Home Sports Talk
Options

Super Bowl 50 - Early Favorites?

Who you got? I have to think Seattle has a good chance of getting back there. Half their starting defense were severely injured in this Super Bowl and they still made it a game. New England looks good and always reloads. Repeat in 2016?

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New England 31
    Seattle 21
  • Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭
    I could see a rematch. Would love to see Seattle win on San Frans home turf.
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Way, way too early to even think about.

My sports attention is now focused on the 2014-15 Golden State Warriors. NBA hoops will be more of a focus now that football is over and baseball is a couple of weeks away from the opening of spring training. The Warriors have been a great story to follow so far this year and if they keep playing as well in the second half of the season as they did in the first half media coverage will only get bigger.

College hoops will get attention in March due to March Madness and when that is over NBA and NHL playoffs will take center stage. April brings opening day for MLB and will draw all of the attention of baseball fans.

The NFL pops up on my radar again in late July when training camp starts.

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>New England 31
    Seattle 21 >>

• Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭
    Anybody but Green Bay and I'm happy.
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Pats will get back there. They are in a wretched division and the rest of the AFC except the ravens is soft , Joe Flacco can win in the playoffs as well as anyone . Denver is hopeless and can't get there unless they man up and fire Peyton , he has always been awful in the playoffs. I like Andrew Luck but doesn't have enough help and he can't do it alone.

The NFC is much more competitive . Seattle has the talent but there are a lot of challengers , green bay is solid , dallas had a good season , Arizona with a healthy QB could do well, the eagles could too . Clawing all the way to the top of the NFC is no easy task.

Seattle is going to have to give Russell Wilson a big raise this year they paid him minimum wage practically. What are the implications of that on the salary cap?

• Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    Andrew Luck is too good to not reach the finals soon. I would take a shot with Indy vs Green Bay.
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    Giants have to be an early favorite...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Browns 31
    Packers 21
    No one will be able to stop Manziel to Gordon.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    ChiefsFan1stChiefsFan1st Posts: 845 ✭✭✭
    I think a re-match of Super Bowl 1 would be cool (of course, Im biasedimage )

Like whats been said, the NFC has tons of possibilities. The way it looks right
    now in the AFC, N.E. or Pitt. would be my guess, but way too much can happen
    between now and then.
    I dont wanna grow up, Im a Toys-R-Us kid!
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vegas sez Hawks....I agree.

Davr
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Seattle Seahawks 5/1
    New England Patriots 7/1
    Green Bay Packers 8/1
    Denver Broncos 10/1
    Dallas Cowboys 14/1
    Indianapolis Colts 14/1
    Philadelphia Eagles 20/1
    San Francisco 49ers 20/1
    New Orleans Saints 22/1
    Pittsburgh Steelers 25/1
    Arizona Cardinals 33/1
    Baltimore Ravens 33/1
    Detroit Lions 33/1
    Atlanta Falcons 40/1
    Carolina Panthers 40/1
    Chicago Bears 40/1
    Cincinnati Bengals 40/1
    Houston Texans 40/1
    Kansas City Chiefs 40/1
    Miami Dolphins 40/1
    Minnesota Vikings 40/1
    New York Giants 40/1
    San Diego Chargers 40/1
    St. Louis Rams 40/1
    Buffalo Bills 66/1
    Cleveland Browns 66/1
    New York Jets 100/1
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers 100/1
    Tennessee Titans 100/1
    Washington Redskins 100/1
    Jacksonville Jaguars 200/1
    Oakland Raiders 200/1
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Giants would be a decent longshot bet, imo. Eli is going to have some fun next season throwing to both Beckham and Cruz.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Baltimore at 33-1 is not bad either, that team is tough in the playoffs
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Browns 31
    Packers 21
    No one will be able to stop Manziel to Gordon. >>

+1
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plus making it to the Super Bowl three years in a row is no easy task.

Just ask Marv Levy. image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Raida Nation! 200-1! image

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd take a shot with AZ. They were on a roll until QB troubles derailed their chances. 2nd choice to Giants. I think little brother will always have more SB's than big brother P. I wonder if Peyton would trade all those regular season records for 1 more SB victory?
    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

<< <i>.......Oakland Raiders 200/1 >>

So you're telling me there's a chance. image
    All your money won't another minute buy.
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070

<< <i>Smart money would go on the Packers.

New England will not be energized (perhaps?)

