Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

SOLD

90% for sale. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    pm sent
    Successful BST Transactions: captainthreeput, ajaan, delesch, savoyspecial, mbogoman, CCHunter, GoldCoin98, RB1026, JGnumismatics, Collectorcoins, Metalsman, illini420, Ahrensdad, vpr, valente151, bballjunkie, bigjpst, forthill, thecoinlook, bgman & more!
  • Options
    GerardGerard Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭
    I suggest getting a pic of the coins before buying.
    I purchased from this seller in the past and all the coins were slicks
    and well below spec weight expected for 90%.
    He did not allow me to return them but
    he had a good reason. He already spent the money.
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/Coins-...=10&_ssn=infoflexsales

Plenty of high dollar transactions :
    jdimmick, commoncents05, Smittys, guitarwes
  • Options
    CoinfolioCoinfolio Posts: 259 ✭✭✭
    Here is the message I was writing Gerard while he was posting on this coin thread. ( he mistakenly messaged me about this lot) thus opening up dialogue.

Well I am sending pics on everything I sell first if there is a question. I think if you look back at our correspondence you will see that I stayed civil with you the whole time, you were not. I agreed to give you some $ back which was more than what smitty originally said was fair because you talked to him on the side. Anyway, I have had thousands of deals on here or ebay and only got one neg on ebay because the dude opened a sealed mint box and got mad at himself. Anyway we made our deal, you thanked me at the end for the refund but neither one of us were happy about it. I could of got more from a dealer and you wanted better quality, the negativity does neither of us any good mentally or from a reputation standpoint if we drag it all out and beat on it some more.
    I harbor no ill will to you, and really Sincerely wish you a profitable and enjoyable experience with your coin trading . Sincerely, Mark
  • Options
    GerardGerard Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭
    Apparently coinfolio wants this an open discussion so here is my response to coinfolio.

I see you are still believing your own bull sh@#.

I will try one last time to break thru to you.

I offered to return them so you could sell to this mythical buyer who would pay more for them
    and you refused. I also failed to sell them on this very board at 15% below what I paid you
    and depsite silver being up $1. Bull sh@# busted

Yes at first Smitty was ok with your meager refund. But you
    keep forgetting he changed his mind after seeing
    the pics of your coins . He would not even make an offer for them because he said he could
    not sell them in that condition. More bull sh@# busted.
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/Coins-...=10&_ssn=infoflexsales

Plenty of high dollar transactions :
    jdimmick, commoncents05, Smittys, guitarwes
  • Options
    I believe you are only harming your own reputation Gerard. I stand by my last post.
  • Options
    SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry but slicks do not bring 13x, and if you don't show people what you're selling you mislead them
  • Options
    I find it interesting that almost 3 months after someone has accepted a agreed upon refund after being offered additional coins to make up for weight that this is all brought up again. I forwarded you smitty the coin description and you agreed with my refund offer. Then your friend (Gerard) talked to you and you changed your mind. Anyway here is the description I sent Gerard in our emails:

"Most of the SL quarters are dateless, the washingtons are older mostly all 30s but some are worn more than others there are a few barbers. There are a few pretty ugly and then some a bit better. The halves are pretty typical junk silver older walkers with a couple polished or whatever, most have dates, there are few franks that are not in that great of condition. The dimes are mostly merc a few barber and rosevelt and are mostly readable but some are rough. "

Sounds like a cull lot to me, that is what he paid for and that is what he got.

Gerard was rude, insulting and belligerent through the whole process. You posted publicly on his side which is why I suggested to him that you mediate as I was not about to pay shipping both ways especially after springing for registered to begin with. I offered Gerard additional coins in my very first message to him as I did make the mistake of weighing the original lot on a bathroom scale to give him an idea of the weight. To me that was a mistake as we all know those are not that accurate but he took it as gospel so I felt compelled to make that weight up. I ended up doing the same thing with a cash refund (more than what you the mediator agreed was fair) which ironically was the equivalent in cash of what I offered in the beginning in additional bullion. Also of note the deal referenced was concluded in November of last year with him receiving a refund that he thanked me for and yet here it is almost 3 months later and its all being brought up again ? Seems like bad form to me after coming to agreement. Anyway I have stayed above the personal insults and I stand by my previous posts in this thread.
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    Someone please define "slick", thanks

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    Slick is very little or no design present
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, sounds like something I've
    experienced with silvereagle, who've
    yet to send me my items !!! :-)
    Timbuk3
  • Options
    WELL...I say to clear this up...one way or another SHOW THE PICS OF THE PRODUCT....T3...YOU still haven't heard or gotten what you deserve from that SilverEagle clown??? MAN that is SOOOOOOO Frustrating!!!!! We are all here for the same reason...give or take. Whether we are collectors of rare coinage or even if we are stackers. There are those like myself that are both a stacker and I also buy rare graded pieces and I don't understand why or how someone in their right mind, with any kinds of morals could do somebody dirty like that...(Im speaking to the incident of T3, and any others that got...got by a total P.O.S)

Coinfolio...Just show the pics of what you have to offer...that will help so much. If they are not slicks then great!!! People will know what they are getting. If they are slicks...well then at least people will too know what they are getting. Let the people make the decision whether they wish to do business with you but you gotta show the product. Thats a must in my book. And please...i'm not taking sides. I'm just speaking from a buyers point of view because i was actually interested until i seen that post from somebody who had done business with you in the past...now that has turned me away from wanting to move forward and im grateful somebody spoke up....but if this isnt the case...if they are not slicks just prove it...and Ill likely be buying product off of you...and im sure others will too.

Countless large & small dollar deals completed