"it's going to make 2008 look like a Sunday school picnic"

comments?

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

Comments

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He is on a cold streak.Maybe this will turn it around. Mark
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time will prove Schiff to be correct on many things. It will prove others wrong.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    mikliamiklia Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭
    nobody ever sold any newsletters predicting Sunday school picnics.
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭
    About like a shower curtain ring salesman pushing sliding glass shower doors.....ain't gonna happen.

Time turns in the favor of everyone sooner or later if they hold steady.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    dbcoindbcoin Posts: 2,200 ✭✭
    Schiff has a chip on his shoulder with the USA because his daddy is siting in jail for tax evasion. That's why he's such a doom and gloomer
  • Options
    Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    From what i have been hearing is that in the 3rd quarter of this year.. Downturn
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • Options

<< <i>Schiff has a chip on his shoulder with the USA because his daddy is siting in jail for tax evasion. That's why he's such a doom and gloomer >>

According to his mother Peter has always been like this. Yes, with Erwin in prison it burns him.

Mark
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,230 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>He is on a cold streak.Maybe this will turn it around. Mark >>

He'll hit the powerball first

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought he had an office in Northern California?
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options

<< <i>I thought he had an office in Northern California? >>

World Headquarters is in Connecticut

M
  • Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fed jawboning about raising rate allowed mortgage providers last month to bump their fixed quotes 3/4 point.

That's good if you a lender be.

When's the last time the Fed raised rates before an election?
    A structurally very weak economy and the cost to carry
    the deficit are the two other reasons why it'll be a cold day in hell if we see rates bumped within the next 18 months.
    Have a nice day
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    feeds right into your narrative

Which narrative is that, Baley? The one that says you can't create prosperity by creating more fiat, debt-based money?

When I studied Finance, it was pretty clear how interest rates, markets and the economy worked. Everything has been turned on its head since then.

The question is whether or not classical finance is reality, or whether today's markets reflect reality. They aren't the same thing, so in my opinion - one must choose their reality. Schiff is just talking classical real world finance and common sense.

A good explanation of classical real world finance.

Which financial paradigm do you think is reality? I'm sure that we'll find out before too long. It's no different this time.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    It's no different this time

If you start to think in terms of "no time is ever the same", then things become a bit more clear.

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Time will prove Schiff to be correct on many things. It will prove others wrong. >>

Well said. I'm still waiting for his gold prediction made in 2012image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Time will prove Schiff to be correct on many things. It will prove others wrong. >>

Well said. I'm still waiting for his gold prediction made in 2012image >>

like the one he made in 2006 before gold tripled?

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Well said. I'm still waiting for his gold prediction made in 2012image >>

like the one he made in 2006 before gold tripled? >>

Nope ... he wasn't the only one who got that one correct. image
  • Options
    JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right / Wrong .... I like Peter and enjoy listening to him.
  • Options

<< <i>Right / Wrong .... I like Peter and enjoy listening to him. >>

^^^^^^^^

This.

I mentioned once that I had dinner with Peter. During dinner I told him he was my fifth favorite "gold/financial' guy. He instantly asked who the other four were with food in his mouth. It really pissed him offimage

Mark
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

^^^^^^^^

This.

I mentioned once that I had dinner with Peter. During dinner I told him he was my fifth favorite "gold/financial' guy. He instantly asked who the other four were with food in his mouth. It really pissed him offimage

Mark >>

When you told him, did he know who derryb, roadrunner, baley, and cohodk were?

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

^^^^^^^^

This.

Mark >>

When you told him, did he know who derryb, roadrunner, baley, and cohodk were? >>

That is funnyimage

M
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    Which narrative is that, Baley? The one that says you can't create prosperity by creating more fiat, debt-based money?

When no one is allowed to fail is in itself a failure of true capitalism.
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

^^^^^^^^

This.

Mark >>

When you told him, did he know who derryb, roadrunner, baley, and cohodk were? >>

That is funnyimage

M >>

I laughed a little 2.
  • Options
    peter-schiff--the-dollar-rally-will-end-in-tears-and-gold-will-soar-

One of the comments in the follow-up article:

"Schiff has successfully called 125 of the last 2 recessions and 30 of the last 0 dollar collapses."

