Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

What do you do while your waiting for PCGS?

What do you do when you hit that 3 week mark, waiting for you coins to post on the net??? They should have a sound like AOL, when your coins post a voice can come on and say "you have coins!!!". I sent in 5 sheets on 5/2, 4 cleared last week. But, one is still out there, and of course it's the one I want to really see....
It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

Comments

• Options
    kieferscoinskieferscoins Posts: 10,017
    Call and ask. They will know where the coins are and if they have been graded, they will give you the grades.

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    They are sitting on the verify table. it's just the Wait......

• Options
    gmarguligmarguli Posts: 2,226 ✭✭
    PCGS should send you an email when your coins are graded. It'd prevent a lot of people from calling the toll free number and asking. I'm sure PCGS will start doing this a few days after NGC implements it.
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    Lately on upgrade review, since you get your old grade back, PCGS might just as well let you know in 24 hours., collect their fee and everyone is happy, well, almost everyone.
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    actually, what I like to do while I'm waiting for my coins to post-----> Put in random submission numbers and see what other coins come up... It's a great time killing activity... image

• Options
    SpoolySpooly Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭
    Greg I think PCGS is already working on that. That would be nice!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

In God We Trust.... all others pay in Gold and Silver!
  • Options
    clackamasclackamas Posts: 5,615
    >actually, what I like to do while I'm waiting for my coins to post-----> Put in random submission numbers and see what other >coins come up... It's a great time killing activity...

I do that as well. Its fun to see how others do. It also gives you a feel for what others are sending in.

• Options
    StratStrat Posts: 612 ✭✭✭
    Kind of like waiting for Christmas presents when you were a kid, isn't it?
  • Options
    gmarguligmarguli Posts: 2,226 ✭✭
    Kind of like waiting for Christmas presents when you were a kid, isn't it?

Except I never got a box of coal for a Christmas present. image
  • Options
    If you take a lump of coal and squeeze it hard enough and raise the temperature high enough , you get a great big diamond.
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    (Except I never got a box of coal for a Christmas present.)

Are you sure Evil One? image

• Options
    Spooly- If you notice your house being buzzed by a black helocopter with a little fat bear at the stick, its me . I borrowed it from Carol for the day. Bear
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    Bear be careful...... I have a master switch to turn it off. Remember I am the one that gave her the Black Copter!

• Options
    Doggonit foiled again, curses, curses.
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    khaysekhayse Posts: 1,336
    I usually sing "99 bottles of beer" while I'm waiting.

-KHayse
  • Options
    Watch the sports channel.
    Kennedy Halves, Early Silver Commemorative, Modern proof gold eagles, proof sets, Modern Commemorative, Chinese coins, Australia Sovereign and Modern, British Sovereign, and Euros.
    Khayse - 99 bottle of bear is all good and fine but what kind if beer, is it pilsner, lagar or stout. Is it regular, premium or super premium. Is it light, dark or half & half. If we are going to dream ,we need all of the details.
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    I kill time by proofreading posts on this form.

.B ekiM
  • Options
    I do alot of refreshing on the submission page hoping to catch them as they post results. I call to check status and finally today they are in the sealing room... the CSR didn't think it was too funny when I said I thought all rooms had Ceilings. She didn't like it enough to tell me that I should not expect results today as everyone there is on strike due to the holiday and nothing was getting done. (paraphrased)

ritchie
    What will kill a thread faster than a reply from Ritchie?
  • Options
    FlashFlash Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭
    I drink heavily. By the time I wake up from my stupor, my coins will be graded and on their way back to me. image
    Matt
  • Options
    ScarsdaleCoinScarsdaleCoin Posts: 5,196 ✭✭✭✭✭
    you guys miss the point...coin collecting used to be a sloooow hobby...now you want to know instant....try grading yourself...stop relying on grading services....most people know if a coin is nice or not...I just had a guy want to sell me some slabbed gold MS63 each coin was uglier than the next massive spots etc....sorry but I passed if I dont like the way a coin looks I dont need a grading service telling me its nice....I still have my eyesite!
    Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com
  • Options
    its juat a long wait...
  • Options
    vam44vam44 Posts: 291
    I crack the under-graded ones from the last batch,add a couple body-bagged specimens and ship `em to NGC, then ANACS, by that time the current ones should be coming back from PCGS:; a merry-go-round where you usually step off happy, but once in awhile you come away feeling sick!image
    A dealer once asked me if I noticed any three-legged buffalos on the bourse,to which I replied,"...no,but I saw alot of two-legged jackasses..."