Home Precious Metals
Options

This probably wont go over well here

with all the people who've mocked Him in a particular recent thread, but I'll try it anyway. How about showing off some metal honoring Him on this Easter? Not religions, or Popes...HIM and what He has done! What a concept. Not trying to make this a battle of what our perceptions are of it all, just want to see your Jesus related silver.

Oh, and you are more than free to not participate or comment if this turns you off. Remember that being a choice?

To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.

Comments

• Options
    vprvpr Posts: 604 ✭✭✭
    The first piece looks nice. Very cool design! Happy Easter to you POM and everyone else who celebrates!
    References: Too many to list. PM for details. 100% satisfaction both as buyer and seller. As a seller, I ship promptly and keep buyers updated.
  • Options
    rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭
    Nice bars...
    Always remember, religion makes you blind, the deliverer makes you see...
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I first looked at the thread title I thought...oh boy.
    The I looked to see who originated the post and saw it was you POM and thought....oh God.
    And then, that's exactly what it was.
    Very interesting POM, hope you have a great day!
    Happy Easter to all who celebrate the holiday.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely zero reason why this thread shouldnt "Go Well" regardless of anyones beliefs its a cool looking art bar.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love
    RULE #1

Some fear it more than death.

• Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    Always remember, religion makes you blind, the deliverer makes you see..

I could not agree more. I hope that everyone is having a safe and blessed day to reflect as well.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Always remember, religion makes you blind, the deliverer makes you see..

I could not agree more. I hope that everyone is having a safe and blessed day to reflect as well. >>

+1 and another 2,015 years.
  • Options
    ArizonaJackArizonaJack Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Always remember, religion makes you blind, the deliverer makes you see..

I could not agree more. I hope that everyone is having a safe and blessed day to reflect as well. >>

+1 and another 2,015 years. >>

+2
    " YOU SUCK " Awarded 5/18/08
  • Options
    CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭
    Happy Easter and have a Blessed safe day with your family and loved ones. image
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • Options
    He is Risen!

Great stuff, Rich! I really enjoy the look of the first bar.

I hope everyone has a great day!
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet !!! :-)
    Timbuk3
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    Good post....Happy Easter to all!
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He is risen. I can't think of any better reason to celebrate life. Happy Easter!
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    mikliamiklia Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭

<< <i>with all the people who've mocked Him in a particular recent thread >>

Can't find that thread anywhere POM - where was He mocked, aside from the post in this thread showing pics of items using His image to sell the exact thing He was betrayed for? Talk about the single most inappropriate thing to post on Easter...
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice Easter bar. Happy Easter to all those that celebrate it's joy. Happy just another Sunday to those that don't.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options

<< <i>

Can't find that thread anywhere POM - where was He mocked, aside from the post in this thread showing pics of items using His image to sell the exact thing He was betrayed for? Talk about the single most inappropriate thing to post on Easter... >>

Lol, it is most appropriate... Because what does it profit a man if he gains the whole world, yet loses his own soul???...
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    InYHWHWeTrustInYHWHWeTrust Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭
    Cool Bar! Happy Easter. He is risen indeed!
    Do your best to avoid circular arguments, as it will help you reason better, because better reasoning is often a result of avoiding circular arguments.
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy Easter to all fellow Christians!
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy Easter my friends, they say it's going to be all right.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    air4mdcair4mdc Posts: 801 ✭✭✭✭
    He Has Risen Indeed !
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Can't find that thread anywhere POM - where was He mocked, aside from the post in this thread showing pics of items using His image to sell the exact thing He was betrayed for? Talk about the single most inappropriate thing to post on Easter... >>

Lol, it is most appropriate... Because what does it profit a man if he gains the whole world, yet loses his own soul???... >>

Rawteam I dig you and like your posts, but you're way off base here. Using His image on money to profit is just about the most disrespectful thing I can imagine for a Christian. Just because it makes one feel better about collecting PMs doesn't make it right.

Still waiting for the evidence that He was mocked anywhere in these threads too. Unless you think Stan is the second coming, POM?

For those who dislike the hostility, get God out of these forums and I'll stop exposing the hypocrites.
  • Options
    juuuuuuust in case one needs even more guidance from God on the issue:

Exodus 20:23

You shall not make gods of silver to be with me, nor shall you make for yourselves gods of gold.

James 5:3

Your gold and silver will rust, and that rust will be a proof that you were wrong. That rust will eat your bodies like fire. You saved your treasure in the last days.

• Options
    I may be wrong, but I don't think anyone here has made or bows down every day to some idol they have made out of a bunch of silver or gold they have bought and sit around and talk to it...or waits around for it to tell them what to do...

No amount of money, even the precious of metals can buy one redemption... That maybe the direction you might look for...
    For wherever your treasure is...
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unbelievable..... oh well...Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    Says this:
    get God out of these forums and I'll stop exposing the hypocrites

And then 40 minutes later says this:

You shall not make gods of silver to be with me, nor shall you make for yourselves gods of gold.

Your gold and silver will rust, and that rust will be a proof that you were wrong. That rust will eat your bodies like fire. You saved your treasure in the last days.

Dear hypocrite, stop arguing with yourself and trying to put words in other peoples mouth when you have no damn idea what the ideals of that person is. You'll live longer.