Add: and Schiff has successfully called 80 of the last 0 times gold has gone to $5000

<< <i>nobody ever sold any newsletters predicting Sunday school picnics. >>

no, no they didn't. nor get yer mug on TV or have your videos linked to in esoteric collectibles message boards

• Options
    without the contrarians Baleyville and the rest of the world would still be flat with a sun orbiting it.

• Options

<< <i>without the contrarians Baleyville and the rest of the world would still be flat with a sun orbiting it. >>

I can tell that Sarcasm is just one more service that you offer, however, any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.image
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The FED knows how to do a stress test. Am sure they don't need to bluff with the money they print. image
  • Options

<< <i>He's certainly entertaining if nothing else. I have to wonder how much of his rhetoric is just for the sake of being inflammatory or self promotion and how much of it is genuine conviction on his part. >>

Oh he is serious

Mark
  • Options
    Appears China will be joining the currency war.

"If you just take one step back and keep your perspective focused on the global situation, you’ll see that increasing the interest rates might very well be the worst thing the Federal Reserve could decide to do later this year. This basically means the Fed is trapped in a global game where all other players seem to be holding the right cards, basically forcing the USA to follow them or to accept a serious deterioration of its position in the world economy."

Seems Schiff is right again with China calling the FED's bluff.

• Options
    What is this fascination with the FED raising rates? It baffles me. FED painted into a corner---LMFAO. This is comical. The global markets have already raised rates in the US vs the world. The FED doesnt have to do anything. The FED is not bluffing at all. I dont believe I heard Yellen say one that they would raise rates. No once.

Again, people hear what they want to hear rather than what is really said.

Schiff will be right, after he is wrong 100x. By then, does it really matter? Will we hold a parade or build a statue?

The choice to cower or stand before what faces you is a personal one.

• Options
    We all know how zerohedge likes to promote conspiracy theory, yet it is very revealing to read what they wrote about Putin during the time of his "disappearance".

Im really beginning to wonder if the origins of zerohedge.com are not zerohedge.ru.

• Options

<< <i>Appears China will be joining the currency war.

"If you just take one step back and keep your perspective focused on the global situation, you’ll see that increasing the interest rates might very well be the worst thing the Federal Reserve could decide to do later this year. This basically means the Fed is trapped in a global game where all other players seem to be holding the right cards, basically forcing the USA to follow them or to accept a serious deterioration of its position in the world economy."

Seems Schiff is right again with China calling the FED's bluff. >>

This is all orchestrating right towards them setting up their one world system that some on here like to mock posters for discussing here in the past. For those that have read the good book, they know how this turns out. For those that haven't, they are in for quite a reality check. image
  • Options
    Yeah that would really suck if the planet started acting like one world rather than wasting lives and treasure in fighting each other literallly with guns and figuratively with economic strategies, huh?

• Options

<< <i>Yeah that would really suck if the planet started acting like one world rather than wasting lives and treasure in fighting each other literallly with guns and figuratively with economic strategies, huh? >>

Yeah, there is just one problem. That being who/what will run that one world system. Laugh, mock, or whatever. A reality check is in store for many.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Yeah that would really suck if the planet started acting like one world rather than wasting lives and treasure in fighting each other literallly with guns and figuratively with economic strategies, huh? >>

Yeah, there is just one problem. That being who/what will run that one world system. Laugh, mock, or whatever. A reality check is in store for many. >>

God runs the world and it's system. Didn't you know that?

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Yeah, there is just one problem. That being who/what will run that one world system. Laugh, mock, or whatever. A reality check is in store for many. >>

God runs the world and it's system. Didn't you know that? >>

Please do more studying, sir.. image
  • Options
    What is this fascination with the FED raising rates?

Rates rise in response to market demand for credit. Usually, businesses need more credit when the economy is booming and they wish to expand. Is business trying to expand right now because of higher demand? You tell me.

The math of rising rates is clear concerning the national debt, though. Higher rates means that interest on the debt gets more expensive and it means that the budget deficits will increase and the politicians will come under greater pressure to do one or more of the following:

1) Increase taxes
    2) Decrease benefits
    3) Run bigger deficits
    4) Create more electronic or paper money

I'm not sure how fascinating this may be, but it seems to me that we minnows will be among the last to know how it will be resolved.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Please do more studying, sir.. image >>

Oh, ok, "GodS" also known as "They" It's become too big a job to "run things" for one bearded dude in a white robe sitting on a cloud. There is obviously a committee of NWO demi-gods who really "run things" around here

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Please do more studying, sir.. image >>

Oh, ok, "GodS" also known as "They" It's become too big a job to "run things" for one bearded dude in a white robe sitting on a cloud. There is obviously a committee of NWO demi-gods who really "run things" around here >>

I understand some think it's funny to laugh at something they might not yet understand. In due time, the doubters will have their eyes opened. The chess pieces are being put in to motion as we speak. Keep laughing..
  • Options
    There is obviously a committee of NWO demi-gods who really "run things" around here

Baley, what are your thoughts on suspicious cash deposits or withdrawals being made reportable at $5,000? Any social engineering going on, do you think?

