knew you? image
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

SO why dont you have ID? Are you trying to hide from yourself? >>

LMAO.. it's the "principle" of the thing image

Folks do it to themselves. Another case in point has just posted. They were ok for 27 YEARS and now, not ok? Where you gonna find a bank that doesn't want to see ID?

One gets the impression that these folks don't travel much, don't go to bars/clubs, don't do any business that requires ID?

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

SO why dont you have ID? Are you trying to hide from yourself? >>

LMAO.. it's the "principle" of the thing image

Folks do it to themselves. Another case in point has just posted. They were ok for 27 YEARS and now, not ok? Where you gonna find a bank that doesn't want to see ID?

One gets the impression that these folks don't travel much, don't go to bars/clubs, don't do any business that requires ID? >>

He wasn't cashing a check or making a cash withdrawal where asking for an ID makes sense. He was making a cash deposit where there is no chance of fraud.

• Options
    At most airports and many bars they card "everyone" even really old people who have ZERO chance of being under 21.

They do it because it avoids charges of discrimination, profiling, favoritism, etc etc, which someone will surely complain about if they don't card everyone.

Sometimes, ya just can't win, someone will always complain.

Is it really that HARD to show ID? really?

• Options

<< <i>At most airports and many bars they card "everyone" even really old people who have ZERO chance of being under 21.

They do it because it avoids charges of discrimination, profiling, favoritism, etc etc, which someone will surely complain about if they don't card everyone.

Sometimes, ya just can't win, someone will always complain.

Is it really that HARD to show ID? really? >>

Of course not. That's why requiring an ID to vote is a no-brainer.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Its ok bro , switch over to HSBC . No ID required there , they literally have money laundering window.

• Options
    He wasn't cashing a check or making a cash withdrawal where asking for an ID makes sense. He was making a cash deposit where there is no chance of fraud

Like I said, that's their way of tracking money. Money that can be coming from a possible questionable source. Large deposits will be questioned at some point based on what your income is, and they know what you income is, don't kid yourself.
  • Options
    He was making a cash deposit where there is no chance of fraud

Really? No chance? Like his buddy couldnt give him cash to run thru his account from stolen merchandise or illicit activities? Like his employer couldnt give him cash to avoid payroll taxes and maybe to allow him to keep unemployment checks?

No chance of fraud, eh?

• Options

<< <i> He was making a cash deposit where there is no chance of fraud

Really? No chance? Like his buddy couldnt give him cash to run thru his account from stolen merchandise or illicit activities? Like his employer couldnt give him cash to avoid payroll taxes and maybe to allow him to keep unemployment checks?

No chance of fraud, eh? >>

Its none of a banks business . The big banks gleefully launder every cent of illegal drug money generated in the world. Now suddenly they have acquired morals?

As if image

But seriously folks For a look at some things bankerzzzzz are crying about Bank lawyer's blog
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I don't understand...no ID? Did you walk there or drove your car? On the other hand, if you "peddled" your ars to that branch, it's not a good idea to leave your premises w/o any sort of I.D. for various reasons. It's not a sign of Armageddon, but for the numerous reasons already given.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you quit being stupid, then the banks would not have such rules....

bobimage

I suggest your post is in jest, right?
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many times I have been ask for an ID when making deposits at my local bank. I figured it was because they looked at me and thought, "No way this character has that much money in his account!"

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I find weird is you say you have done bussiness at this location for over 20 years and NOBODY knew you?image

I've done business at the same branch location now for 15 years, and I've gone through about 3 or 4 total personnel rotations. The entire group that was there today has only been there for less than 4 months.

I should be the one asking for I.D.s from them.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

They never ask me for ID at any banks. I usually get " Go away we don't have any half dollars"

• Options
    No issues at my bank either way. Sometimes a new person will ask for ID if I make a withdrawal so that they know the right person is getting the money.
  • Options
    <<He was making a cash deposit where there is no chance of fraud>>

Really? No chance?

Hmmm. The note I'm looking at says, "This note is legal tender for all debts public and private". In other words, it's a bearer note - whoever has possession of it, owns it. Technically, a deposit at a bank isn't really payment of a debt, so technically I suppose they could "legally" refuse a cash deposit.

But let's talk about fraud. We have welfare fraud and disability fraud. We have voting fraud and financial fraud. We have military spending fraud and insurance fraud (now being run by the government). When was the last time we heard anything about a big government initiative to eliminate any other type of fraud? If anybody wanted to truly eliminate fraud, it wouldn't be that tough, but it sure would step on a lot of toes.

Maybe the cops and courts should do their jobs, and leave the banks out of it. Maybe "fraud" should be investigated if there's ***probable cause*** and they should leave the rest of us alone. It's not the banks' job to spy on and regulate what their customers do with their own money. I can scarcely count the number of ways that our society is becoming more and more screwed up.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    On some sites [bullionstacker comes to mind] some folks would prefer you pay by making a deposit into their account. Kind of hard to deposit cash if the banks refuse. Is there an acceptable way to negotiate a check in that case?
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,200 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>On some sites [bullionstacker comes to mind] some folks would prefer you pay by making a deposit into their account. Kind of hard to deposit cash if the banks refuse. Is there an acceptable way to negotiate a check in that case? >>

Deposit into someone else's account can be done in ways other than cash.

