Home Sports Talk

LeBron's 10-year-old son has game......and scholarship offers

galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
What, couldn't wait until middle school?

Link w/footage

Comments

• larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭
    I hope he gets tired of basketball or stops growing at 5'8".
  • SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would not surprise me to hear that a scout or other person who bird dogs talent for elite high school, college and AAU basketball teams are snooping around hospital delivery rooms during the birth of children of top flight athletes like LBJ.
  • mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I hope he gets tired of basketball or stops growing at 5'8". >>

Muggsy Bogues had a pretty good career, and he was only 5'3".
  • larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Muggsy Bogues had a pretty good career, and he was only 5'3". >>

Yes, but not good enough that you would have wanted to offer him a scholarship when he was 10.
  • coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quite sad

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

How many second generation superstars are there? Kids that grow up with that kind of money superstars of today get paid won't have the fire in their belly .

In hockey there were the Hull's and maybe the Howe's to an moderate extent.

Baseball could be the most prolific in this department with even 3rd generation families

Basketball has many father son players.

Joe and Kobe Bryant.

Dolph and Danny Schayes.

Tim Hardaway and Tim Hardaway, Jr.

Dell and Stephan Curry.

Michael and Klay Thompson.

Danny Ferry and his father, whose name I can't remember.

Rick Barry and his four sons (Jon, Brent, Drew and Scooter).

And others, going back decades.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    unreal
  • mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Muggsy Bogues had a pretty good career, and he was only 5'3". >>

Yes, but not good enough that you would have wanted to offer him a scholarship when he was 10. >>

I was just saying that 5'8" wouldn't rule him out as a basketball player. It seemed like you were saying it would.
  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Do a search on Manute Bol's son.

I think he's 14 years old and he's 6-10 already. >>

What ever happened with Manute ? I seem to recall he was sneaking back to his homeland repeatedly while there was a price on his head
  • swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    Maybe his son can show him how to make free throws when the game is on the line...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Do a search on Manute Bol's son.
    I think he's 14 years old and he's 6-10 already. >>

What ever happened with Manute ? I seem to recall he was sneaking back to his homeland repeatedly while there was a price on his head >>

Gotta love his son's name: Bol Bol

Manute died about 5 years ago from kidney failure.

Bol Bol is a damn good player himself! Also seems like a great kid. Take a look.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
    Just watched the video clip.

Manute's son has a skill set that his father never had. Manute could rebound, block shots and score a little bit (down low and once or twice a game from 3 point land). His son appears to be able to dribble, pass, drive, score inside and outside like his father never could.

I assume that his son will continue to grow and likely will remain rail thin. If he does not bulk up to 260 or more pounds, it is likely that he will be a perimeter player instead of a low block player. Heck some 7 footers today are suited to play on the perimeter more than inside. If the trend of bigger, faster and stronger players continue a 7'0" point guard with the skill set of Stephan Curry will be the norm and the 4 and 5 spots will be taken up by players over 7'6" tall.

One of these days the rules will be changed to make the basket 11' high and the court widened and lengthened to accommodate the bigger, faster players and game.

When guys like LBJ or Kevin Durant get a rebound and go coast to coast at full speed and stride I swear it takes them only 4-5 dribbles and 6-7 strides to cover the floor from basket to basket.
  • EstilEstil Posts: 6,866 ✭✭✭✭
    Think maybe he'll play for us? image Oh who am I kidding, LeBron Jr will follow his daddy to Cleveland after playing for Ohio State.
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P+S, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 61D, 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars