Home Precious Metals

Apmex 2015 SAE rolls $2.10 over spot

Going for $362.20 right now on Ebay.

Comments

• nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761
    It is out of stock now at Apmex.
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • Just checked, still selling until tomorrow.
    When I try to buy it, the system tells me it is out of stock.
  • That is strange. They are now at $361.80 and still selling.
    It may be due to the fact that I have purchased from the same listing in the past and have reached the max.
    I tried with my wife's account and worked, thanks for the heads up!
  • Very good and you're welcome.
  • mikliamiklia Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭
    Thanks! got suckered in to spend some ebay bucks.

That is an impressively low post count btw, less than 2 per year! 25 is the new 25,000.
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks! got suckered in to spend some ebay bucks.

That is an impressively low post count btw, less than 2 per year! 25 is the new 25,000. >>

And 4 posts were in this thread! Down right Chattyimage

Mark
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0 available / 14,325 sold
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • "Down right Chatty" Down right Funny
  • mikliamiklia Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭
    See you in 2017! image
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this price I'm assuming these have been picked over to remove those coins that are worthy of submission to the grading services or these are secondary market coins that have been picked over by others. If you don't care because "I'm just buying silver", why not consider other silver bullion options where the premium over melt is much lower. I just bought twenty 5 oz Sunshine Minting silver bars (new production, sealed in plastic, special anti-counterfeiting feature) for 89 cents over melt per ounce which seems to me to be a better deal than picked over ASE's for $2.10 over melt. Of course, YMMV.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>At this price I'm assuming these have been picked over to remove those coins that are worthy of submission to the grading services or these are secondary market coins that have been picked over by others. If you don't care because "I'm just buying silver", why not consider other silver bullion options where the premium over melt is much lower. I just bought twenty 5 oz Sunshine Minting silver bars (new production, sealed in plastic, special anti-counterfeiting feature) for 89 cents over melt per ounce which seems to me to be a better deal than picked over ASE's for $2.10 over melt. Of course, YMMV. >>

Unlikely....not cost effective to look over 280,000+ coins to see which are worthwhile submitting. That's my take. Not enough profit for the 69 or 70's to warrant that type of labor expense.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>At this price I'm assuming these have been picked over to remove those coins that are worthy of submission to the grading services or these are secondary market coins that have been picked over by others. If you don't care because "I'm just buying silver", why not consider other silver bullion options where the premium over melt is much lower. I just bought twenty 5 oz Sunshine Minting silver bars (new production, sealed in plastic, special anti-counterfeiting feature) for 89 cents over melt per ounce which seems to me to be a better deal than picked over ASE's for $2.10 over melt. Of course, YMMV. >>

Unlikely....not cost effective to look over 280,000+ coins to see which are worthwhile submitting. That's my take. Not enough profit for the 69 or 70's to warrant that type of labor expense. >>

So, where do all the slabbed 69's and 70's come from if it's not cost effective?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Unlikely....not cost effective to look over 280,000+ coins to see which are worthwhile submitting. That's my take. Not enough profit for the 69 or 70's to warrant that type of labor expense. >>

So, where do all the slabbed 69's and 70's come from if it's not cost effective? >>

Buyers of slabbed ASE's have to do some serious mental gymnastics to arrive at a situation where they come out ahead of just buying a larger number of raw examples. APMEX probably deems these folks too unstable or few and far between to be a large percentage of their customers.

<< <i>

<< <i>

So, where do all the slabbed 69's and 70's come from if it's not cost effective? >>

I think the big guys send monster boxes directly to PCGS/NGC and then discard the ones with grades lower than 69. (which I feel are not many)
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    After a certain point, the market has enough of them and prices are down.
    So, seeing as to how these have been out for 3-4 months, and the best selling of slabbed versions is early on, unless they ran out because yields were low, they likely don't want to take the added expense of sending/slabbing/selling and find that the margins of swiftly getting and selling is just fine.
    No headaches that way.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,977 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

PM sent