Home Precious Metals
Options

I wonder if Greece is printing "New Drachma" notes

CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just to have something ready when the EU kicks them out.

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.

Comments

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are going in June for our honeymoon ( Athens and Santorini). I'm waiting to lock in Euro rates on the hotels. It's almost like a Forex trade : )

Yes Capt I'm taking that plunge!

Mark
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

I had read somewhere a week or so ago that they already had them printed and standing by.
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats MJ!image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Way to go MJ!!
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently, tourism to Greece has recovered altogether and remains robust (probably because of the prices), despite the political and economic turmoil.

For us foreigners, Greece and its isles are for lovers , Mark! Enjoy!!
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,564 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>We are going in June for our honeymoon ( Athens and Santorini). I'm waiting to lock in Euro rates on the hotels. It's almost like a Forex trade : )

Yes Capt I'm taking that plunge!

Mark >>

Protect your laptop over there. Beware of Greeks bearing gifs!

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that Greece may be the canary in the coal mine.... their eventual crash and burn could be the lead domino.... just a gut feel...Cheers, RickO