Home Precious Metals

Weekend APMEX gold & silver deals on eBay at slightly over spot

OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."

Comments

• Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got the email. I'll have to see if anyone will match that this weekend at a coin show.
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great deal on ASE's. I picked up a couple rolls.image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ASE's sold out... (You snooze, you loose)

PAMP bars still available
    ASE rolls back up for sale....@ $376.80 ...APMEX located a few more.image
  • nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761

<< <i>ASE rolls back up for sale....@ $376.80 ...APMEX located a few more.image >>

Thanks! I put at good use my eBay bucks!
    I also bought some tenth AGEs from MCM.
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009

<< <i>

<< <i>ASE rolls back up for sale....@ $376.80 ...APMEX located a few more.image >>

Thanks! I put at good use my eBay bucks!
    I also bought some tenth AGEs from MCM. >>

Thanks for the "head-up" re MCM's @ $134.95 per coin....less per coin than their multiple coin offer for the same coin

MCM on eBay 2015 1/10 $5 AGE
  • OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    thanks for the links
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
    Just picked up a roll, after eBay gift cards my cost is $364.80

I had two gift cards in the mail and one from e-mail.

EBAY GC--Value $50.00--Paid--$45.00--10%
    EBAY GC--Value $25.00--Paid--$23.00--8%
    Ebay GC--Value $100.00--Paid--$95.00--5%

Total: Value $175.00--Paid $163.00 --7% discount on the $175. I put the remaining 201.80 on my cc with 1% rewards (Every little bit counts right?).

Once again....ASE rolls.........."This item is out of stock"
    PCGS site still experiencing issues....double post
  • seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    thx for the heads up...greatly appreciated
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image

<< <i>Just picked up a roll, after eBay gift cards my cost is $364.80

Total: Value $175.00--Paid $163.00 --7% discount on the $175. I put the remaining 201.80 on my cc with 1% rewards (Every little bit counts right?). >>

You left out one step....go through ebates.com or mrrebates.com for another 1% refund. mrrebates.com does have a restriction: Bullion, eBay Motors (excluding parts and accessories), Real Estate, eBay branded gift cards, Heavy Equipment within the Business & Industrial category are NOT ELIGIBLE.
    ebates.com will give a 1% cash back from the coin & currency category.... not sure about the bullion category though. ( I suspect that they no longer do)

eBay eligible categories for 1% cash back on ebates.com

<< <i>thx for the heads up...greatly appreciated >>

Sounds like it may be too late to order. APMEX, MCM, and others have periodic specials on eBay for ASE rolls and other bullion items.

• BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,977 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Just picked up a roll, after eBay gift cards my cost is $364.80

Total: Value $175.00--Paid $163.00 --7% discount on the $175. I put the remaining 201.80 on my cc with 1% rewards (Every little bit counts right?). >>

You left out one step....go through ebates.com or mrrebates.com for another 1% refund. mrrebates.com does have a restriction: Bullion, eBay Motors (excluding parts and accessories), Real Estate, eBay branded gift cards, Heavy Equipment within the Business & Industrial category are NOT ELIGIBLE.
    ebates.com will give a 1% cash back from the coin & currency category.... not sure about the bullion category though. ( I suspect that they no longer do)

eBay eligible categories for 1% cash back on ebates.com >>

MrRebates does in fact give 1% on bullion purchases from eBay. Cost me losses on a couple ounces of gold to find that out.
  • piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    Threads like this and the excitement within them amaze me. To use eBay bucks and mr rebate and all that stuff...when you can just buy the stuff thru here for roughly the same price. Is it when APMEX says free shipping is what the attraction is? I say free shipping too, and like Apmex, I have that factored in. It's NOT free shipping, it's factoring in the cost of shipping into the price, but something about those 2 words that makes people think they're getting a deal when it's semantics.

I'm by no means saying I could supply they the volume they do, just laughing how people are standing in line falling over themselves to buy at these places thinking they're getting great deals.

I don't have to have "sales" though like they do to raise cash, because that's all their doing. It's their way of keeping the money flow going, which can be a very dangerous thing if not done diligently.

Of course, one key component of it all, those sites allow you to use a credit card to pay, unlike here where you have to have cash, in most cases. Buying bullion on credit...something I will absolutely never do. To each his own.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.

