Home Precious Metals
Options

APMEX has the 100 oz RCM bars on sale for 24 hrs at

OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
$.79 over spot... ( for those that prefer RCM bars )

APMEX RCM silver
"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."

Comments

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,446 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just be aware that these aren't new bars so you could get a bar that's scratched up or banged up. Read the first review in the link from a very dissatisfied customer.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options

<< <i>Just be aware that these aren't new bars so you could get a bar that's scratched up or banged up. Read the first review in the link from a very dissatisfied customer. >>

good grief, they are not "collectors" bars, but bullion bars....so who gives a shat if they have scratches? Most will end up eventually in the melting pot anyway.
  • Options
    PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭
    These 100oz RCM bars do have a much shinier finish than most 10 oz bars. They'll definitely be prone to getting marked up easier than other bars. Bullion is bullion though.
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,446 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Just be aware that these aren't new bars so you could get a bar that's scratched up or banged up. Read the first review in the link from a very dissatisfied customer. >>

good grief, they are not "collectors" bars, but bullion bars....so who gives a shat if they have scratches? Most will end up eventually in the melting pot anyway. >>

It was only my intent to warn readers here that these are secondary bars and might be really ugly. The appearance of these bullion bars are important to most buyers which is why bars that aren't all beat up are easier to sell. Why do you think current Geiger, OPM, NTR, RCM, SM, etc 10 ounce bars are all sold sealed in plastic? I bought an 100 oz Engelhard bar from a major PM dealer that looked like it was attacked with a hatchet. It was very close to melt so it wasn't a big deal but it sure was one ugly bar.image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options

<< <i>Why do you think current Geiger, OPM, NTR, RCM, SM, etc 10 ounce bars are all sold sealed in plastic? >>

It's called "marketing" your product in a competitive market. But in the end, it's only worth melt.
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good deal !!! :-)
    Timbuk3