Seattle will not even come close next year. Contract problems, and trusting the coach problems.
    Plus making it to the Super Bowl three years in a row is no easy task.

If I had to bet (which I don't), I would play it smart with Green Bay. >>

Contract problems? Trusting coaches?

Please, doctor, do analyze my problems and tell me what's wrong with me too
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Please, doctor, do analyze my problems and tell me what's wrong with me too >>

You are suffering from "Damn, my team blew the Super Bowl because my coach is so dumb" syndrome.
    Take three aspirin and call me in the morning. image >>

Im still waiting on him to comment on the Patriots basically being found innocent and seeing if he will comment on that, same with WCK and JoeBanzai.........
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It won't be Seattle from the NFC.
  • Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't agree with players not trusting the Seattle coaches or Carroll. They were within one yard of winning back to back SB's! They will be fine.
  • Options
    Redskins 44
    Chiefs 25
    It's going to be the year of the Native American.
  • Options

<< <i>I don't agree with players not trusting the Seattle coaches or Carroll. They were within one yard of winning back to back SB's! They will be fine. >>

Completely agree, Im sure 99% of the team is not happy with that pass play but to say they dont trust Pete Carroll is insane.

Im reading Suh wants to go to Seattle, that would be a huge addition to their D
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

You are suffering from "Damn, my team blew the Super Bowl because my coach is so dumb" syndrome.

Im still waiting on him to comment on the Patriots basically being found innocent and seeing if he will comment on that, same with WCK and JoeBanzai......... >>

No, I'm suffering from nothing except the anxiety over waiting baseball season to start.

And, what would you like me to say, Perk? Would you like to delve into your attempt at comparing NE to the Chargers, Browns, or some other teams attempt at breaking the rules? You brought it up, so if you'd like to discuss it, cool.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Im still waiting on him to comment on the Patriots basically being found innocent and seeing if he will comment on that, same with WCK and JoeBanzai......... >>

No, I'm suffering from nothing except the anxiety over waiting baseball season to start.

And, what would you like me to say, Perk? Would you like to delve into your attempt at comparing NE to the Chargers, Browns, or some other teams attempt at breaking the rules? You brought it up, so if you'd like to discuss it, cool. >>

Yes in fact I would, you and several others were lambasting the Patriots without knowing any of the facts and now that the story was a bunch of nothing maybe you could just say that you were wrong that its not just a problem with NE but with the NFL? Bottom line you guys were pumping the story and now that its a non story I feel like pumping it that they were wrongly accused.

Its all good either way cnote, I respect you as a poster in general I just dont have any respect for your opinion of the Patriots because its more than just typical non fan banter.
  • Options
    Ok, the Patriots got off the hook- good for them. I still feel that all the scrutiny was/IS justified. NE is not the Browns, Chargers or anyone else. NE has won 4 Super Bowls, all four have some sort of extra activity attached. The teams you had attempted to throw into the mix, wanting their activities compared to NE's, well they haven't even won 4 division titles in the same time frame. You don't have to respect my opinion on NE, because frankly, I'm chiming in on everything I read and its an opinion based on information provided. You don't have to like it, no biggie.

Wrongly accused? I wouldn't go that far. Does anyone outside of NE, or anyone that is not a fan of NE, accept the rouge ball boy story? Now, unless new details have surfaced, (and they very well may have since it's a dull sports cycle for me in the PNW) I cannot believe the story of a minion adjusting pressure on footballs for Tom Brady.
  • Options

There were some new details . Only one ball was under inflated not 11 of 12 and it was the one indy handed over after the interception. None of the PSI numbers were even recorded before or after it was all nonsense.

There was no actual story at all other than in Chris Mortensons mind. He said 11 of 12 were under and a 2 week pigpile ensued .

• Options

<< <i>Ok, the Patriots got off the hook- good for them. I still feel that all the scrutiny was/IS justified. NE is not the Browns, Chargers or anyone else. NE has won 4 Super Bowls, all four have some sort of extra activity attached. The teams you had attempted to throw into the mix, wanting their activities compared to NE's, well they haven't even won 4 division titles in the same time frame. You don't have to respect my opinion on NE, because frankly, I'm chiming in on everything I read and its an opinion based on information provided. You don't have to like it, no biggie.