<< <i>Threads like this and the excitement within them amaze me. To use eBay bucks and mr rebate and all that stuff...when you can just buy the stuff thru here for roughly the same price. Is it when APMEX says free shipping is what the attraction is? I say free shipping too, and like Apmex, I have that factored in. It's NOT free shipping, it's factoring in the cost of shipping into the price, but something about those 2 words that makes people think they're getting a deal when it's semantics.

I'm by no means saying I could supply they the volume they do, just laughing how people are standing in line falling over themselves to buy at these places thinking they're getting great deals.

I don't have to have "sales" though like they do to raise cash, because that's all their doing. It's their way of keeping the money flow going, which can be a very dangerous thing if not done diligently.

Of course, one key component of it all, those sites allow you to use a credit card to pay, unlike here where you have to have cash, in most cases. Buying bullion on credit...something I will absolutely never do. To each his own. >>

How many ASE's have you sold? Or how many AGE's for that matter? If so, what is your mark-up? I have not seen a BST offering and most certainly not by yourself, that will beat their weekly sales price along with the convenience of cc payments, free s&h and with the piece of mind, PayPal buyer protection. In addition, you are dealing with established, well known entities, and not some unknown public forum member. A credit card, that offers cash back on all purchases, if utilized properly and paid in full when billed, is the intelligent method of paying. To each his own
  • dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Threads like this and the excitement within them amaze me. To use eBay bucks and mr rebate and all that stuff...when you can just buy the stuff thru here for roughly the same price. Is it when APMEX says free shipping is what the attraction is? I say free shipping too, and like Apmex, I have that factored in. It's NOT free shipping, it's factoring in the cost of shipping into the price, but something about those 2 words that makes people think they're getting a deal when it's semantics.

Of course, one key component of it all, those sites allow you to use a credit card to pay, unlike here where you have to have cash, in most cases. Buying bullion on credit...something I will absolutely never do. To each his own. >>

It's not the words "free shipping". It's the overall cost after all of these discounts and handouts that makes it worth it. I doubt if anyone posting is buying this stuff just because it says free shipping. From the posts I see, all of us are calculating every 1% off here and there and figuring out that we are paying below melt value, and can't find a better bargain. I'm not sure how you can assume anything else.
    > [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&amp;_in_kw=1&amp;_ex_kw=&amp;_sacat=0&amp;_udlo=&amp;_udhi=&amp;_ftrt=901&amp;_ftrv=1&amp;_sabdlo=&amp;_sabdhi=&amp;_samilow=&amp;_samihi=&amp;_sadis=15&amp;_stpos=61611&amp;_sargn=-1&saslc=1&amp;_salic=1&amp;_fss=1&amp;_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&amp;_saslop=1&amp;_sasl=mygirlsthree3&amp;_sop=12&amp;_dmd=1&amp;_ipg=50&amp;_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭✭
    Double post
    > [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&amp;_in_kw=1&amp;_ex_kw=&amp;_sacat=0&amp;_udlo=&amp;_udhi=&amp;_ftrt=901&amp;_ftrv=1&amp;_sabdlo=&amp;_sabdhi=&amp;_samilow=&amp;_samihi=&amp;_sadis=15&amp;_stpos=61611&amp;_sargn=-1&saslc=1&amp;_salic=1&amp;_fss=1&amp;_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&amp;_saslop=1&amp;_sasl=mygirlsthree3&amp;_sop=12&amp;_dmd=1&amp;_ipg=50&amp;_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.

<< <i>

How many ASE's have you sold? Or how many AGE's for that matter? If so, what is your mark-up? I have not seen a BST offering and most certainly not by yourself, that will beat their weekly sales price along with the convenience of cc payments, free s&h and with the piece of mind, PayPal buyer protection. In addition, you are dealing with established, well known entities, and not some unknown public forum member. A credit card, that offers cash back on all purchases, if utilized properly and paid in full when billed, is the intelligent method of paying. To each his own >>

This. Try selling silver or gold at their regular prices. Good luck with that. They are basically your competition when you are looking to sell. Unless I know you, I likely won't buy from you if I can buy from the same place that you did. I follow the buy/sell listings on another site and nobody seems to offer risk-free shipping. Since bullion is not insurable except when registered mail is used, that leaves a potential for a mess if the shipment gets lost/stolen/damaged/etc. The best part is getting a pretty decent deal and a lot of security with it. Hard to beat that.
    Threads like this and the excitement within them amaze me. To use eBay bucks and mr rebate and all that stuff...when you can just buy the stuff thru here for roughly the same price. Is it when APMEX says free shipping is what the attraction is? I say free shipping too, and like Apmex, I have that factored in. It's NOT free shipping, it's factoring in the cost of shipping into the price, but something about those 2 words that makes people think they're getting a deal when it's semantics.

