Home Precious Metals
Options

Have you guys seen this site?

Modern Coin Mart Reviews.

It appears to be a site where you can go and read/write reviews on some of the major players.

Comments

• Options
    mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
    BTW, I found this on a Finance forum that I frequent.
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My experience with U.S. Gold Bureau.

Got a call from U S Gold Bureau out of Austin, TX wanting to know if I got my eBay order. Does eBay approve of sellers routinely using a buyer's phone number for solicitation purposes?

Of course they start the beeg sales pitch. Asked if I was loyal to a specific dealer. I said no, I buy from whomver has the best deal. They talked about guaranteed buyback down the road. Told em APMEX pays $25 over for AGEs. Guy says "I didn't know that". LOL Call ended pretty soon after that.

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NTW's reviews are horrible....I used to deal with them years ago, prior to 2008, and never had an issue.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dbs review is bad and not like my outstanding experience with them. Possible that the competition gets to under rate the others? I'll continue to use dbs and will stick with the opinions on service and price experienced by my fellow forum members.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    How can one know if it's all completely unbiased...it's on the internet whrre anything goes, even if it's 100% completely false.

thanks for providing it but I doubt it'll make me buy from one and not another.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,993 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>dbs review is bad and not like my outstanding experience with them. Possible that the competition gets to under rate the others? I'll continue to use dbs and will stick with the opinions on service and price experienced by my fellow forum members. >>

Quite likely that for many of these specials that some place like APMEX runs, that the competition is using them to stock up. Not unlikely that a competitor would write a not so glowing review.
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet, thanks !!!
    Timbuk3
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet, thanks !!! :-)
    Timbuk3
  • Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the link. Can't say whether it's biased or not... but certainly another tool to use to help determine where to shop...
    ----- kj
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a very useful site!
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 3 rotten reviews about Northwest Territorial Mint............are accurate. They hold your money and specialize in the run-around. I would strongly advise to avoid them at all costs.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.