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

<< <i>There is obviously a committee of NWO demi-gods who really "run things" around here

Baley, what are your thoughts on suspicious cash deposits or withdrawals being made reportable at $5,000? Any social engineering going on, do you think? >>

Yes, they are making it to where a person looks like a criminal for just trying to make an honest living. Just like the recent case where the lady who owned and ran a café made her daily deposits and they flagged her and seized her life savings. It's going to get so bad that the ones laughing now won't be laughing in the future.
  • Options
    My thoughts on cash transaction reporting is that honest people doing honest transactions will have a legitimate explanation for the cash transaction that They (the authorities) will accept.

Same with the security check at the airport, I do not mind it, as I do not have anything to hide.
    Yes it's intrusive, but it's the price in a few minutes that I am willing to pay for the opportunity to fly in a magic chair from one place to another, and with reduced chances of some nut on board with weapons.

Making a cash transaction that's reported? Well, better have your papers in order, and not act like you're trying to get away with something like tax evasion or money laundering. And if someone's honest legitimate business patterns involve moving a lot of cash, or purchasing a lot of fuel oil and fertilizer, or buying all of a sudden a wood chipper, or a bunch of plastic bags and bleach and rope, or if their search history contains a lot of searches on how to improvise weapons, or make poison, or get rid of a corpse, they better get used to a lot of inquisitive questions about their behavior pattern.

• Options

<< <i>My thoughts on cash transaction reporting is that honest people doing honest transactions will have a legitimate explanation for the cash transaction that They (the authorities) will accept.

Same with the security check at the airport, I do not mind it, as I do not have anything to hide.
    Yes it's intrusive, but it's the price in a few minutes that I am willing to pay for the opportunity to fly in a magic chair from one place to another, and with reduced chances of some nut on board with weapons.

Making a cash transaction that's reported? Well, better have your papers in order, and not act like you're trying to get away with something like tax evasion or money laundering. And if someone's honest legitimate business patterns involve moving a lot of cash, or purchasing a lot of fuel oil and fertilizer, or buying all of a sudden a wood chipper, or a bunch of plastic bags and bleach and rope, or if their search history contains a lot of searches on how to improvise weapons, or make poison, or get rid of a corpse, they better get used to a lot of inquisitive questions about their behavior pattern. >>

It's not that simple anymore, Baley. The social engineers working the "If you have nothing to hide" ideology on to the American people is still stunning to me as to how successful it has been.
  • Options
    It's also amazing how successful the counter-campaign of cynicism and paranoia have been, isn't it, in getting folks to say things like that. Maybe They're all in it together to control us like puppets on strings.

Is there no free will? is this all an illusion? are we in the Matrix and your confidence in your superior knowledge of "reality" just another level of delusion??

think about it.

• Options
    system error..
  • Options
    system error..
  • Options
    system error..
  • Options
    system error..
  • Options

<< <i>It's also amazing how successful the counter-campaign of cynicism and paranoia have been, isn't it, in getting folks to say things like that. Maybe They're all in it together to control us like puppets on strings.

Is there no free will? is this all an illusion? are we in the Matrix and your confidence in your superior knowledge of "reality" just another level of delusion??

think about it. >>

It has nothing to do with paranoia. That is another tactic they have sold to the masses and some buy it fully. Use common sense. Look around you. Are you as free as you were 20 years ago? Are you gaining freedom and liberty, or losing it one pen stroke at a time? Yes, please do think about it. Don't be deceived..
  • Options
    I'm nowhere near as free today as I was 20 years ago, but getting married gets far more of the blame for that than the Government or Social Engineers.

• Options

<< <i>I'm nowhere near as free today as I was 20 years ago, but getting married gets far more of the blame for that than the Government or Social Engineers. >>

Typical dodge..