Gold Maple at $8 over spot.
Gold Pamp at $5 over.
ASE at $2.39 over.

Items list LINK
The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009

Comments

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks...great deals...agree on the assumption of a big drop on Monday, but that's not gonna stop me from getting the PAMP & Maple...
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice
  • Options
    I just remembered...Monday is a holiday...drop won't happen until Tuesday. image Did order a PAMP & Maple ..with Ebates & cc rebate, final cost is below TODAY's melt.
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I just remembered...Monday is a holiday...drop won't happen until Tuesday. image Did order a PAMP & Maple ..with Ebates & cc rebate, final cost is below TODAY's melt. >>

PM market will be open Monday but spot seems more active when U.S. market kicks in.
  • Options
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Options
    Got enough ASEs for now. You save about $25 on the gold with CC reward points and Mr Rebates.
  • Options
    Gold Maple @ $8.00 over spot... sold out...(1936 sold)
    PAMP @ $5 over spot...still available....(654 sold so far)
  • Options
    PRIZ430PRIZ430 Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
    Wow...thats quite a sale!!!!....It can only mean....a HUGE smash will occur Monday - Tuesday in gold and silver....
  • Options
    5 oz silver bars are now sold out also. Only items remaining, as of now, are the PAMP gold bars and ASE's.

Agree .. as in the last couple of years, after I've made a purchase, PM's are guaranteed to dropimage
  • Options

<< <i>Gold Maple @ $8.00 over spot... sold out...(1936 sold)
    PAMP @ $5 over spot...still available....(654 sold so far) >>

For $3 more, it was smarter to buy the Maples.image
  • Options
    tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    It is a little worry some to see the ASE's so cheap, but also a good deal.

Not sure what the stats are seriously on silver (or gold) dropping after an apmex sale,
    but its still a good deal considering the shipping and choices of amounts.

Just ask yourself if your buying because; you're stacking, speculating, hedging..

I'm not working but I can afford 5, 2015 ASE's w free shipping so I'm pressing the button,
    and I'll sell some generics to get these.
    COA
  • Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    Pamp gold now sold out...so the pamp Suisse, the buffalo gold and 5 oz ag all gone.
    Thanks for the heads up. Great deal for this weekend. Next week...who knows.
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options
    OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    That was a hell of a deal on the maples imo.
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Options
    Guess I'm glad I pulled the trigger on the ASEs before they sell out.
    Finally convinced my wife to get some, so she would see first hand,
    when she gets them in hand, that they really are cheaper than buying
    through the mint.

Hey, wait! I paid for the two batches. I guess she made an excellent deal. Doah..
    COA
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,196 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There will pretty much always be deals on ebay. Jump when the stars are lined up to your benefit.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been said that "they're running out of silver" so better get some while ya can, before it's all gone! image

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    the shortage is in cheap silver.

• Options

<< <i>the shortage is in cheap silver. >>

$10 per ounce or less basis?
  • Options
    Every item...SOLD OUT..
  • Options

<< <i>There will pretty much always be deals on ebay. Jump when the stars are lined up to your benefit. >>

The best part of the deal of getting some ASE's for the wife is now she wants to buy $135 worth of silver a month. I told her to mix it up
    with some 1/10 gold and she was tickled. Maybe we have another convert stacker, that's doing cost averaging even though she doesn't know
    what that means yet.
    COA
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>There will pretty much always be deals on ebay. Jump when the stars are lined up to your benefit. >>

The best part of the deal of getting some ASE's for the wife is now she wants to buy $135 worth of silver a month. I told her to mix it up
    with some 1/10 gold and she was tickled. Maybe we have another convert stacker, that's doing cost averaging even though she doesn't know
    what that means yet. >>

Mite be kind of tough buying 1/10 gold for $135. Mite be better to just set a goal of so many ounces per month. 1/10 gold or 6-7 ASEs/rounds/bars etc.
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭
    APMEX moved 2 Million+ in GAE coins alone in 24 hrs!

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options

<< <i>APMEX moved 2 Million+ in GAE coins alone in 24 hrs! >>

To paraphrase a local car dealership, price sells coins.
  • Options
    PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭
    Pretty unlevel playing field for people who actually have to pay Ebay FVFs to sell their bullion on Ebay.
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Pretty unlevel playing field for people who actually have to pay Ebay FVFs to sell their bullion on Ebay. >>

That should NOT come into play. One really doesn't have a right to have a "level playing field". Consumer protection is what that is about.
    Everyone has different costs and different fees (may cost me $x for materials and you $y for the same thing because of how/where we buy).

ebay is a publicly traded company, not a government one. They get to play all these games they want until, and unless, they are considered a monopoly, like Microsoft was.
    Microsoft gave different costs/benefits to different companies, based on volume. They were sued, by the government on the left, and had to change to a more level playing field.

