Home Precious Metals

No talk of the London gold fix change

DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
Trying this again.

Wasn't Friday the day of the change? Any thoughts on what we might expect?

Shift in the gold market - take the spaces out of the first part of this url:
http://www.market watch.com/story/a-key-part-of-the-gold-market-will-see-a-major-shift-friday-2015-03-17?link=MW_home_latest_news

And apparently a url with market watch.com with no spaces gets the naughty filter and wont' link regular-style, sigh.

Comments

• CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KITCO ran this Friday:

linky

Don't know why it should have any effect on gold.
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't think it really would either, but you never know.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems to have gone without a blip in market values....Cheers, RickO
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that the real test begins when the next price takedown begins. Today marks the beginning of the baseline.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,550 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I think that the real test begins when the next price takedown begins. Today marks the beginning of the baseline. >>

Just like the "takedown" when "they" dropped this silver fix.

You guys all though prices were being held DOWN by this fix yet when it ended prices collapsed----just as predicted by some idiotic fool. image

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• << <i>

<< <i>I think that the real test begins when the next price takedown begins. Today marks the beginning of the baseline. >>

You guys all though prices were being held DOWN by this fix yet when it ended prices collapsed----just as predicted by some idiotic fool. image >>

You do understand if we used real numbers, not the cooked and rigged numbers, the metals would be off of the charts by the normal standards that used to be how things were calculated? Everything isn't based on reality anymore. They can pretty much do what they want, and they are doing it.
  • rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

You guys all though prices were being held DOWN by this fix yet when it ended prices collapsed----just as predicted by some idiotic fool. image >>

You do understand if we used real numbers, not the cooked and rigged numbers, the metals would be off of the charts by the normal standards that used to be how things were calculated? Everything isn't based on reality anymore. They can pretty much do what they want, and they are doing it. >>

That's not true at all, there is substantial inventory available of silver and gold, and the current price is reality...
    keceph `anah

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

You do understand if we used real numbers, not the cooked and rigged numbers, the metals would be off of the charts by the normal standards that used to be how things were calculated? Everything isn't based on reality anymore. They can pretty much do what they want, and they are doing it. >>

That's not true at all, there is substantial inventory available of silver and gold, and the current price is reality... >>

It's far from reality. If we were living in reality, the clowns wouldn't be caught rigging things every time we turn around.

Here is a funny tidbit from the article linked above:

<<Manipulation of Precious Metals

The question that is now on everyone’s mind is whether the new system will stop potential manipulation of precious metals markets. In a recent interview with Reuters, Finbarr Hutcheson, president of IBA, said that they can’t guarantee there won’t be any manipulation.
    >>

Where there is money involved, rest assured, someone is trying to cheat, steal, or manipulate the situation.

<< <i>

<< <i>

And if the earth were 3 million miles closer to the sun we wouldnt be alive. If Babe Ruth had just hit 1 more homerun in every 100 at bats. If that asteroid hadnt hit 65 million years ago. If people didnt like to create and listen to fantasies.

You are not a very intelligent person Stan. But thats ok as THEY like to cull the weak first. image

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

And if the earth were 3 million miles closer to the sun we wouldnt be alive. If Babe Ruth had just hit 1 more homerun in every 100 at bats. If that asteroid hadnt hit 65 million years ago. If people didnt like to create and listen to fantasies.

You are not a very intelligent person Stan. But thats ok as THEY like to cull the weak first. image >>

Oh, of course. You have to start the personal insults, as you think you are the smartest man in the room, because you drink the system's kool aid.
  • And before this gets out of hand, cohodk, please let's not take this off into anymore personal insults. I just noticed above in the sticky that it's rule #3, and a reason to be banished from posting. Again, please let's keep it civil, even though we may not exactly be buddies.
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

So everyone else's perception of Reality is distorted, and your personal reality is the one true one? And this Truth will be revealed presently? You do realize how that sounds, right?

The rest of us are just having a conversation. Only one poster is implying omniscience. image

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You act like there's never been a takedown in the pm markets. Really now.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.

<< <i>And before this gets out of hand, cohodk, please let's not take this off into anymore personal insults. I just noticed above in the sticky that it's rule #3, and a reason to be banished from posting. Again, please let's keep it civil, even though we may not exactly be buddies. >>

You can call it an insult, I will call it an above average intellectual observation. image

In all sincerity, "they" are having a field day with you. How arrogant can one be to think that his own perception of reality is REALITY? Its almost as absurd as someone not knowing the effects of centrifugal force, making a video about it and claiming it to be some new concept that explains all geographical features of the earth.

The combination of ignorance and arrogance you possess is dwarfed only by force of time (hopefully someone will come around that makes you look smart).

<< <i>You act like there's never been a takedown in the pm markets. Really now. >>

You act as if theres never been a takeup in the pm markets. image

Dont you find it interesting that when the London silver fix was "fixed", that silver cratered 25%. Maybe, just maybe, the fix was holding it at elevated levels?

• << <i>

<< <i>And before this gets out of hand, cohodk, please let's not take this off into anymore personal insults. I just noticed above in the sticky that it's rule #3, and a reason to be banished from posting. Again, please let's keep it civil, even though we may not exactly be buddies. >>

You can call it an insult, I will call it an above average intellectual observation. image

In all sincerity, "they" are having a field day with you. How arrogant can one be to think that his own perception of reality is REALITY? Its almost as absurd as someone not knowing the effects of centrifugal force, making a video about it and claiming it to be some new concept that explains all geographical features of the earth.

The combination of ignorance and arrogance you possess is dwarfed only by force of time (hopefully someone will come around that makes you look smart). >>

It has nothing to do with being arrogant. It has everything to do with being informed as to what our creator foretold us would occur in the letter he sent us.

The only ones "they" are having a field day with is the folks that buy in to their system. image

• << <i>

<< <i>You act like there's never been a takedown in the pm markets. Really now. >>

You act as if theres never been a takeup in the pm markets. image

Dont you find it interesting that when the London silver fix was "fixed", that silver cratered 25%. Maybe, just maybe, the fix was holding it at elevated levels? >>

Again:

<<The question that is now on everyone’s mind is whether the new system will stop potential manipulation of precious metals markets. In a recent interview with Reuters, Finbarr Hutcheson, president of IBA, said that they can’t guarantee there won’t be any manipulation.>>

new system will stop potential manipulation of precious metals markets.

We must always be careful what we wish for.

If one believes the PM markets to be so manipulated then why invest in them?

And one must consider the consequences is any such manipulation ceases. Sometimes manipulation can be good as in the construction of a dam manipulates the flow of water in a river. This manipulation provides for irrigation, electricity, recreation, water storage. Do you think California would be such an economic force if it had no reservoirs?

What are the consequences of $20,000 gold or $200 silver? Or $200 gold and $2 silver?

Right now we have this belief that PMs would be much higher if allowed to find their true market. But what if we are wrong and the true value is really much lower?

• << <i>Right now we have this belief that PMs would be much higher if allowed to find their true market. But what if we are wrong and the true value is really much lower? >>

Why continue to make excuses for a system that has been caught time and time again manipulating the markets?

Let's put it another way; If you were dating a woman who was this shady with her behavior, would you trust her?
  • mikliamiklia Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Let's put it another way; If you were dating a woman who was this shady with her behavior, would you trust her? >>

Well you're the one that keeps cutting her checks...is she worth it?