Home Precious Metals

Buying brand name gold at spot. Next up, specials @ less than spot?

BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
is this sort of unusual? I do not recall being able to buy quantity of brand name gold bars at spot in a retail situation before, usually the best I could do was spot plus a percent or two

Coming soon to an online seller near you: gold bars offered under spot??

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

Comments

• guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,237 ✭✭✭
    If so, this should let us know which direction the price of metals are headed.

I still can't believe we get to buy at these levels again.

@ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,977 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>is this sort of unusual? I do not recall being able to buy quantity of brand name gold bars at spot in a retail situation before, usually the best I could do was spot plus a percent or two

Coming soon to an online seller near you: gold bars offered under spot?? >>

Probably only if places like APMEX can get it under spot. Any idea how much a place like Sunshine Minting pays for their gold in relation to spot?
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,554 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before talk of the "end of mankind" PMs were regularly traded at spot or less.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bullion price war getting underway?

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Bullion price war getting underway? >>

Not only getting, but is. Lets see which of the "big boys" will blink first.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • bluelobsterbluelobster Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭
    Haven't seen this low a premium environment for 10 years. Clearly, there is no lack of physical metal available.
    I don't think this is what 0 hedge told the peoples.
  • bluelobsterbluelobster Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭
    With all of these dealers offering gold an silver at spot, someone must be needing capital, this is not merely timing the market. The question is who? or whom?
  • OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

<< <i>With all of these dealers offering gold an silver at spot, someone must be needing capital, this is not merely timing the market. The question is who? or whom? >>

Exactly
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,554 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>With all of these dealers offering gold an silver at spot, someone must be needing capital, this is not merely timing the market. The question is who? or whom? >>

I thought 6 months ago we would have known by Valentines Day.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is ebay knowing they can get sure sales from the stackers by offering the bullion dealers sales incentives

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is mcm?

Throw me a CS bone, MCM!
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • ranshdowranshdow Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭
    Smells like the unwinding of a carry trade, possibly Gold/USD, in advance of the Extremely Well Telegraphed Rise in Short-Term Interest Rates.