Home Metal Detecting
Options

Got out again.....went north this time....

AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
To Rhyolite, Nevada. With the intentions of searching around the town. But, alas, the town is now a Historic
District and off limits to detectorists.... Last I was there it was not posted or part of any District...But, I'm glad
they are preserving what is left. Never got the detector out of the trunk.
bobimage

Rhyolite, Nevada, 1906-1909 or thereabouts. Gold mined out of this district exceeds 700,000 ounces.

Found this old (preserved) bottle house. Minors used anything to make their homes.
imageimage

Here's the old bank building (and offices)
Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com

Comments

• Options
    zippcityzippcity Posts: 888 ✭✭✭✭
    cool pics
    Save our Country. Positive BST: Collectorcoins- Mariner020648- profharoldhill- coppertoning- agentjim007- cucamongacoin- ElKevo- mercurydimeguy- Utahcoin-AJAAN-AUandAG- surfinxhi- ZoidMeister- TwoSides2acoin-
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, cool pix, indeed, and I've always liked those old "bottle walls".

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    PRECIOUSMENTALPRECIOUSMENTAL Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, never saw a 'bottle' house.
    How thick is the outside wall, what I mean is light transferred via the bottle into the house?
    If so, that would look really neat inside!
  • Options
    PRECIOUSMENTALPRECIOUSMENTAL Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
    Also, an interesting way to re-use and recycle, definitely would lower construction costs.
    Now I know what to do with the corner of my lot, Grandkids and I could build one on a small scale, Thanks!
    (They have been wanting a small cabin, just was not sure what to build.)
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,261 ✭✭✭✭
    what a beautiful area. It's too bad that it can't be detected. There must be some sweet gold hiding out in that town
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow...nice old town.... when I lived in AZ we used to go out in the desert searching for old miners shacks and small, abandoned settlements... found some. A buddy found a 1 ounce nugget in an old fireplace and another found an old rifle, still packed in oil paper, hidden under floor boards of an old shack. Cool stuff... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,512 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>cool pics >>

yes very cool. and relaxing as well image
  • Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    Neat pics! Never have seen a bottle house before.