Home Precious Metals
Options

January 2017 Predictions

renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
When Barry steps down what do you think the Averages, Gold, Silver, & Debt will be.

My WAG:

Dow - 20,995
Naz - 5,832
S&P - 2,332
Gold - 1,376
Silver - 18.95
Debt - $20.1T

Comments

• Options
    s4nys4ny Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭

<< <i>When Barry steps down what do you think the Averages, Gold, Silver, & Debt will be.

My WAG:

Dow - 20,995
    Naz - 5,832
    S&P - 2,332
    Gold - 1,376
    Silver - 18.95
    Debt - $20.1T >>

Nothing to fault in your predictions. Which one is likeliest to be wrong by
    the greatest %? The odds would usually favor silver.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My crystal ball does not even allow me to predict next week and you are forecasting almost two years in the future?? Good luck...Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    razzlerazzle Posts: 981 ✭✭
    Do you mean if he doesn't set prices by exec order on his way out? It will be enough for me just to know he is gone.
    Markets (governments) can remain irrational longer than an investor can remain solvent.
  • Options

<< <i>Do you mean if he doesn't set prices by exec order on his way out? It will be enough for me just to know he is gone. >>

Agree. IMO markets will continue to be propped up by the powers-that-be until he leaves office to solidify his legacy. Then crash. The size of the crash will depend on who will be the next president.
  • Options
    OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Do you mean if he doesn't set prices by exec order on his way out? It will be enough for me just to know he is gone. >>

Agree. IMO markets will continue to be propped up by the powers-that-be until he leaves office to solidify his legacy. Then crash. The size of the crash will depend on who will be the next president. >>

If you look at seasonality of the stock market, year 1 of a new presidents term has a higher probability of posting a loss. Jay Kaeppel wrote a pretty interesting book on seasonality and he has some really interesting analysis on presidential cycles. "Seasonal Stock Market Trends: The Definitive Guide to Seasonal Stock Market Trading"

(I have no relation to the author other than it being a good book Id recommend).
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't thought that far ahead, and my prediction record hasn't been too impressive lately anyhow. That's why I'm not a trader. I'm as concerned about 2015.75 as I am about 2017, and I'm still wrestling with thoughts of a monetary crisis vs. deflation in general. Armstrong seems to have a pretty good handle on money flows and timing.

There's no doubt that the debt is out of control and will require higher levels of money creation to keep the bottom from dropping out of real estate and stocks. The US is in a unique position with the largest economy, the largest debt, the world's reserve currency and the biggest spenders on the planet. The Chinese Infrastructure bank will try to compete, and gold may play a part in a basket of commodities that back up the new Chinese offering. All of our former allies have signed on.

I harken back to one of Bernanke's early testimonies when he alluded to the valuation of the dollar with respect to his helicopter money drops. As I recall, he said that the dollar's international status doesn't really make any difference to those of us living inside the US. I felt that he totally discredited himself when he said that.

There's a mathematical problem now that can't be resolved. Actually, it's a two-pronged problem that includes both the debt that's on the books and all of the unfunded liabilities that our politicians have committed taxpayers to pay in perpetuity. It's math, nothing more.

Will anything really happen before 2015.75 or even 2017? Your guess is as good as mine.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    luckybucksluckybucks Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭

<< <i>When Barry steps down what do you think the Averages, Gold, Silver, & Debt will be.

My WAG:

Dow - 20,995
    Naz - 5,832
    S&P - 2,332
    Gold - 1,376
    Silver - 18.95
    Debt - $20.1T >>

Hmmm, January 2017. In a rigged market, anything is possible. Here is what I predict

Dow - 20,276
    NAZDAQ - 6,088
    S&P - 2,308
    Gold - $951 per oz
    Silver - $8.14 per oz
    Debt - 20.25 trillion dollars

I think gold and silver will be suppressed for as long as possible........unless....something big happens. I do think that when precious metals rise, it will be a rise like never seen before. Likewise, when the stock market falls, I think it will be on the level of the depression or worse.
  • Options
    TheRegulatorTheRegulator Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭
    You're assuming he will step down in 2017. image
    The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. -Thomas Jefferson
  • Options

<< <i>You're assuming he will step down in 2017. image >>

Yes, that is the wild card isn't it?