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>He is risen. I can't think of any better reason to celebrate life. Happy Easter! >>

image Great thread indeed!
  • Options

<< <i>Dear hypocrite, stop arguing with yourself and trying to put words in other peoples mouth when you have no damn idea what the ideals of that person is. You'll live longer. >>

I said that if someone brings God into the PM forum, I'll expose the inanity of trying to reconcile the two positions. Once I start threads that put God into the forums, you can certainly call me a hypocrite.

What you could say, POM, is complain that i rigged the debate. I knew from the start that there's nothing in Scripture that supports a pro-PM position, and there are many, many verses - some directly from Jesus Himself - that speak to the evils of PMs. All I have done is quote the Bible to state my case, and the Bible is crystal effing clear on this point. With no possible way to counter, it was inevitable that the 'shoot the messenger' technique employed by Stan (I'm using Satan's tricks), you (quoting the Bible = mocking Jesus) and others would come up instead of also using Scripture to try to defend your position.

Regarding 'ideals' - I learned long ago that it is essentially impossible to get someone convinced of their righteousness to take on new information on that challenges said belief, especially as they get older. And it certainly requires a more traumatic life event than reading a message board. I offered several direct examples to the naysayers that were totally ignored, but I likely could have offered 100 and it wouldn't have made one iota of difference. While nobody's actually being harmed here, I will always elect to expose when one is using religion falsely in order to justify doing whatever it is they want to do, because so many horrible acts have been done to good people under this banner.

You can have your PMs or you can have Him. Your call.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You can have your PMs or you can have Him. Your call. >>

Based on the OPs pics, Looks like he's got both.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
  • Options

<< <i>Says this:
    get God out of these forums and I'll stop exposing the hypocrites

And then 40 minutes later says this:

Dear hypocrite, stop arguing with yourself and trying to put words in other peoples mouth when you have no damn idea what the ideals of that person is. You'll live longer. >>

Well said. We only have one guy on here judging all of us, while he pounds his keyboard in judgmental anger. The interesting thing is, if you seen how nasty he has been towards myself in PMs and on this board in the past, I don't get how he can act so self righteous on here.

I guess some will never get the fact that whether it's metals, houses, cars, etc... Loving the material possessions more than Him is the real sin. The Bible references gold and silver a lot because they were the money of the time because they didn't have the FR paper printing presses back then. What the teaching are showing is that money doesn't mean much in the end, so you should not covet them.

• Options
    You fascinate me Stan. I must paint you.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i wish we saw more silver bars like that. jmo
  • Options
    Actually miklia I will take the opposite position and say without doubt the scriptures take a pro PM position for a specific purpose..

It's the law/principle of just weights and measures ... I have said it here before and reiterate it again...
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    And it's why most if not all people here buy pm's, even if they want to disagree with the biblical principle...
    That's what's weird ...
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    Oh sorry miklia forgot this , all religion(s) are used falsely because they are attempts at dominating other men(people)...
    Once again the deliverer gives one the ability to dominate themselves, if they so choose...
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think Exodus 20:23 was about idols not PM's per se.

The James 5:3 is not about PM's either its about a certain frame of mind or way of living your life that is to be avoided i.e. worshiping material possessions

Thus ends Bronco bible study for Easter Monday image
  • Options
    good 1 bronco, short n sweet...lol
    keceph `anah
  • Options

<< <i>Actually miklia I will take the opposite position and say without doubt the scriptures take a pro PM position for a specific purpose..

It's the law/principle of just weights and measures ... I have said it here before and reiterate it again... >>

I'm certainly willing to entertain a well-documented argument that PMs are considered neutral (not pro-PM, there's no line in the Bible suggesting that one accumulate PMs) - if one uses the Old Testament alone, where you're right that most references to PMs are instrumental in nature, as is the discussion of wealth in general. But that would of course make one Jewish. image The New Testament eliminates any ambiguity on this issue.

Bronco, the notion of an alternative explanation for the Exodus passage could be entertained in reflection of the above (which would ironically make the OP's post even more sinful), but your argument that Jesus didn't really mean what He very clearly and directly said is an interesting one. This is just what I was talking about when I said that even 100 examples wouldn't make a difference, as they'd all get explained away by 'well, the context is different' or 'its a parable' or 'He didn't really mean it' so that one could go on pretending that their actions are unproblematic.

Agree 100% on the fact that while religion can be a powerful force for good, all religions can used falsely rawteam - both by twisting emotions as well as fundamentalist interpretations that want to take us back to the good old days of 400 AD. Been happening from the Crusades to ISIS. Christians are persecuted in Pakistan, as are Muslims by Hindus in India and muslims by buddhists(!) in Myanmar, to name just a couple of the dozens of examples that exist today. I didn't mention the rest because nobody's here saying that Buddha or Allah is telling them that stacking's a-ok. If they did, I would have taken issue with that too.

tl;dr - I feel like I'm in a mashup of the beginning of 12 Angry Men and Groundhog Day around here lately.
  • Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    Nice thread OP
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    It's not the accumulation of PM's, it's the use of them in trade...
    Just weights and measures...

Edit to add... And "the accumulation" here possibly is for the fact of protecting the supposed or recognized degradation of the principle of just weights and measures by fiat currency... It may be the prudent thing to do, hence being a good steward in the process...
    However, there are as usual many twists and turns...

The principles for Jews are for all men, as the new covenant only brings them to light, as it is a substance to the shadow of the old...
    The letter kills...

An interesting insight is the declaration to remember YAh as it is he who gives you power(ability) to get wealth...
    keceph `anah