How many ASE's have you sold? Or how many AGE's for that matter? If so, what is your mark-up? I have not seen a BST offering and most certainly not by yourself, that will beat their weekly sales price along with the convenience of cc payments, free s&h and with the piece of mind, PayPal buyer protection. In addition, you are dealing with established, well known entities, and not some unknown public forum member. A credit card, that offers cash back on all purchases, if utilized properly and paid in full when billed, is the intelligent method of paying. To each his own

In typical fashion, and expected, you clearly did not read my ENTIRE post and choose to selectively make it personal. Keep jumping to conclusions when you only read part of what was entirely said, as this is your deceptive way of replying to a statement that was taken entirely out of context.
    I swear, some of you here are masters of twisting what was said (based on what your opinion of what was said, not what WAS said in its entirety) to give an entire new spin on subjects.

Using your credit card is completely asinine way to build a metal stack. Here's just some scenarios to think about, because it sounds like some may have not:
    If you are fortunate to be able to pay off every single dime that was charged for metals each month, congrats to you, you are in the very slim minority.
    But based on the value of what some SAY they purchase here monthly, I find it extremely hard to believe that every dime is being paid off in a monthly fashion. SilverBaron is a prime example of that deception. Sorry to go there, but it's a shining example. People posting on a freaking message board aren't paying off thousands of $'s in monthly metal purchases, it is being done on credit, if in fact it is being done.
    So where does that leave you then? With a bill with an interest charge attached to that metal you did not pay off that month. Is that a good wealth building practice?
    Some will say they have 0% interest credit cards. That's fine, but unless you pay off the entire debt by the time that promotion expires, you either now have an interest rate or have to roll that debt into another 0% card...which charges a 3% transaction fee typically.
    I haven't even factored in if something unexpectedly happens during that month you purchased thousands of $'s worth of metals and you can't pay off the metal purchases in whole, haven't even mentioned that.
    People, do what you want, I'm just saying buying metals on a credit card is a road I will never go down for the above reasons. Stack on! (by paying CASH for your purchase)
    I use my credit card all the time since I get a rebate. I also pay it off in full every month because I don't like to pay the ridiculously high interest rates on the unpaid balance. I never spend more than I can pay off on my credit card. It does take a little discipline. Also, the use of a credit card does afford you some protect from fraud.

In typical fashion, and expected, you clearly did not read my ENTIRE post and choose to selectively make it personal. Keep jumping to conclusions when you only read part of what was entirely said, as this is your deceptive way of replying to a statement that was taken entirely out of context.
    I swear, some of you here are masters of twisting what was said (based on what your opinion of what was said, not what WAS said in its entirety) to give an entire new spin on subjects.

Using your credit card is completely asinine way to build a metal stack. Here's just some scenarios to think about, because it sounds like some may have not:
    If you are fortunate to be able to pay off every single dime that was charged for metals each month, congrats to you, you are in the very slim minority.
    But based on the value of what some SAY they purchase here monthly, I find it extremely hard to believe that every dime is being paid off in a monthly fashion. SilverBaron is a prime example of that deception. Sorry to go there, but it's a shining example. People posting on a freaking message board aren't paying off thousands of $'s in monthly metal purchases, it is being done on credit, if in fact it is being done.
    So where does that leave you then? With a bill with an interest charge attached to that metal you did not pay off that month. Is that a good wealth building practice?
    Some will say they have 0% interest credit cards. That's fine, but unless you pay off the entire debt by the time that promotion expires, you either now have an interest rate or have to roll that debt into another 0% card...which charges a 3% transaction fee typically.
    I haven't even factored in if something unexpectedly happens during that month you purchased thousands of $'s worth of metals and you can't pay off the metal purchases in whole, haven't even mentioned that.
    People, do what you want, I'm just saying buying metals on a credit card is a road I will never go down for the above reasons. Stack on! (by paying CASH for your purchase) >>

For the times I partake of those promotions, I use a CC. If I can't pay it off before the due date, I don't buy it. Simple as that.