I welcome anyone to make me prove I'm me when it comes to accessing any of my financial accounts.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

Should of "deposited" it in your SDBimage
    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    I went to a different branch than usual to make a business deposit of just over a thousand in cash and was asked for ID for the first time. Then the next week at a completely different bank made another business deposit of $3,750 in cash and got ready to get out my ID and they said not needed. I told them of the other incident and they seemed to think it was odd. I guess it varies bank by bank now but will probably be standard procedure at all before long.
    Witty sig line currently under construction. Thank you for your patience.
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jmski52:

And OP, perhaps it time to try a new bank!
    I've deposited cash into my brother's account without even having his account number, no problems at all. They wouldn't, however, show his balance on the receipt.
    But at least they let me do it. He even lives in another state!
    I think Chase sucks, plain and simple. image
  • Options
    biosolarbiosolar Posts: 164 ✭✭
    I happen to agree it's time to find anew bank or credit union.
  • Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are several very short books in the English language. One of them is: The Complete List of Members in the Chase Fan Club. Yet they are the largest bank in the USA.

Go figure.

Have a nice day
  • Options
    Yeah those security measures like showing ID are really intrusive and inconvenient. You know what else I hate about banks? The locks on the doors at night, the metal detectors on the door during the day, the security cameras, the big vault door to the SDB room, the armed response if there's trouble, etc etc.

Looking for a bank with no barriers to entry at all, that lets folks come and go, asks no questions.

Ideally a big bag of money in the middle of a vacant lot with no one around, just put your cash there, take it later when you need it.

• Options
    Ideally a big bag of money in the middle of a vacant lot with no one around, just put your cash there, take it later when you need it.

You must be thinking of the money we left in Iraq just before 9-11.

We've moved from "innocent until proven guilty" to "guilty until proven innocent" with this move to outlaw cash transactions. And the instigators are by no means lily-white. Do you really believe that once they can track every transaction you ever make, that the next step isn't some type of means testing or a much steeper regressive tax schedule, in order to "re-distribute the wealth"?

How do you really feel about working so hard to achieve security for you and your family, only to have chunks of it taken away and given to people who the government decides should have free stuff, as long as they follow the program?

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭
    Jmski, it's all about them giving everyone else's money away...
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    Bailey reminds me of my secratary.

She needs to feel safe and secure at all times and would willing plant a chip in her body if that would guarantee her that outcome. Every time she sees me with large folding money in my pocket she comments, "aren't you afraid of being robbed?"

No sweetheart, not in least.
    Have a nice day
  • Options
    She needs to feel safe and secure at all times and would willing plant a chip in her body if that would guarantee her that outcome

She may get that chance in the near future. Go ahead and laugh, but I feel something like that will be the mark of the beast. My other theory along those lines are credit cards will be the mark. You wont be able to do (buy anything, go anywhere, etc.) anything without the chip and a credit card, think about how close we already are to this. The cell phone is the chip and the credit card is the number/mark. I hope people are taking note of things like this in relation to Revelations.
    Sorry I went there on a metals forum, but it's what I feel is being led up to.
  • Options
    Every time she sees me with large folding money in my pocket she comments, "aren't you afraid of being robbed?"

That's what she says. What's she's thinking is: "Why does he keep flashing that wad of cash at me? He must have a really small something."

• Options
    jmski52 & piecesofme

• Options
    CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Every time she sees me with large folding money in my pocket she comments, "aren't you afraid of being robbed?"

That's what she says. What's she's thinking is: "Why does he keep flashing that wad of cash at me? He must have a really small something." >>

Let me ask a hypothetical question. Who would the ladies go with? The old guy with a thick wad of cash or the young guy with a big hole in his pocket? image
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • Options

Some will always be willing to bargain your freedom for their security .
  • Options
  • Options

<< <i>Bailey reminds me of my secratary.

She needs to feel safe and secure at all times and would willing plant a chip in her body if that would guarantee her that outcome. Every time she sees me with large folding money in my pocket she comments, "aren't you afraid of being robbed?"

No sweetheart, not in least. >>

Bingo!

• Options
    Baleyboy,

I'm not whimpering about that department but obviously you haven't learned about the golden rule.

Money & Power trumps all.
    Have a nice day
  • Options

<< <i>Some will always be willing to bargain your freedom for their security . >>

Ain't that the truth and they like to point out that if you have nothing to hide then why are you worried about it.

When they came for the Jews I said nothing. Then they came for the blacks and again I said nothing. Then they came for me and there was no one left to say anything.
    Have a nice day
  • Options
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

- Benjamin Franklin -

• Options
    There are multiple meanings for the word "projection" when applied to some of these comments. Just sayin'.image

I knew it would happen.