Home Metal Detecting

First day find

zippcityzippcity Posts: 881 ✭✭✭✭
borrowed a detector (Lone Star) from a friend who does not know how to operate it very well and no owners manual , so I was on my own to figure out how it worked. It has a pretty decent looking face on it, one knob for sensitivity, one knob for disc/notch (which I do not understand as of yet), an area (press for target mode) 3 choices- all metal/ disc/ auto notch, and a screen for iron-foil/ 5cent nickel/ scrap-gold range/ 1cent zinc/ silver. Any tips or comments on how to dial this thing in would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for any input. Zippcity. Oh, almost forgot , today's find, 2-quarters '74,'77 4-nickels 1 each '82p-d, 1-76d and 1 unreadable. going across the street to try a vacant lot where and old house used to be.
Save our Country. Positive BST: Collectorcoins- Mariner020648- profharoldhill- coppertoning- agentjim007- cucamongacoin- ElKevo- mercurydimeguy- Utahcoin-AJAAN-AUandAG- surfinxhi- ZoidMeister- TwoSides2acoin-

Comments

• pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭✭
    is Lone Star the model?
  • zippcityzippcity Posts: 881 ✭✭✭✭
    After doing a little searching I was able to find out it is actually a Bounty Hunter Lone Star , and I was able to find a manual online, which will be very helpful .
    Save our Country. Positive BST: Collectorcoins- Mariner020648- profharoldhill- coppertoning- agentjim007- cucamongacoin- ElKevo- mercurydimeguy- Utahcoin-AJAAN-AUandAG- surfinxhi- ZoidMeister- TwoSides2acoin-
  • pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭✭
    you might be able to find some helpful videos on youtube
  • WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    Also try over at treasurenet. Here's a link to their Bounty Hunter subforum:

Treasurenet - Bounty Hunter
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of help online... and glad you found the manual...that should be a big help. Cheers, RickO
  • zippcityzippcity Posts: 881 ✭✭✭✭
    finally tried the vacant lot across the street today, came up with 33 lincolns , the oldest being '42 '44' 46', 4 dimes, 1 quarter, 1995 chucky cheese token, and 2 unidentifiable tokens. No silver and not enough to buy lunch but fun anyway.