People, do what you want, I'm just saying buying metals on a credit card is a road I will never go down for the above reasons. Stack on! (by paying CASH for your purchase) >>

As usual, you're non factual and personal nonsensical response. Fact....almost 50% of cc card holders do not incur interest charges because they pay in full monthly, and my guess, most of us do likewise. ..FYI..we are not in a small minority, au contraire, you are.
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Folks on this forum tend to be very conservative and fiscally respindible. That's why they buy PMs in the first place. I believe very few carry any credit card balances. $2000 may be a lot of money to a 40 year old blue collar guy raising a family, but to a retired engineer with 40 years of compounded savings it is not.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

<< <i>Folks on this forum tend to be very conservative and fiscally respindible. That's why they buy PMs in the first place. I believe very few carry any credit card balances. $2000 may be a lot of money to a 40 year old blue collar guy raising a family, but to a retired engineer with 40 years of compounded savings it is not. >>

How did you know that I'm a retired engineer? Bullion stackers are generally conservative so I'm guessing that the vast majority that participate here pay off their credit card in full when they get their bill.

I use my credit card all the time since I get a rebate. I also pay it off in full every month because I don't like to pay the ridiculously high interest rates on the unpaid balance. I never spend more than I can pay off on my credit card. It does take a little discipline. Also, the use of a credit card does afford you some protect from fraud

If it's being done this way, every month with no exception, then I would agree with it.

For the times I partake of those promotions, I use a CC. If I can't pay it off before the due date, I don't buy it. Simple as that

If it's being done this way, every month with no exception, then I would agree with it.

Fact....almost 50% of cc card holders do not incur interest charges because they pay in full monthly, and my guess, most of us do likewise. ..FYI..we are not in a small minority, au contraire, you are.

So you say ALMOST 50% LMAO...and now you speak for everyone? Don't say things like "most of us" when you're not their spokesperson. So if ALMOST 50% do it that way, is MORE THAN 50% the minority or the majority? Post a credible link to you "fact" that backs your comment.

Credit card debt is and has been rising considerably. Of course this is a broad view, just debt, not specifically metal card debt, but you get the idea.
    I'm sorry OPA if coming off as being mean about it, please accept my apology. I just have very strong feelings about using a credit card to buy anything that ultimately is a luxury, not a necessity.
    Somewhat dated ( 2d quarter of 2013) & my calculation includes all revolving debt...

credit card debt paid monthly

credit card info

Those that have a carry over a balance are in the minority
    why are you getting so worked up about the paying habits of others? It's their money and credit so you have ZERO say in the matter and trying to start an argument over that in a PM forum seems rather lame. If this were a credit card forum, then okay.

You know, you're right. Why should I care or discuss the state of economy in the U.S., spending habits of it's citizens and how it directly relates to metals on a metals forum. Forgive me. I'm way off topic.
    Stackers are different, they aren't like the "most of us."

<< <i>

Fact....almost 50% of cc card holders do not incur interest charges because they pay in full monthly, and my guess, most of us do likewise. ..FYI..we are not in a small minority, au contraire, you are.

So you say ALMOST 50% LMAO...and now you speak for everyone? Don't say things like "most of us" when you're not their spokesperson. So if ALMOST 50% do it that way, is MORE THAN 50% the minority or the majority? Post a credible link to you "fact" that backs your comment.

>>

I expect that if you searched the net that you would find a number of researched articles describing that very fact. Kind of like the ones that appear almost weekly about how many Americans have so little saved for retirement or have such abyssmally low balances in their 401Ks.

one

Families who carry a balance on cards fell from 39.4 percent to 38.1 percent.
    From that US news report this is said: "And although the average debt varies by source, credit reporting agency TransUnion puts the sum at $4,878, not including zero-balance cards and retail credit cards"
    I cannot believe that they do not consider the balance on 0% credit cards as debt image To me, because they don't, the whole report is skewed. Numbers...you can make them say whatever you want them to say if manipulated.

$2000 may be a lot of money to a 40 year old blue collar guy raising a family, but to a retired engineer with 40 years of compounded savings it is not.

It's comments and attitudes like this that is the very problem is causing class division within our Nation. Apparently, the values, morals, diligence and thoughts of someone with less money doesn't carry as much weight. What a way to go about living.

What I see going on is you judging other people's habits through the prism of your own life,

And what I see is you judging me thru the prism of yours. It's a FREAKING DISCUSSION! No more or less. Can we not just have that and lay off with the damn personal attacks? Dammit I'm sick of when people read things into something that isn't said.