So, you want a more level playing field? Convince the government to sue ebay as a monopoly.

Of course, I firmly believe that almost anything the government does as a lawsuit causes nothing but worse trouble for the average user/person anyway, so doing so may not exactly make things better for the little people, down the road, but feel free to go for it image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    ranshdowranshdow Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭✭
    Was that $1320ish for the gold Maples when this was first posted? Silvertowne, selling 1oz random year GAEs currently for $1333, was selling them for $1269 in quantity up until 10a this morning.

Did gold futures move on Sunday afternoon or something?
  • Options

<< <i>Was that $1320ish for the gold Maples when this was first posted? Silvertowne, selling 1oz random year GAEs currently for $1333, was selling them for $1269 in quantity up until 10a this morning.

Did gold futures move on Sunday afternoon or something? >>

The Maples were $1238 when posted. So SilverTowne was about $39 over spot, not bad but not great either. The last time [that was on Nov 7th, 2014 @ $1190 a pop]
    APMEX had this kind of deal, IIRC they were around $10 over spot for 1 ounce AGEs. No big move in gold spot AFAIK.
  • Options
    APMEX has random year Maples ON SALE again. Not as good of a deal tho, IMO.
  • Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If AMPEX or anyone knew what was going to happen with metals on any particular day I would think they wouldn't waste time selling metals on the internet, they could just trade for themselves.
    LCoopie = Les
  • Options

<< <i>APMEX has random year Maples ON SALE again. Not as good of a deal tho, IMO. >>

Just opened my PCGS rare coin market report delivered by email. They are citing gold eagle coin prices of $1262 which is $30 over spot. I wonder whose prices they are quoting.
  • Options

<< <i>Wow...thats quite a sale!!!!....It can only mean....a HUGE smash will occur Monday - Tuesday in gold and silver.... >>

And today as of 8:15 am EST ...We have our sell off as predicted by Apmex and their weekend gold & silver sales.....Gold is currently down 7.50 @ 1220.40 and Silver is just being smashed down .64 @ 16.68...so much for the weekend deals.....
  • Options
    bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭
    I want their crystal ball. Seems to be working a lot better than mine.
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • Options

<< <i>I want their crystal ball. Seems to be working a lot better than mine. >>

You don't need their c.b. It's a forewarning of a PM drop when APMEX or MCM has a weekend sale. image
  • Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    Silver is falling early Tuesday.
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Wow...thats quite a sale!!!!....It can only mean....a HUGE smash will occur Monday - Tuesday in gold and silver.... >>

And today as of 8:15 am EST ...We have our sell off as predicted by Apmex and their weekend gold & silver sales.....Gold is currently down 7.50 @ 1220.40 and Silver is just being smashed down .64 @ 16.68...so much for the weekend deals..... >>

And the pain continues as of 9:19 EST Gold is down 14.60 @ 1213.30 and Silver is just getting pummeled down .96 @ 16.36
  • Options

<< <i>

And today as of 8:15 am EST ...We have our sell off as predicted by Apmex and their weekend gold & silver sales.....Gold is currently down 7.50 @ 1220.40 and Silver is just being smashed down .64 @ 16.68...so much for the weekend deals..... >>

Good deal for them, eh?
  • Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And yet lower still

looks to break under 1200
  • Options

<< <i>Gold hasn’t been shining recently. The yellow metal fell yet again this past week. In fact, it has closed lower for its third week in a row. Its 5.1 percent loss during that period is its worst three-week performance since Nov. 7. Things have been tough for bullion for quite some time already. The World Gold Council reported on Thursday that the demand for physical gold in the form of coins and bars were at five-year lows in 2014. The price for the metal is now trading where it was at the start of last year. According to one portfolio advisor, gold’s recent decline will continue because of an appreciating dollar and because of an increase demand for stocks and bonds. >>

source
  • Options
    hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is an amazing coincidence that big price drops follow these big bullion sales image You guys called it.
  • Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should have been dumping platinum too...

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,415 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It is an amazing coincidence that big price drops follow these big bullion sales image You guys called it. >>

Makes you wonder if they can see it coming and unload as much as possible before it happens.image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>It is an amazing coincidence that big price drops follow these big bullion sales image You guys called it. >>

Makes you wonder if they can see it coming and unload as much as possible before it happens.image >>

maybe they are the cause

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,415 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Makes you wonder if they can see it coming and unload as much as possible before it happens.image >>

maybe they are the cause >>

APMEX or any of the other bullion sellers is big enough to move the PM markets.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

maybe they are the cause >>

Mine haven't shipped yet so maybe they are waiting for the coins to actually get there. Imagine the straits you'd be in had you bought them at their regular price which was in the $1330 range IIRC.