Wrongly accused? I wouldn't go that far. Does anyone outside of NE, or anyone that is not a fan of NE, accept the rouge ball boy story? Now, unless new details have surfaced, (and they very well may have since it's a dull sports cycle for me in the PNW) I cannot believe the story of a minion adjusting pressure on footballs for Tom Brady. >>

We can agree to disagree, you made a comment and thats all I was looking for. I know Im beating a dead horse but Im still ticked at all the piling on they received before they were found guilty of anything on that stupid deflategate and as it turns out they probably never will.
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's no use Perk. The NE haters will always be haters. It's the price you pay being good for so long.

Being a Dallas fan I know all about haters. Yankee's have the same problem. Just look at the Jeter threads.

Haters make me sick and laugh at the same time.
  • Options

<< <i>It's no use Perk. The NE haters will always be haters. It's the price you pay being good for so long.

Being a Dallas fan I know all about haters. Yankee's have the same problem. Just look at the Jeter threads.

Haters make me sick and laugh at the same time. >>

I hear ya, its all good anyways. It couldnt have played out any better I mean they couldnt find anything on that stupid deflategate and the Pats basically gave the haters a nice dose of "In your face we are the CHAMPS" image

Im all done calling people out on it, Im happy with Super Bowl #4 image
  • Options
    *Double Post*
  • Options
    *Triple Post*
  • Options
    Very weird it wouldnt show my post then all of a sudden it goes berzerk and posts the same thing multiple times, that has been happening alot lately image
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It's no use Perk. The NE haters will always be haters. It's the price you pay being good for so long.

Haters make me sick and laugh at the same time. >>

First off welcome back after you quit this place and vowed never to return. My kids used to do that. Just like you, I knew they would always come back.

Second the reason people hate on the Cowboys are because of their fans. They act like 1995 was just around the corner. Give up the ghost. They haven't been relevant in 20 years.

MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

<< <i>Very weird it wouldnt show my post then all of a sudden it goes berzerk and posts the same thing multiple times, that has been happening alot lately image >>

Happens to me frequently, but I can't go edit mine. A total P in my A
  • Options

<< <i>ESPN has a report that M. Lynch is considering retirement.

Is that just a contract negotiations tactic ? >>

Its M. Lynch being a complete DB, he has been saying that every offseason for the past few years, the guy is a complete weirdo and talks out of his rear end.

Let him walk away and in a few years he will grow up *MAYBE* and probably be looking for attention
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>ESPN has a report that M. Lynch is considering retirement.

Is that just a contract negotiations tactic ? >>

Its M. Lynch being a complete DB, he has been saying that every offseason for the past few years, the guy is a complete weirdo and talks out of his rear end.

Let him walk away and in a few years he will grow up *MAYBE* and probably be looking for attention >>

Maybe he has the Ricky Williams thing goin on? These guys can all say or do whatever they want on the offseason no one cares . If he shows up game 1 its all good.

They are athletes I really don't need to hear any of them talking . Its not what they get paid to do
  • Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    The Pats will be back, barring an injury to Brady or Gronk. The AFC is abysmal. Assuming Pittsburgh will shore up their defense, they will be the Pats only competition. The Ravens will probably be in the mix, assuming Flacco doesn't sleepwalk through too much of the regular season. But the Colts are nowhere near ready, if this year's AFC title game was any indication. Denver is trailing off. Cincy is Cincy. KC and SD just don't have what it takes.

On the NFC side, it's hard not to like the Packers, assuming all the key pieces remain in place. They had a good enough team to win it all this year.
  • Options

<< <i>The Pats will be back, barring an injury to Brady or Gronk. The AFC is abysmal. Assuming Pittsburgh will shore up their defense, they will be the Pats only competition. The Ravens will probably be in the mix, assuming Flacco doesn't sleepwalk through too much of the regular season. But the Colts are nowhere near ready, if this year's AFC title game was any indication. Denver is trailing off. Cincy is Cincy. KC and SD just don't have what it takes.

On the NFC side, it's hard not to like the Packers, assuming all the key pieces remain in place. They had a good enough team to win it all this year. >>

If Denver doesn't flush the turd that is Peyton Manning there is no hope for them Is he set to make 19 million next year? Thats crazy you can't pay him Jay Cutler money image

I'd offer him 8 million tops and make him train his own replacement.
  • Options
    SEA.....HAWKS!

Run the ball, Pete!

Dave
  • Options
    If I had to pick right now, I would take the Seahawks and Steelers to play the big game.
  • Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Part of me wishes I had taken those early 40-1 odds on the Panthers...

RIP Mom- 1932-2012