<< <i>From that US news report this is said: "And although the average debt varies by source, credit reporting agency TransUnion puts the sum at $4,878, not including zero-balance cards and retail credit cards"
    I cannot believe that they do not consider the balance on 0% credit cards as debt image To me, because they don't, the whole report is skewed. Numbers...you can make them say whatever you want them to say if manipulated.

$2000 may be a lot of money to a 40 year old blue collar guy raising a family, but to a retired engineer with 40 years of compounded savings it is not.

It's comments and attitudes like this that is the very problem is causing class division within our Nation. Apparently, the values, morals, diligence and thoughts of someone with less money doesn't carry as much weight. What a way to go about living.

What I see going on is you judging other people's habits through the prism of your own life,

And what I see is you judging me thru the prism of yours. It's a FREAKING DISCUSSION! No more or less. Can we not just have that and lay off with the damn personal attacks? Dammit I'm sick of when people read things into something that isn't said. >>

Imagine how high that average balance would be if it was just cards with a balance. It is an average of all CCs, some with high balance and some with zero balance.
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How did you know that I'm a retired engineer?

Come on Perry, how many times has it been stated on this board that i am Mr. Knowitall and I am one of "them". HAHAHAHA

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭✭
    The article states "zero balance", not 0%. Must have been reading too much into what was written? image

I'll buy 100 ASEs from anyone on this board at APMEXs same terms, if they were ever to be offered as such.

Two credit card companies have paid ME a total of $2,100 over the last 12 months. Although I am in the "slim minority", I don't have any data to back that up.image

<< <i>The article states "zero balance", not 0%. Must have been reading too much into what was written? image

I'll buy 100 ASEs from anyone on this board at APMEXs same terms, if they were ever to be offered as such.

Two credit card companies have paid ME a total of $2,100 over the last 12 months. Although I am in the "slim minority", I don't have any data to back that up.image >>

I feel chided, I only got paid around $500 image
  • WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭✭
    And that doesn't count ebay bucks!
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmmm......

When I saw the email about these deals, I thought "well, there will be the usual 'THE SKY IS FALLING (well, PM prices will fall) ON MONDAY BECAUSE APMEX HAS A DEAL' people posting.

It actually turned even more "interesting".....a board seller, who often whines about not getting the offers he wants for what he sells, complains that people are happy to buy on ebay from Apmex and others when these deals come up. Same person who is a huge proponent of "pay me with PPG only!!!". The "deals" he offers, seldom comes to the same price as these ebay deals. One can use a credit card on the ebay deals and many, like me, don't carry balances (I haven't carried over a monthly charge in ~15+ years...and I charge almost everything for the house/schooling/gym/groceries/gas/food/etc to the cards...and I either get mileage or paid to do so!).
    Free shipping comes into play. Call it "factored in" but the deal is still better anyway.

And, best part of all....don't have to put up with someone who seems to only post to complain/whine and attack others. image
    That's why I like buying from ebay/Apmex/MCM the best! (though, I would buy from Tom (bajjerfan), Dave (cohodk), OPA, MrPaseo, and others, in a heartbeat as they are stand-up forum members who don't go out of their way to talk down to others for not paying the prices they ask or how people are selling.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

<< <i>Unless I'm reading the statement incorrectly, I think both of you guys are misinterpreting the statement. It does seem to EXCLUDE zero balance cards and has nothing to do with 0% cards, which the statement implies it includes if there is a balance on it. >>

On second glance that seems right. A true average balance however would include all cards. Then again it's only meaningful if one owes money.
    It actually turned even more "interesting".....a board seller, who often whines about not getting the offers he wants for what he sells, complains that people are happy to buy on ebay from Apmex and others when these deals come up. Same person who is a huge proponent of "pay me with PPG only!!!". The "deals" he offers, seldom comes to the same price as these ebay deals. One can use a credit card on the ebay deals and many, like me, don't carry balances (I haven't carried over a monthly charge in ~15+ years...and I charge almost everything for the house/schooling/gym/groceries/gas/food/etc to the cards...and I either get mileage or paid to do so!).
    Free shipping comes into play. Call it "factored in" but the deal is still better anyway.

And, best part of all....don't have to put up with someone who seems to only post to complain/whine and attack others.
    That's why I like buying from ebay/Apmex/MCM the best! (though, I would buy from Tom (bajjerfan), Dave (cohodk), OPA, MrPaseo, and others, in a heartbeat as they are stand-up forum members who don't go out of their way to talk down to others for not paying the prices they ask or how people are selling.

Wow! What a complete misinterpretation you have!!! I think I actually feel sorry for you and your inability to follow along with what is being said without having a preconceived opinion of it before reading what was said in its entirety.
    This certain person you are talking about clearly states in all offerings on this site that PPG is preferred and regular PP is accepted if the buyer pays the charge. Clearly stated, so feel free to go into debt by using your CC to make a payment using regular PP, a choice that is given by this person you speak of. There are very few times where this person does say PPG only, but maybe 5% of the time, maybe. Trust me, I know this person very well and know what he asks for in a BST offering.

Secondly, show me where this said member is complaining, whining or attacking anyone. He will not back down if that's what you perceive as attacking someone, or whining about something. It is 100% of the time because he was publicly attacked first.
    Heck just even today after being attacked, he didn't attack anyone. He called a method of payment as being asinine, but he did not call anyONE that, he called the notion of doing it asinine, not a person. There is a huge difference, but maybe you can't see that because you only think you know what you know never having dealt with this person. So I beg to differ that this person attacks anyone...FIRST! When this person does bite back is when he is "attacked" first. Again, trust me. I know this person you speak of very well.

I love it how you write it in the 3rd person so you think you could say it wasn't about me if I called you out, and think that gets you off the hook because of the rules here, specifially #3 image Silly you.

On second glance that seems right. A true average balance however would include all cards. Then again it's only meaningful if one owes money
    Agreed.
  • nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761

<< <i>And that doesn't count ebay bucks! >>

Agree!
    Let me add that I also buy other "stuff" on eBay for which I get at least 2% back in bucks (sometimes 10%). That allows me to buy these deals at well under spot.
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
    The various places APMEX, MCM, etc. all accept PayPal for these specials. So if you are going to pay with PP, you might as well choose the funding source that is the most beneficial to YOU; which for most of us will be a credit card since you get reward points and it offers leverage in the event of a problem or a dispute.
    Not trying to join the... discussion, but wanted to clarify my stance. I save up my fiat before pulling the trigger on any PMs. I do use the CC for obvious reasons and I pay off our CC at least three times a month (I really hate carrying a balance even for a few days).

The last time I paid any interest on a CC was at the beginning of a deployment in 2006. I charged up some items for the deployment fully intending to pay the balance but when we landed, we had no access online. I paid all of $18.50, since that day, I have not paid a cent into interest to a CC.

Prior to that I carried a balance when I purchased my home in 1999, once settled, we paid it off and the rest is history.

Best to all.

<< <i>

<< <i>Not trying to join the... discussion, but wanted to clarify my stance. I save up my fiat before pulling the trigger on any PMs. I do use the CC for obvious reasons and I pay off our CC at least three times a month (I really hate carrying a balance even for a few days).

The last time I paid any interest on a CC was at the beginning of a deployment in 2006. I charged up some items for the deployment fully intending to pay the balance but when we landed, we had no access online. I paid all of $18.50, since that day, I have not paid a cent into interest to a CC.

Prior to that I carried a balance when I purchased my home in 1999, once settled, we paid it off and the rest is history.

Best to all. >>

I hate carrying a balance as well and it really bothered me when they changed the rules a few years back where you couldn't fund your CC account. I use to overpay, sometimes by thousands so I would have my future purchases paid for. Try that now and they'll cut you a check unless it's only a nominal amount. While I would normally like the idea of paying more frequently than monthly, my understanding is that it is better for your credit score to have a balance, as long as its not too high relative to your overall credit line. >>

Bank of America must have been a laggard in that respect since it's only been the last couple of months that I have not been able to over pay my CC account there. If you do overpay, they will charge you a fee to refund the extra. If it's their mistake there is no fee. I recently had them suck an almost $6K duplicate payment out of my linked bank account.

<< <i>I hate carrying a balance as well and it really bothered me when they changed the rules a few years back where you couldn't fund your CC account. I use to overpay, sometimes by thousands so I would have my future purchases paid for. Try that now and they'll cut you a check unless it's only a nominal amount. While I would normally like the idea of paying more frequently than monthly, my understanding is that it is better for your credit score to have a balance, as long as its not too high relative to your overall credit line. >>

Same here with the over payments of yesteryear, no more. As for credit score, though mine is sitting pretty good, I have no concern with my credit score these days. Maybe when I was younger and trying to establish myself, now I pay cash as much as possible (Not really cash but money on hand via a rewards CC image ).